All-Star Jamfest And Usasf Split?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Talking to someone earlier today on this. The USASF needs to not only be a governing body, but a logistics company. Handle and organize all the logistics of cheerleading, make it easy, and free to the EP's and Gyms and everyone would want to stay with the USASF. But what do I know?

How do you make it free to EPs and Gyms? Charge the athletes?

How do you make it free to EPs and Gyms? Charge the athletes?

Yes. Athlete registration. Each athlete pays a small amount (that adds up to a big amount) to help organize this thing that we do. Gyms and EPs dont pay anything but use the logistics service of the USASF (meaning they get organization, rules, a governing body for free and is a much more attractive choice to stay than to leave and take on the cost of management on their own).

You are absolutely correct and when you watch that video on youtube or when it aired on Showtime it just confirmed everything that most people in cheer were thinking.

30nk5yd.jpg

Varsity owns the USASF.....and a lot more according to this!! Did my homework!

I don't think not offering Worlds bids would have that much of an impact. This year Super Nationals had 422 team. 87 of them were Level 5 and 1 was Level 6. Taking those out, the 334 remaining teams are still the largest event this season and probably would be the 3rd largest regular season event of the year behind Cheersport and NCA, or possible 4th also falling behind Spirit Sports Battle at the Beach. In additional Worlds bids are only offered at 1 of their 80+ events.
Agreed and Cosigned!

How many teams that went to Super Nationals this year do you think would not go next year because they stopped offering bids to Worlds? Would losing that number of team and not spending the money on the paid bids be a financial gain or loss for JAMfest?
Lets say 40 total teams did not attend if they did not offer worlds bids. I think that is a very conservative number, but, anyway:
40 teams @ 20 avg participants = 800 participants
800 * $150 registration fee = $120,000
4 full paid bids = between 80-100k (depending on the number of small and large teams earning bids. i think Jammy guarantees a small bid or two)
So, a minimum loss of anywhere between 20 and 40k

Now, if say 80 teams did not attend, which is not really hard to comprehend at all. 40 teams from a worlds division plus one other team from that program, they are starting to lose quite a chunk o' change.

Also, don't forget that a lot of the cheer world will base their schedule on who will be at a certain event. So, if Jammy doesn't offer paid bids, does Top Gun still feel the need to leave sunny Florida for the frozen tundra of Indy. What about all of the programs that go to Jammy bc of programs like TG, WC, CEA, and MD Twisters?

Also, don't forget that a lot of the cheer world will base their schedule on who will be at a certain event. So, if Jammy doesn't offer paid bids, does Top Gun still feel the need to leave sunny Florida for the frozen tundra of Indy. What about all of the programs that go to Jammy bc of programs like TG, WC, CEA, and MD Twisters?

I'm betting there are more programs that go to events to AVOID those teams. Believe me, we've experienced that at ACE.

I'm betting there are more programs that go to events to AVOID those teams. Believe me, we've experienced that at ACE.
Locally yes, Nationally not so much. Big programs will draw teams because it lends credibility to the competition.

As far is ACE is concerned, yes, I'm sure B'ham Elite probably doesn't go to the same local events you go to because you are in direct competition for customers. I don't think that Pittsburgh Elite would opt out of Jamfest in Indianapolis because ACE is there.

Even if they do not give out worlds bids, will gyms not continue to send their lower level teams to Jamfest because a win at Jamfest seems more prestegious then other nationals out there? Or you see teams now traveling to competitions that do not give out bids or they already have bids and are still traveling to them, so will they not continue to travel to a big national like Jamfest even without the bids? Top Gun Semi Limited already had a bid and still traveled to Jamfest even though their IOC5 team could not receive a paid bid.

I don't even have a level 5 team, but I wouldn't leave our 5 hour radius to go to a competition that didn't offer bids. At bid giving competitions I know there will be some amazing teams to watch, plus my teams will have the opportunity to compete against well known gyms.

I think Indy would lose the majority of people outside of a 5 to 6 hour drive. Its not like its Myrtle Beach or Orlando where you can also make a little mini Vacation out of your trip there.

Even if they do not give out worlds bids, will gyms not continue to send their lower level teams to Jamfest because a win at Jamfest seems more prestegious then other nationals out there? Or you see teams now traveling to competitions that do not give out bids or they already have bids and are still traveling to them, so will they not continue to travel to a big national like Jamfest even without the bids? Top Gun Semi Limited already had a bid and still traveled to Jamfest even though their IOC5 team could not receive a paid bid.
The attraction of bids brings high level teams searching for a paid bid as well as high level teams searching for competition. If there are not bids, the level of competition will be decreased.

Jamfest's problem should they decide to leave the USASF is going to be finding something to attract the big teams like Worlds. 5-7 years ago, that may not have been a problem, today it will be because Worlds has been established as "THE Competition" for level 5 teams.

my guess is their schedule was already set, plus you generally have paid for the competition entry fees 1 to 3 months in advance. I would think a different worlds bid competition would take its place on the schedule.

Jamfest "Super" Nationals would kind of lose the Super and just be a regular jamfest nationals, but probably still the most popular jamfest nationals

The attraction of bids brings high level teams searching for a paid bid as well as high level teams searching for competition. If there are not bids, the level of competition will be decreased.

Jamfest's problem should they decide to leave the USASF is going to be finding something to attract the big teams like Worlds. 5-7 years ago, that may not have been a problem, today it will be because Worlds has been established as "THE Competition" for level 5 teams.

Major Prize Money? Level 1-4 Champs get $2500. High Score gets $15,000, 2nd Highest gets $7,500 and 3rd Highest gets $2,500. Program Awards 5+ teams get $5000 and 3 to 4 teams gets $5000.

That should attract a lot of teams and still cheaper than giving out Worlds Bids

I think that athletics in chattanooga would grow a TON more if jamfest didnt offer bids. That comp is already huge and people were saying a ton of great things about it.

Latest posts

Back