All-Star January 2018 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One thing that bugs me with SSX is that during their scorpion to opposite stretch tick tock, most of them don't maintain the scorpion position; they drop the position and then do the tick. That's been happening since showcase and I'm surprised it hasn't been corrected.

Doing those front tucks is some serious bravery.

...But every time this routine gets to jumps, I find myself wincing and crossing my fingers that they'll get through it safely. Which is not a good sign. It's so messy, someone always falls, and it's bound to cause injuries.

Unless every kid on that team can execute them consistently, they should take them out.

Can't even tell what the opening basket is cause it goes so high :jawdrop: some of the kick doubles during the main basket section look a little wild and I can't tell if it's on purpose or not lol. Either way, I like the changes they made!

ETA: I messed up quoting the video somehow haha, but I was talking about cheetahs

Can't even tell what the opening basket is cause it goes so high :jawdrop: some of the kick doubles during the main basket section look a little wild and I can't tell if it's on purpose or not lol. Either way, I like the changes they made!

ETA: I messed up quoting the video somehow haha, but I was talking about cheetahs

I rewatched the basket section a few times...they twist so darn fast lol but the 1st and last basket does a ball then twist after the kick

I'm happy Panthers made some adjustments to their standing tumbling formations, I like the changes.

Wow, well I 100% disagree.

Maybe they do a lot of motions, but the choreography is nothing compared with the amount of dance elements in WCSS routines every year. And I don't know how you can look at this routine and not see skills.

Besides, if they just did a clean walk to and from skills, what's exciting and original about that?

Amen! I think what's going unnoticed is the number of skills and elements being packed into the routine. It's not just great tumbling, but a great deal of stunting difficulty, good jumps, and team tumbling. Some teams in SSr, are heavy in one area. Ie: they tumble 1000x, do a stunt, come down, tumble some more, jump, simple pyramid, done. It's clean, but not particularly difficult or pretty. The tumbling showcases a couple of tumblers abilities as far as difficulty, but the rest is standard.
IMO, this is allstar cheerleading, not gymnastics or HS cheer; it's supposed to be pretty and extra! All of the elements should be difficult, but also fun! All of the coed teams, except maybe Ace, are choreography heavy and are applauded for it. SE is usually criticized for their lack of choreography. I think it's a matter of taste.
Eta: As a backspot, if I knew my flyer had a tendency to butt out, I put my hand where it needed to be to make sure that she didn't come down. This happens in all stunt groups, especially if the stunts are difficult. Some groups are perfect, others have challenges. Unless you're on the mat, or it's a big bobble, it's hard to know who struggles when, or if at all. The teams job is to make it all look as perfect as possible.

Wow, well I 100% disagree.

Maybe they do a lot of motions, but the choreography is nothing compared with the amount of dance elements in WCSS routines every year. And I don't know how you can look at this routine and not see skills.

Besides, if they just did a clean walk to and from skills, what's exciting and original about that?
You can do a lot of motions and choreo and still be clean though. I like SSX this year and they have a good routine, but he does make a point that they look sloppy. Since you brought up WCSS, I think they can be kind of hit or miss with their choreo (still my faves tho)... I thought their Gaga routine had a little too much and it was distracting/looked messy, but the Dancing with the Stars routine had the right amount and looked pretty clean IMO.

Back