All-Star I'm Starting All Star Cheerleading In 2 Weeks (half-year)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It already started and I'm literally one of the only ones without even a back walkover! :( It's frustrating!
If it makes you feel better, I've been cheering for 10 years and still can't back walkover. I'm sure many others can join me on this!

Just keep working hard at it, be willing to leave your comfort zone from time to time and don't give up, even if you become so frustrated that you never want to do them again. Trust me, the feeling of doing a new skill all by yourself for the first time is unmatched. :) good luck!! You'll be great!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

What she said. ^^

My CP has pretty walkovers but it's because she spent 2 years at level 1 where they were needed and she practiced and perfected them before she got a back handspring. There are lots of upper level athletes however that can't do them, and I see it a lot in the older kids that start cheer late and progress quickly. I would not base your ability on whether you can or can't do them. You may get your handspring first. Good luck to you!

yes! back walkovers can be hard for some people. i had both when i cheered but now that i'm retired and thinking about...throwing a bhs seems way less scary than a bwo :confused:

yes! back walkovers can be hard for some people. i had both when i cheered but now that i'm retired and thinking about...throwing a bhs seems way less scary than a bwo :confused:
omg i really didn't know that..... i feel stupid haha! well since i know that now, which one should i work on first?

Some kids started cheer before there was a level 1 division so it's not something they learned to do.

I love reading your excitement about your team and program! Looking forward to hearing about your season. I know you are going to do very well.

(Shoes.......NFINITY)

Some kids started cheer before there was a level 1 division so it's not something they learned to do.

I love reading your excitement about your team and program! Looking forward to hearing about your season. I know you are going to do very well.

(Shoes.......NFINITY)
it makes me even more motivated because i know my fellow fierceboarders are here for me! and thank you so much :p

and what about nfinitys?

it makes me even more motivated because i know my fellow fierceboarders are here for me! and thank you so much :p

and what about nfinitys?

You asked in the other thread about shoes......those are the one's I get for my daughter!

omg i really didn't know that..... i feel stupid haha! well since i know that now, which one should i work on first?

Some gym's teach the bwo first for skill progression purposes so I would definitely talk to their tumbling coach about which one you should start with. Don't feel stupid. We we're all new to the sport at 1 point in time. You'll probably have a lot of question's and this is a great place to get answer's!

Some gym's teach the bwo first for skill progression purposes so I would definitely talk to their tumbling coach about which one you should start with. Don't feel stupid. We we're all new to the sport at 1 point in time. You'll probably have a lot of question's and this is a great place to get answer's!
it sure is!

oh i might get the varsity lass past or the nfinity veganeance (one of the two) which one is better? ive heard that nfinitys wear out very easily!

Shoes are a personal choice and my daughter doesn't care for the Last Pass. She's an Nfinity girl through and through. Depending on how much you wear the shoes that can be true but you should get a full season out of a pair.

Shoes are a personal choice and my daughter doesn't care for the Last Pass. She's an Nfinity girl through and through. Depending on how much you wear the shoes that can be true but you should get a full season out of a pair.
Oh ok thanks

oh i might get the varsity lass past or the nfinity veganeance (one of the two) which one is better? ive heard that nfinitys wear out very easily!
I would definitely try to get your back and front walkover..they're skills that you will use no matter what level you're on (for example, in level 2 you will need a standing back walkover backhandspring and you can always add a front walkover before any pass in any level). At my gym, everyone on a level 2 team has a back walkover, front walkover, and backhandspring. If you can work on all three simultaneously, even better :)

Back