All-Star International Open Level 4??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

now that other programs are obviously going ahead and implementing the idea and giving it a shot who else is going to follow suit and try to recruit athletes that may have aged out of your program or in your area and try to form a team?

just one more reason we arent ever going to be considered a sport. i love the passion and take it by the horns attitude of these gyms, but the dallas cowboys cant just decide they are going to make a touchdown worth 15 points and run with it. everytime usasf or iasf allow the businesses make these biased decisions, we take a step back. i say biased bc no matter what you are told, business owners are looking out for their business first. i defy you to find a gym owner who is willing to put their livelyhood on the line for a rule change.
coaching in socal i would love more than anythign to have an international level 4, but when the decisions are being started by the large programs who have the ability to throw their weight and money around it shows the core of what we are....a business.

just one more reason we arent ever going to be considered a sport. i love the passion and take it by the horns attitude of these gyms, but the dallas cowboys cant just decide they are going to make a touchdown worth 15 points and run with it. everytime usasf or iasf allow the businesses make these biased decisions, we take a step back. i say biased bc no matter what you are told, business owners are looking out for their business first. i defy you to find a gym owner who is willing to put their livelyhood on the line for a rule change.
coaching in socal i would love more than anythign to have an international level 4, but when the decisions are being started by the large programs who have the ability to throw their weight and money around it shows the core of what we are....a business.
i agree!

So is this an actual division or is Top Gun just using this team as an exhibition to promote it as a possible division?

So is this an actual division or is Top Gun just using this team as an exhibition to promote it as a possible division?
I can't find the post Cory made about it...but it was one a lot of people said they were in favor of. Top Gun will be having one and he was encouraging other gyms to 'offer' it to see if there was enough interest (which he believes there is) to make it a division in the future.

It's funny, because when I first heard of the idea, I was against it. Now, thinking about it again, I think I would be down with it. I just think of all the Open 6 routines I saw this year and how maybe all of 5 were REALLY Open 6 appropriate, INCLUDING tumbling. Let's face it, just because it's not weighted as much, doesn't mean you don't want to excel at it. I'd love a level where I could offer everything..INCLUDING tumble, and therefore not have to skew the score sheet to accommodate the fact that I'm not well-rounded enough for a level 6 team because I was originally a HS cheerleader. Heck, I think it might draw more people in who are intimidated by level 6 (especially if they come from HS) but want to still compete and don't have a college team (and therefore might turn to allstar).

It's funny, because when I first heard of the idea, I was against it. Now, thinking about it again, I think I would be down with it. I just think of all the Open 6 routines I saw this year and how maybe all of 5 were REALLY Open 6 appropriate, INCLUDING tumbling. Let's face it, just because it's not weighted as much, doesn't mean you don't want to excel at it. I'd love a level where I could offer everything..INCLUDING tumble, and therefore not have to skew the score sheet to accommodate the fact that I'm not well-rounded enough for a level 6 team because I was originally a HS cheerleader. Heck, I think it might draw more people in who are intimidated by level 6 (especially if they come from HS) but want to still compete and don't have a college team (and therefore might turn to allstar).

Totally agree. Level 6 can be terrifying. Also not every allstar athlete is going to graduate at level 5 either, so having an option for all those 18+ who have aged out but can't give up cheer can only be a positive thing. Most actual international teams (as in those outside the US) have 18+ cheerleaders at levels 2,3,4 and while they may not be the best to watch, you know they're all having a great time doing it. If my partner can play competitive Grade F basketball, why can't cheer offer an option for their less than stellar adult athletes? I think it's a great idea, maybe not for worlds - unless it's in ICU? - but for NCA, Cheersport and other nationals/state comps.

Personally, I have cheered at level 3, level 4, and level 5, at one point; I did all of them at the same time. Now, 4 knee surgeries later I am trying to hope back into things. Although I can stunt level 5 and 6, my tumbling is shaky right now. Doing level 4 open this year would be alot less stressful on myself while I build skills back up. I am VERY excited for it and have been talking to one of the owners at HotCheer <3. I plan on participating, but I might not be able to if I get accepted to study abroad in Switzerland starting in January, either way - I think this division is GREAT for anyone who was injured and is trying to work back into cheer.

I really want to get myself back in shape to tryout for Lazers, but mybe they'll have enough non-level 5 tumblers aat tryouts to produce an open 4 team as well *cough* wishful thinking @imrichhowboutu

Back