All-Star I'm Starting All Star Cheerleading In 2 Weeks (half-year)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah sooo today we had to condition ALOT because someone dropped their flyer and she landed on the ground. I'm not complaining though, I think it's an appropriate consequence. I would want the same if someone dropped me. My body is like :confused: I feel terrible

So how do you like it?

So how do you like it?
I LOVE it but since it's half-year, there's a lot of little kids and they can get VERY annoying. They talk a lot, too. But I am very close to my back walkover and they have already started teaching me a bhs:p. I wish I started cheerleading a lot earlier because I would've probably already had some tumbling skills. There's a seven year old with a layout :eek:. Most of the other girls have a bhs at least. But I've learned so much so far.

When you join a full year, expect a ton of conditioning, no matter the level. Your body will get use to it if you keep pushing through it. Good Luck!!
More conditioning? :confused: We conditioned a lot yesterday and I thought I was going to be sore today but I'm not at all! But yesterday I tried to push through it. Thanks for the good luck!

More conditioning? :confused: We conditioned a lot yesterday and I thought I was going to be sore today but I'm not at all! But yesterday I tried to push through it. Thanks for the good luck!
conditioning is essential to cheerleading. some teams condition at practice, some do it during tumbling, but it makes EVERYONE stronger! it is awful at times, but so worth it in the end

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I LOVE it but since it's half-year, there's a lot of little kids and they can get VERY annoying. They talk a lot, too. But I am very close to my back walkover and they have already started teaching me a bhs:p. I wish I started cheerleading a lot earlier because I would've probably already had some tumbling skills. There's a seven year old with a layout :eek:. Most of the other girls have a bhs at least. But I've learned so much so far.
Hang in there! Tumbling can be harder to get as you get older but there have been many people on here who have attained higher skills that they ever thought they would get, just by keeping at it and working hard. Don't worry about that 7 year old with the layout, she will probably be burned out by age 10 ;).
And yes, get used to the conditioning. You will be thankful for it when you can get through your entire routine without feeling like you're going to collapse halfway through. It will also make your tumbling stronger.
Keep us posted on how the season goes!

Hang in there! Tumbling can be harder to get as you get older but there have been many people on here who have attained higher skills that they ever thought they would get, just by keeping at it and working hard. Don't worry about that 7 year old with the layout, she will probably be burned out by age 10 ;).
And yes, get used to the conditioning. You will be thankful for it when you can get through your entire routine without feeling like you're going to collapse halfway through. It will also make your tumbling stronger.
Keep us posted on how the season goes!
I will! :D Thanks for the advice :)

Just wanted to wish you luck on your season! My first season was amazing, you gain a great sense of community and love through cheer, it's truly a blessing to be involved in it! Hope you enjoy every second!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I still haven't made much progress with my bwo. It feels like my arms aren't strong enough or I can't kick over hard enough.

Have you been going to private tumbling sessions? It probably costs extra but a lot of girls I know progressed much faster with privates.
Sorry I haven't responsed in like forever and I'm going to one but I'm soooo discouraged with my back walkover.

Sorry I haven't responsed in like forever and I'm going to one but I'm soooo discouraged with my back walkover.

Keep going! The only way to get stronger is to keep working! I never tumbled but worked on and off on my backhandspring for years. If someone had just said stick with it keep trying I would probably have gotten it!

Im tardy to the party...but I started allstar before there was a level 1, as said above, so I was just never taught it. I'm 17 & in my 11th year now and STILL can't do one. So don't get too discouraged! It's also usually harder for older kids to learn new skills because we think too much about it, and we have a little more mass to be throwin upside down. Best of luck, I hope you enjoy it once y'all start competing!'

My daughter has been doing this for 12 years and has a full, but still no BWO. No worries! When she started the focus was more on getting the BHS and not beginning skills. Her problem is with pulling herself over as well. You will get frustrated sometimes, but believe that you can and will do it! Don't give up!

Back