All-Star Janky Comps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Had one a few years ago that was awful. Was so bad the next year so few teams signed up they had to cancel the event.
  • No stage lighting
  • Venue charged per seat set out so EP understated by half the number of kids (not even accounting for families that may go) attending to save $.
  • Because not enough seating set up people set up camp in the VIP section and refused to move.
  • 1 small food table was set up and they only had snack food for a whole day event. People ended up having pizza delivered from a local shop
  • Poor sound system that would stop in the middle of a routine
  • No medical staff or even basic first aid station was on hand and were numerous injuries during warmups.
  • If I recall correct the comp was over 2 hours behind schedule by awards. Heck, it even started late.

One of our local competitions cannot stay on-time, no matter what. I'm not talking about running a few minutes late for reasons out of their control. I'm talking about ending two to three hours late every year.

At some point you'd think you'd build that into schedule rather than posting times you know you're not going to meet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You've gotta throw us something!
It is a round arena that did not have enough seating. Hours behind schedule. Minimal food. Bathrooms that were never cleaned. One team took the best seats and stayed there all day. Judging was to be desired. Almost as bad as a Cheertech on a good day.

Not a janky competition as a whole, but yesterday at a comp I walked into the women's bathroom where there was literally blood everywhere. I mean you couldn't even walk in without stepping in it. I've never seen so much blood in my life. 2 girls were trying to re pierce one girls neck piercing. That was the jankiest (is that a word?) thing I have seen in my life. :confused:

Went to one in a hockey arena.

Warm ups were so bad that I'm not even sure I warmed anything up. They had one panel of spring floor that had nothing on the edges so if you even slightly tumbled crooked you were off the floor. I did not warm up one tumbling pass because that one panel scared me, it was a good 1-2 feet off the ground. Then you had a regular sized dead floor. We warmed up some stunts..I don't think we were able to go through the routine to music due to the competition floor being literally a curtain away.

Then we get on the competition spring floor which consisted of brand new mats that had never been vacuumed. I have a video and the mats were so slick that everyone was busting tumbling due to feet sliding around on the mat. Picture 8 fulls crossing the mat together and only one lands. I slipped taking the two steps back into my two to full and fell straight on my butt. Didn't even fall tumbling, I fell on the steps. That was the worst competition ever.

Went to a comp in the same exact venue a week later put on by cheersport and it was wonderful. Not near as bad because the warm ups were actually warm ups and the mats were performance ready.

I went to one that was at a hockey arena and it is terrible. The bathrooms were overflooded:oops:. There was also a hole in the mat you tumble on in the practice arena and a girl on my team landed a front punch in it and dislocated her shoulder. They were out of water the first day and the second day they were out of cups:(
Oh my goodness!!! :eek:

Had one a few years ago that was awful. Was so bad the next year so few teams signed up they had to cancel the event.
  • No stage lighting
  • Venue charged per seat set out so EP understated by half the number of kids (not even accounting for families that may go) attending to save $.
  • Because not enough seating set up people set up camp in the VIP section and refused to move.
  • 1 small food table was set up and they only had snack food for a whole day event. People ended up having pizza delivered from a local shop
  • Poor sound system that would stop in the middle of a routine
  • No medical staff or even basic first aid station was on hand and were numerous injuries during warmups.
  • If I recall correct the comp was over 2 hours behind schedule by awards. Heck, it even started late.
Ugh.

Not a janky competition as a whole, but yesterday at a comp I walked into the women's bathroom where there was literally blood everywhere. I mean you couldn't even walk in without stepping in it. I've never seen so much blood in my life. 2 girls were trying to re pierce one girls neck piercing. That was the jankiest (is that a word?) thing I have seen in my life. :confused:
Eeewww!

My HS regionals comp is pretty janky... The warmup room is literally an empty room. Concrete floor. We go outside to warm up because what's the point of using the room? It's in a community college gym, and they don't even put up a curtain or anything behind you, it's just a floor in the middle of the gym. And while you're waiting to perform, you're in a staircase - I think we sat there for at least 30 minutes :confused:

My HS regionals comp is pretty janky... The warmup room is literally an empty room. Concrete floor. We go outside to warm up because what's the point of using the room? It's in a community college gym, and they don't even put up a curtain or anything behind you, it's just a floor in the middle of the gym. And while you're waiting to perform, you're in a staircase - I think we sat there for at least 30 minutes :confused:
:cow: Wow.

We went as a rec team to a competition put on by a allstar gym and there were literally 6 teams there. Not 6 gyms, 6 overall teams. I don't even remember warming up. I don't even think there was warmups. It lasted ALL DAY. We got there at 9 am, and we left at 7. The judges weren't certified judges. The whole time was the gym trying to get people to join next season, and they tried to get you to buy stuff and it was horrible.

Back