All-Star Jamfest And Usasf Split?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I thought USA Cheer was the governing body for "all things cheer" (including allstar)...are they one in the same?

A lot of great observations in this thread, but I'll quote this question.

Here is the link to the board of directors for USA Cheer:
http://usacheer.net/Content.aspx/AboutUs/USA Cheer Board of Directors

Keep in mind they say on their website they are the governing body for sport cheer, but the question is "who is their membership"

The facts are that there is no governing body for college cheer. There is no governing body for HS cheer. There is no governing body for competitive Rec cheer. The last two scare me because they represent the majority of safety accidents in cheearing today due to lack of regulation, certification, and enforcement of safety rules.

USASF is the farthest along, but it still does not have a majority of membership from the athletes and coaches, I can only hope that with mandatory membership next year it will become more of a true governing body, but that also won't happen until it's board becomes a board 100% truly elected by it's membership rather than garantueed to certain businesses by it's bylaws.

Until this sport is actually governed by it's own athletes and members it won't be recognized as anything more than a bunch of camps and competitions put on to make money by businesses.

Yes. Athlete registration. Each athlete pays a small amount (that adds up to a big amount) to help organize this thing that we do. Gyms and EPs dont pay anything but use the logistics service of the USASF (meaning they get organization, rules, a governing body for free and is a much more attractive choice to stay than to leave and take on the cost of management on their own).

Would that be similar to the required USASF 25 dollar membership fee that worlds athletes must pay each year in order to compete at worlds?

If I understand how the "voice" works, I pay my $15 dollars and we all vote for a change whatever that may be, the USASF still reserves the right to do what they want regardless of how the vote turns out. Am I wrong?

If I understand how the "voice" works, I pay my $15 dollars and we all vote for a change whatever that may be, the USASF still reserves the right to do what they want regardless of how the vote turns out. Am I wrong?
Yup. Also basically the same way the President gets chosen... minus the fee.

I don't think not offering Worlds bids would have that much of an impact. This year Super Nationals had 422 team. 87 of them were Level 5 and 1 was Level 6. Taking those out, the 334 remaining teams are still the largest event this season and probably would be the 3rd largest regular season event of the year behind Cheersport and NCA, or possible 4th also falling behind Spirit Sports Battle at the Beach. In additional Worlds bids are only offered at 1 of their 80+ events.

It looks like they are investors in the company. That does not necessarily mean they own it and I am pretty sure Varsity is not publicly traded.

@Mclovin - unless I am wrong, I think it means they gave Varsity money

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know what that means...
It looks like they are investors in the company. That does not necessarily mean they own it and I am pretty sure Varsity is not publicly traded.

@Mclovin - unless I am wrong, I think it means they gave Varsity money

Ill google a bit more when I get time, but it looks like the have controlling stake in Varsity since 2003?

http://www.leonardgreen.com/news/042203-varsity-n.pdf

Ill google a bit more when I get time, but it looks like the have controlling stake in Varsity since 2003?

http://www.leonardgreen.com/news/042203-varsity-n.pdf

I think they were public and Webb and a group of investors bought it all back. From memory. Pretty standard set up for capital and owning a company. Again, unlike everyone here, their financial future is tied to the success of this company. They are at risk, we just complain.

I think they were public and Webb and a group of investors bought it all back. From memory. Pretty standard set up for capital and owning a company. Again, unlike everyone here, their financial future is tied to the success of this company. They are at risk, we just complain.

I think you are implying we said its a bad thing. I just didn't know who or what is running what.

Latest posts

Back