All-Star Is It Fair That Pd Bids Give The Same Amount To West And East Coast Teams When Worlds Is Held In Fl?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know last year they had a commuter package available...one girl from our team had a timeshare so her package was charged differently...not sure if they are still offering this, but I'm sure a team like Orlando Allstars might benefit financially from this (if they didn't have a paid bid)

I think he means leaving the state to get a bid.

Also I was under the impression that when you have a paid bid you do not pay the rack rate that is in the World's brochure for your room that it is much cheaper because the host would be booking a lot of rooms?

I am pretty sure anyone using the USASF package with or without a bid pays the same price. I would think if there was a lower price it would be for all the rooms, not just select rooms. The only advantage to the World's package through USASF is the special bus you can pick up at the World's tent at Sports and lanyard. Since buses to Wide World of Sport run from the front of All Star Sports and Caribbean Beach when any event is running, I am not sure it is much of an advantage. If a team is in Movies it would be quicker to use the bus at Movies than to walk to the World's tent at Sports.

I was under the impression teams only used what they needed and then the competition company kept the rest? I don't know maybe I'm just making that up...
no thats not the way it works :)

This depends on the event producer. I've known of instances where the gym got paid the bid money, then they arranged the travel. I've also seen where either the event producer arranged all the travel or the gym arranged it, but the bill went to the event producer. In most cases the bill is more then bid money, so it's not an issue.

I've never been to a Florida bid comp, but I would imagine it would be smart for the EP to arrange the travel package so that they don't spend all the bid obey if they don't have to.

But still, a 1-stop flight should be less. Doesn't really make sense. but it probably has something to do with it just costing less for an airline to put 2-short flights instead of 1-long

It depends on the airline's normal routes. If an airline doesn't normally fly nonstop from LA, then the few nonstop flights across the country would be more expensive than if they have lots that go into Dallas, and lots of flights from Dallas to Orlando. This is an example, each airline has hubs they fly lots of flights out of.

There are some other factors that can might make longer flights cheaper than connecting flights, but not always. I don't want to bore you with the longer explanation, ask me if you want to know.

It depends on the airline's normal routes. If an airline doesn't normally fly nonstop from LA, then the few nonstop flights across the country would be more expensive than if they have lots that go into Dallas, and lots of flights from Dallas to Orlando. This is an example, each airline has hubs they fly lots of flights out of.

There are some other factors that can might make longer flights cheaper than connecting flights, but not always. I don't want to bore you with the longer explanation, ask me if you want to know.
Why don't you just come pick us all up and fly us to Orlando?!
cool.png

Ok how about we move UCA nationals and Worlds somewhere eles...as a resident of Orlando I dont appriciate everyone coming and to Disney and making me wait in like to get on the Haunted Mansion and I dont like almost dying everytime Im driving to work and someone randomly stop their car in the middle of the parkway to take a picture of the Walt Disney World entrence gate...fly somewhere eles!
wink.png

Latest posts

Back