All-Star Jewish Holidays And Missing Practice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I went to Catholic school from 2-12th grade. We had wine at our First Communion but that was it, never had it at our school masses. Same thing with my high school, except enough kids complained about it to the Spiritual Life Director that they started having wine during our school masses my senior year.

agreed. the church we went to at the time was HUGE.. like all the kids making communion had to be broken into two sessions, each with about 100. so maybe it was just volume of people?

idk, i thought it was odd, too, because we had a rehearsal the night before where we practiced with bread and fruit punch or some other red chemical drink... so they prepared us for it. but it never happened. i even double checked my video (yes i still have it, i was selected to read during the ceremony :p lol)

That actually could be it. I did a liturgical dance at mine, which makes me cringe just thinking about it. (I go to a much more "old school" parish now) #no

Are you Catholic? That's really odd there was no wine...

I'm Catholic. We didn't get wine at our first communion. I don't think so anyway, I don't remember. I think I've only drank the wine once in my life (it's usually there, a lot of people just don't drink it).

Our church just started having wine again for the masses in English. They had stopped for some reason. The Spanish mass never stopped though. Odd.

My twins had their Confirmation last Friday night. I was surprised it wasn't a full mass.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Guess what I "got" for mine?

"Eternal life/salvation" :p

We're baptized and have no formal "communion" so to speak. I believe Bapstists partake of the Lord's Supper (not as a sacrament, rather an "ordinance") once a quarter ( most commonly anyway).

Yes believe it or not I actually know a lot about the religion I denounced, lol...

Back