All-Star Japan Cup...amazing!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Once team start executing the skills they are currently allowed to do better (safer) the rules will start to allow more skills.

It would be naive to expect execution to go up because more skills are allowed.

I think with more freedom of skills it would be easier to find skills to excecute that would earn points. I have always believed that USASF should allow for some form of true release move before level 6. Its an irrational skill progression to go from none at level 5 to rewinds to the top at level 6.
I think these videos show perfectly how behind the US has become, especially in pyramids. There should be a progression of pyramids.
There are various forms of multi level pyramids and in my humble opinion there should be some form of multi level pyramid introduced at earlier levels.
Our levels focus on progressions, but there is no progressionary step for these two skills. I've always thought that it was a major flaw.
Am I making any sense? Someone stop me if Im not lol Im not very eloquent :oops:

Bangkokgate hahaha. All I have to say is holy synchronization! I miss seeing that in USA all stars.

I think with more freedom of skills it would be easier to find skills to excecute that would earn points. I have always believed that USASF should allow for some form of true release move before level 6. Its an irrational skill progression to go from none at level 5 to rewinds to the top at level 6.
I think these videos show perfectly how behind the US has become, especially in pyramids. There should be a progression of pyramids.
There are various forms of multi level pyramids and in my humble opinion there should be some form of multi level pyramid introduced at earlier levels.
Our levels focus on progressions, but there is no progressionary step for these two skills. I've always thought that it was a major flaw.
Am I making any sense? Someone stop me if Im not lol Im not very eloquent :oops:

What is your definition of a true release move? I ask because using my definition they are allowed before L6. Coed style toss stunts are allowed as early as L3

I think there are plenty of options of skills a team of any level can perform, but they are choosing the harder ones and having trouble executing them cleanly. I don't think allowing more dangerous skills is going to push people teams towards selecting safer skills.

Do you mind letting know which multi level pyramids you think should be allowed at earlier levels?

There doesn't need to be a level for every progression. It's the coach's responsibility to teach step 1 before step 2, and step 2 before step 3 regardless of how big of a gap there is in what's allowed between levels and regardless of if there any levels at all. Progressions are a teaching method. Levels are not.

Back