All-Star Is It Fair That Pd Bids Give The Same Amount To West And East Coast Teams When Worlds Is Held In Fl?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was under the impression teams only used what they needed and then the competition company kept the rest? I don't know maybe I'm just making that up...

If it's a paid bid (which I assume you mean by PD?) I thought they just gave you however much money you would need to cover it

should west coast teams get more?
i did some research, comparing ROUND TRIP flights from dallas to orlando, los angeles to orlando, and boston to orlando. yes, not all teams at worlds are from this area obviously, but i tried to choose cities that are on each side of the country. These prices also include taxes.

These are the least expensive tickets, but for each kind of flight, they are about the same price, within about $10-20. Once again, these are roundtrip flights.
Boston to Orlando and Back
Nonstop- $275
1 stop- $270

Texas to Orlando and Back
Nonstop- $385
1 stop- $250

Now, first, this is if you booked a flight now. These tickets would be less expensive if they had been booked at any time earlier Also, the date is close to public school spring break, so tickets are more expensive then.

Just trying to give some more information before people respond:)

i did some research, comparing ROUND TRIP flights from dallas to orlando, los angeles to orlando, and boston to orlando. yes, not all teams at worlds are from this area obviously, but i tried to choose cities that are on each side of the country. These prices also include taxes.

These are the least expensive tickets, but for each kind of flight, they are about the same price, within about $10-20. Once again, these are roundtrip flights.
Boston to Orlando and Back
Nonstop- $275
1 stop- $270

Texas to Orlando and Back
Nonstop- $385
1 stop- $250

Now, first, this is if you booked a flight now. These tickets would be less expensive if they had been booked at any time earlier Also, the date is close to public school spring break, so tickets are more expensive then.

Just trying to give some more information before people respond:)

what was the la to orlando?

Also I was under the impression that when you have a paid bid you do not pay the rack rate that is in the World's brochure for your room that it is much cheaper because the host would be booking a lot of rooms?

oh sorry, it was

LA to Orlando and Back
Nonstop- $310
1 Stop- $330

How is one stop more that non stop?
confused.png

i've attached the link so you can see, but yes that it is what it says. I imagine it has something to do with taxes, because the flight itself is the exact same. Look at the chart at the top, I've taken those numbers from the mixed flights column, because that is typically the cheapest, and when traveling to worlds, people tend to want to take the cheapest flight. Feel free to correct me if I've completely screwed that up, but I dont think I have...

http://www.expedia.com/Flights-Sear...openalty:N,sortby:price&mode=search&rfrr=-429

Ope, the flights for Nonstop from LA to Orlando have changed in the past hour. My apologies, they are now $320 for nonstop.

How is one stop more that non stop? :confused:

I don't fly very often, but I'm pretty sure one stop means that there's a connection or the plane stops at a different airport at some point during the flight. Say you're flying out of Chicago. Non-stop, you'd fly straight from Chicago to Orlando. One stop would mean you'd go Chicago to Indy to Orlando, or something to that effect.

I don't fly very often, but I'm pretty sure one stop means that there's a connection or the plane stops at a different airport at some point during the flight. Say you're flying out of Chicago. Non-stop, you'd fly straight from Chicago to Orlando. One stop would mean you'd go Chicago to Indy to Orlando, or something to that effect.
But still, a 1-stop flight should be less. Doesn't really make sense. but it probably has something to do with it just costing less for an airline to put 2-short flights instead of 1-long

But still, a 1-stop flight should be less. Doesn't really make sense. but it probably has something to do with it just costing less for an airline to put 2-short flights instead of 1-long

OHHHH, I totally misread the post I responded to. I thought the original poster was confused about the type of flight. Wow.

so here is the real question, should a team like cheerforce (coming from california) get the same amount of money that orlando allstars gets (thats already in florida)?

Back