All-Star Jambrand's Major Prize.....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I loved the idea of the Majors (still do actually). I hate the fact that the free European trip is no longer quite so free. If it had been out in the open from the beginning, maybe some of the teams in attendance wouldn't have gone. I feel for both teams as it would be an incredible experience.

However, from a spectator's point of view, I did love the Majors and hope they find a way to keep it going. It was like the first year of Worlds...select teams invited, exciting competition.

Let's not forget this affects Cheer Athletics Panther's too. Both teams were "hosting" the clinic. (As per Bluecat who confirmed that in the Cheer Athletics Rumor's threads) The point of this thread isn't to say Oh Poor Coed Elite, but just to make people aware of the promises that weren't kept!

Sorry, I did know both teams were supposed to be hosting the clinic and I hope I didn't offend CA by not including them in this. I just haven't heard much from CA other than they are trying to find out whether they can come over! I don't think anyone is feeling sorry for the teams but feel like they want to help because to have them come over helps everyone and I think many people over here feel let down by Jamfest too after all of the initial promises.

I think the Jambrands should have either said their really intentions in the first place (yeah not likely as that would mean less money for them..) or actually follow through with what they had promised to the athletes/ made it sound like the athletes were getting a free trip. I'm sure they make more than enough more from their events in America to fund more of the trip/all of the trip without it making a massive dent in there pocket. Also, the fact that they're using the American teams as a way to persuade European teams to attend Jamfest Europe is just.. well appalling is the only word I can think of, since one team is most likely not coming and some members of the other team can't afford to come because of the Jambrands greed, like I know quite a few people that are going as a spectator just to watch the Americans team and they wouldn't have gone otherwise, which is more money for Jamfest by usuing the American athletes. Also as lucyemma said they could have increased the price of the clinic fees as I know I would be willing to pay more money (and would have found the money from anywhere) just to attend this once in a lifetime opportunity! And to expect the athletes to just host the clinic for nothing is just a bit rude, I'm sure the athletes wouldn't mind to do it for nothing as they all seem like lovely kids, but to not ask them first is a bit off, especially since they aren't getting what was originally offered.

Anyway I look forward to meeting any of the athletes that can come over in June, and hopefully the Jambrands will do the right thing and fully fund their trip! :)

There isn't many opportunities for European teams to see Major Athletes .American teams coming over would of helped the UK cheerleading industry to flourish and develop more. I thought the clinic on the Saturday would of been so that the American teams would get money for the trip by helping. I know a few people who have entered just purely to see the two major teams. I hope something pulls together because CA and CEA athletes will be dissapointed as well as families and also many athletes from Europe coming to Liverpool to see top teams. Jamfest advertising that top teams will come to the Europe will make them alot of money i hope this isn't a scam. Anyone can enter Jamfest Europe like my team could enter a competition in the US . The fact it would be paid for was apart of Majors. Hopefully JamBrands will sort something out so that everyone is happy because they do host very good Competitions :)

Jamfest charge more for competition entry fees at Jamfest Europe than any of the UK comp providers by quite a bit. They advertised seeing the American teams perform and do a clinic as part of the weekend. When they then released details of a £15 fee to attend the clinic I was shocked - some of the above posters have considered that they could have charged more but the idea of charging at all came right out of the blue!

If I was on CA or CEA I would be reluctant to take part in another Majors and there night even be trading standards legal issues involved? If they charged entry fees based on winning a fully paid trip and then rescinded the offer, surely that's grouds for entry fee refunds at the very least (unless entry was free? But still the travel etc costs were huge for these teams...).

If Jambrands tried to offer a UK team a similar trip to the US, it would be even harder for the team to make it happen. US teams are used to travelling and fundraisiv huge amounts Shea read we in the UK are definitely not. So I dont have much faith in the Jambrands promises.

I'm sure that Jody and Courtney can more than speak for themselves, but honestly I'm so disappointed in Jambrands. Jody and Courtney were so complimentary of the Majors (as was every other coach/participant). I'm annoyed that they went out of their way to do such a great job at hosting the event an such a poor follow up job. NO, these stipulations were not mentioned previously, it's shady and I hope people stand up, speak up and spread the word. It's a flat out lie and as much as I am for spreading cheer all over the world, it's not free and these kids got their hopes up for nothing. How about these kids paying to COME to the Majors? That wasnt free! In the end Jamfest wins, they got the money from the majors, they are getting money from teams in Europe by telling them 1/1003736th truths so money talks and wins again. I don't choose my gyms comp schedule, but I won't be pushing for events where I feel a kid has eer been wronged, EVER!

So they can afford to send there cameras crews out to each gym competing in the Majors, but won't pay for a trip that they advertised? Classy, Jambrands.

I'm thinking sending their crews domestically is significantly less expensive than sending 75 people internationally.

I'm thinking sending their crews domestically is significantly less expensive than sending 75 people internationally.
I know, but it's just kind of a slap in the face to send a crew all over the country, and then not give the promised money to the teams. It's less money..but it's still a lot.

Now when people think back to when the new USASF rules came out and everyone was all "well just go to Jamfest Majors" and I said laughed and said after they took back their promise they will understand why I said it.

I loved the idea of the Majors, it was great to watch and it was great for those teams to be part of it when other teams weren't. Had they would have said that the trip wasn't 100% cover and instead maybe like 33% covered then I guarantee teams wouldn't have gone, Jody already said that Cheer Athletics probably wouldn't have. These teams could have competed at the actual Jamfest competition to earn a bid or saved the money from going to Indy and went somewhere else. Heck F5 or Panthers could have gone to Cheersport instead and went for a bid.

Just want to make it clear that I am not speaking for Courtney. I am not speaking for CEA. I'm speaking as a parent who's child won a trip that she can't take with her team. She's disappointed and we are disappointed for her. 14 kids have travel itinerary's at this point in time from the team. Those kids are definitely going. We aren't the only family who's child can't go.

For someone that posted earlier there was no competition fee to perform at the Major's. They made their money off ticket sales. Does anyone remember the amount of tickets sold and how much they were?

Just want to make it clear that I am not speaking for Courtney. I am not speaking for CEA. I'm speaking as a parent who's child won a trip that she can't take with her team. She's disappointed and we are disappointed for her. 14 kids have travel itinerary's at this point in time from the team. Those kids are definitely going. We aren't the only family who's child can't go.

For someone that posted earlier there was no competition fee to perform at the Major's. They made their money off ticket sales. Does anyone remember the amount of tickets sold and how much they were?
Tickets were $10 and I wanna say 5K + opened ticket sales. I'm not 100% on the spectator numbers. Regardless don't lead people to believe one thing when the actual truth is another, smh :(. I'm happy for the European athletes and spectators that will get to meet and watch those that go, and I truly hope those that go have a wonderful experience, but I'm not a fan of Jamfest getting a positive from what they should get a negative.

Wow ticket sales probably covered their expenses. Who is their accountant??? Smh

Back