All-Star Is It Ok To Mark An Entire Routine In Competition?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

seriously? stop posting nasty comments about UA. it wasnt your decision, it was the coaches decision. they felt it was the best thing they could do since COA was not giving refunds. just because they go full out at practice doesnt mean anything about going full out at COMPETITION. competition and practice are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. you PRACTICE your skills at practice, and hope for the best at competition. they obviously didnt feel comfortable enough to throw all the skills at comp so they didnt. GET OVER IT.
enough already!

Just to go back to something stated at the beginning of the thread, how do you forget to bring your shoes to a competition??? Even if you did, wouldn't you ask someone from another team if you can borrow their shoes?
there's not many people who have the same size cheer shoes as a boy who is a senior in high school.. there is one other coed team at ua north and those boys are 13

did it offend people that much that three teams at a competition marked 3 parts of their routine? if it did I'm sorry I guess but like I said before, it made us more comfortable. many people ask why. like lexi said, it helped us get more confident. someone else said that they'd rather do everything but we changed basket groups the Thursday before and got a fill in on Saturday who had to remember the whole routine from one day. the parts we marked we were fine with and we really liked having breathing time before the parts that we weren't confident about. today at practice my coach said something about all that matters is our safety. I'm pretty sure he has no idea about this thread and he still makes sure he mentions safety. all the other athletes on the team felt safe and confident with what we did.

did it offend people that much that three teams at a competition marked 3 parts of their routine? if it did I'm sorry I guess but like I said before, it made us more comfortable. many people ask why. like lexi said, it helped us get more confident. someone else said that they'd rather do everything but we changed basket groups the Thursday before and got a fill in on Saturday who had to remember the whole routine from one day. the parts we marked we were fine with and we really liked having breathing time before the parts that we weren't confident about. today at practice my coach said something about all that matters is our safety. I'm pretty sure he has no idea about this thread and he still makes sure he mentions safety. all the other athletes on the team felt safe and confident with what we did.
It's not so much offense as curiosity. When somebody does something that's out of the norm, people are bound to be curious. Needless to say, it's sparked an interesting debate about what people expect from their coaches, from competitions, and how people feel about exhibitions. Consider it an honor- you're nothing until you're talked about ;)

It's not so much offense as curiosity. When somebody does something that's out of the norm, people are bound to be curious. Needless to say, it's sparked an interesting debate about what people expect from their coaches, from competitions, and how people feel about exhibitions. Consider it an honor- you're nothing until you're talked about ;)
hahah well thank you

Lets think of it this way, you can never please 100% of the cheer population. There is always someone out there that thinks they know better. Say for example.. we were watching the same UA video posted before.. but they didnt mark anything and went full out and it was tragic. There would be people on here talking crap because they looked tragic and wow they did awful..Wether they mark it and stay clean or go full out and be sloppy.. people are still going to post negative. No matter what you do no matter how many times you say you wanted to play it safe to avoid injury.. people are always going to hate. UA knows the truth and thats all that matters.

All I can say about this thread is...
hatersgonnahate.gif

You keep doin' yo thang, UA.

AMEN SISTA!!!! :)

Lets think of it this way, you can never please 100% of the cheer population. There is always someone out there that thinks they know better. Say for example.. we were watching the same UA video posted before.. but they didnt mark anything and went full out and it was tragic. There would be people on here talking crap because they looked tragic and wow they did awful..Wether they mark it and stay clean or go full out and be sloppy.. people are still going to post negative. No matter what you do no matter how many times you say you wanted to play it safe to avoid injury.. people are always going to hate. UA knows the truth and thats all that matters.

Thank you!!

Ok here's my two cents on marking at competition. Idc who or what teams may have done this so I'm not commenting on anyone, just giving my perspective on the topic.

If we attend a competition, small or large, we will go full out unless we had an injury during warm ups and were unable to rework. Even then we would go full out as much as possible.

In the 2 weeks before comps we always pump up the kids to compete no matter what is at stake. When our teams take the floor, they are representing our gym BUT even more importantly, they are representing themselves and showing off what they have been working on. It's an opportunity that should never be wasted. Every competition is the chance to improve your onstage performance. We could never hope to recreate the competition environment at the gym so even if it was a "throwaway" competition, the chance to practice onstage in a comp setting is worth the money you have spent. I wouldn't tell my kids it was a practice competition either bc I tell them often that anything you do in public will leave a lasting impression so we ALWAYS do our best. Taking the easy way can be very habit forming.

I wouldn't add a throwaway competition to our schedule in the first place though. I also always look very carefully at the dates and check them against holidays and school breaks. Maybe we are more blessed with a lot of good local competitions to pick and choose from.

If we don't mark it at the gym, we definitely aren't marking it at competition.

I know at my old gym we went to a little competition right before nationals and after a break and even replacing girls and our coach looked at us before we went on and said I dont care what happens on that floor whether we hit or fall, this is our fun run to get whatever needs fixed done and ready before nationals. She also made it clear not to get hurt. But we probably had the most fun and did awesome. So it was wayyy more fun to try our hardest then back out and waste money. So any gym marking a routine isn't a bad thing but boron to watch.

why is this thread still on here? WHO CARES IF THEY MARKED SOME PARTS OF THEIR ROUTINE, EITHER WAY IT STILL LOOKED GREAT AND LOUIS WORKED IT IN THAT DANCE WITH OR WITHOUT SHOES! people must really hate their lives if they’re going to sit on this thread and keep picking out little things that they hate about UA. you go get a paid bid in december, and then we’ll talk.

Back