All-Star In Your Opinion, Which Is Better?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i say option 1 i love seeing super clean routines even if they arent the most difficult however i have to wonder how judges feel about this i have seen some things this season that were very questionable to say the least i mean last i checked you dont get an A for effort on score sheets so with that said i have seen super sharp routines with great difficulty lose to not so sharp teams with a little higher difficulty and stunts falling and bobbling all over the place to me i just dont get it

Option 1. I'm a freak when it comes to being clean. I want to throw up every time a see a high v with bent wrists. And when people have arms flying everywhere transitioning. Ewwwww!

does anyone else think that there can be a point where a team is TOO clean? there are times when i watch a team perform so clean, that i get bored because they make it look so easy and like they aren't actually doing something that i know is ungodly hard...
i mean, i don't like seeing teams be unclean...they still have to have good execution and everything...
i'm not really sure how else to explain it. haha

does anyone else think that there can be a point where a team is TOO clean? there are times when i watch a team perform so clean, that i get bored because they make it look so easy and like they aren't actually doing something that i know is ungodly hard...
i mean, i don't like seeing teams be unclean...they still have to have good execution and everything...

I feel the complete opposite and people think its weird but, id honestly rather watch a super clean team even if their stunts were just straight up over a team with lets say ball up 360s that barely hit. I mean i guess thats why im a huge rays fan!

"Nearly" having a skill is for practise. If you're hitting a super hard skill once out of every 5 times that's great that you're pushing yourself and that's what progresses the sport but until you hit 99% of the time keep it out of the routine! We all want the sport as a whole to progress so work on difficult stunts in practise but if you go out on the floor and end up hurting someone then that looks bad on every single one of us. Sporting status will come when people take responsibility!

I think I would have to say option 2. I would prefer to look at a routine and say woah bit of a bobble but amazing, over ok another clean scale. Its just like a small senior team who puts up 5 stunt groups and push's the difficulty over a team who plays safe with 4 boring stunts. (IMO)

Clean means symmetry and flow. It is number one in my book, watchability is important. Difficulty is the gravy. But there is no buzz factor in it if it doesn't hit, or is off timing. It doesn't happen very often that someone will come on here and talk (nicely) about the what Craptastic Allstars tried to put up but didn't hit. You notice the teams we are the most in awe of are those that are clean, and can execute the difficult stuff well.

Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about...

For me it's option 2 because if you have a lot of difficulty clean-ness comes with time... Yes being clean is very important, but it's easier to learn how to be clean then pick up some difficulty...

I respectfully disagree. If a gym lets it be ok to compete unperfected skills the cleanness will never come! They'll just keep doing harder and harder skills each year without any of them being completely clean.

I respectfully disagree. If a gym lets it be ok to compete unperfected skills the cleanness will never come! They'll just keep doing harder and harder skills each year without any of them being completely clean.
Yeah, I definitely see where you are coming from... But where I'm coming from with this is let's say the skills are perfected and just the team all together is sloppy. If you have the skills it's easy to learn how to be clean. So I wasn't trying to say oh like you have a full let's start working specialty through to double... I meant like oh congratulations your double is looking really good now try and be clean around the floor ie. run with your hands by your sides, HIT your motions.. I guess the way I wrote it made it sound weird....
I guess what I'm trying to say is if you have a difficulty packed team and they hit and they're not clean it's easier for that team to learn how to be clean then to have a team that is basically level 4 ,that hits consistently, to learn difficulty...

Clean means symmetry and flow. It is number one in my book, watchability is important. Difficulty is the gravy. But there is no buzz factor in it if it doesn't hit, or is off timing. It doesn't happen very often that someone will come on here and talk (nicely) about the what Craptastic Allstars tried to put up but didn't hit. You notice the teams we are the most in awe of are those that are clean, and can execute the difficult stuff well.

This has happened plenty of times. Routines (world winning routines) that have not hit perfect but had difficulty have wowed people. Obv we would all love to see a routine clean and difficult but when it comes down would you rather see a bobble in a tick tock 360 or a perfectly clean heel stretch??

This has happened plenty of times. Routines (world winning routines) that have not hit perfect but had difficulty have wowed people. Obv we would all love to see a routine clean and difficult but when it comes down would you rather see a bobble in a tick tock 360 or a perfectly clean heel stretch??
Exactly, that's what I'm thinking too...

but they also hit the rest of their routine cleanly. i think what the poster means is overall very sloppy.

Latest posts

Back