All-Star Is It Fair That Pd Bids Give The Same Amount To West And East Coast Teams When Worlds Is Held In Fl?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To my knowledge the only bid giving competition is UCA Nationals...and Allegedly U.S Open but its only 2 partials
Well then that should suffice, even a at large bid would be ok. If your already in the state you dont need to really travel.

Well then that should suffice, even a at large bid would be ok. If your already in the state you dont need to really travel.

yes but most orlando teams dont depend on these comps to get their bids becaus they are so late in the season...they are more "practice for worlds" comps if that makes sence

Why don't you just come pick us all up and fly us to Orlando?!
cool.png

Find me a set of keys

Being from Brandon our goal was ALWAYS the paid bid. Not only for the obvious reason of paying for our trip, but also the prestige behind receiving the paid bid. Getting a paid bid isn't always about necessity.....any cheerleader who has ever earned a bid knows what i'm taking about.....your team gets the FULL PAID BID, you immediately tell all your friends, "I'm going to Worlds for free" and do things like update your Facebook status (I just won $25,000 woohoo!) lol. In my opinion, it should not matter where you're from. Someone brought up a few months ago on the boards the suggestion that teams that live a certain number of miles away from orlando only be allowed to receive partial or at-large.....obviously this suggestion was met with a lot of opposition from those who live in or around the orlando/ central florida area.

*** Disclaimer: This could be completely wrong, but I'm going to say it anyways....I remember asking Peter (Brandon's owner) what happens with the extra money and it was my understanding that if it was not spent, the remaining went back to the funders.....but like i said. That could be wrong.

Finally, people don't realize that we use a good chunk of the money for transportation as well. Some assume that we save a bunch of money by driving there....yes.....we do drive there....but not in our own cars with our parents. We take a team charter bus. I'm not an expert on the rate of a bus versus a flight but i'm guessing it's cheaper. However, although I'm sure the amount of money spent by California Small Senior and Brandon Senior Black it isn't necessarily even, teams from Florida do put the money to good use.

Considering that every other competition athletes have to pay full price for flights and hotel AND registration fees. Wouldn't one be happy with any amount of money to help make a competition (like WORLDS) cheaper. Yes there is still money that has to be spent. I assume if one team was given more than another that would create a whole new argument. Be happy you got a bid, if you get any amount of money be happy with that. But the fact of the matter is you have a choice, to go or not to go, that is YOUR choice but complaining that you want more money or that others should get less I just don't get.

I think that teams that have less expenses for travel should get paid less for only one reason. That is if the extra money doesn't got back to the Funders then the team is essentially benefiting financially from winning a competition. Its like having prize money at the end of a competition. To where the money really is suppose to be spent towards travel to a competition they qualified for. The paid bid shouldn't be a financial benefit to a gym it should merely be a means to pay for th expenses related to Worlds. Not other expenses related to the gym(if there is extra).

So can someone tell me how exactly paid bids work? I'm so confused (probably because I've never been involved with Worlds in any way <sigh>). I thought they just paid for airfare, hotel, fees, etc. upto $25,000. Meaning if you live in FL, they just pay for your bus or whatever, your hotel, and your fees. And if you live in Alaska, they pay for flight, hotel, and fees. So everyone would be getting the same "prize"--maybe not the same $$$ value, but the same "stuff" so to speak: transporation of some sort, lodging, and fees. Is that not how it works? It's just $25,000 to everyone?

Latest posts

Back