All-Star In Your Opinion, Which Is Better?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 2, 2011
Which is a better team in your opinion ::

1) a team that is really clean (like stingrays) with not a lot of difficulty,

or

2) a team with really good difficulty that is not all that tight and clean. not saying like hot mess & falls, just not as clean.

JW, i was thinking about this earlier, IMO i like option 2 better.

Definitely a very clean team with not as much difficulty is better IMO. When you're clean and tight and perfect the skills you have now, then that gives you a foundation to start working those higher and harder skills so that later in the year you can increase your difficulty while still being clean!

Option number 2 is usually more entertaining, but clean wins for a good reason. Achieving perfection is what makes a routine impressive and difficult to me.

Yeah i see where your coming from, but im not saying sloppy mess in stunts, and falling, but like jumps and motions need cleaned up, in my eyes a team that has that spark, attitude and talent but maybe not sharpness beats any team that has the tightness but not skill.

Yeah i see where your coming from, but im not saying sloppy mess in stunts, and falling, but like jumps and motions need cleaned up, in my eyes a team that has that spark, attitude and talent but maybe not sharpness beats any team that has the tightness but not skill.

well it all depends on what you mean by "skill". if you mean a team that has super clean straight up stunts than thats not skill. but like if a team executes a perfect full up and switch they would probably beat the team with 1.5 ups and tick tocks that wasnt executed so well.

It takes every ounce of skill to execute the basics correctly. I don't want to see a sloppy advanced skill because I'm looking at an injury waiting to happen. Yes, torn ACL's happen on toe touches. Happened to me my second year of high school cheer, and it was all because I didn't have correct technique from the start. It took two years, but that lack of skill caught up with me. Also, sloppiness is indicative of carelessness. If you didn't care enough to get it right, I don't care enough to watch.

Definitely option 1! I totally lose interest in watching a team that's all over the place and sloppy!

Most definitely option 1!!
biggrin.png
IMO a lot more gyms really need to think about that...especially going to big national competitions (2-days) where you cannot afford to have careless deductions on things like sloppiness/big bobbles.

Latest posts

Back