All-Star Just Read The Link Given For Icc/ice....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It says in the court documents that some of the abuse occurred in the bathroom and athletes room. Where were the other parents, athletes, and coaches during this? That is what puzzles me the most

After the garbage that came out of PSU this week, I wanted to bring this thread back up.

"To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice." - Confucious

If you know or have good reason to believe a child is being abused, please go to the POLICE.

I don't want to ruin peoples lives with false accusations, but I also don't want to think that I could have done something to protect a child and didn't.

After the garbage that came out of PSU this week, I wanted to bring this thread back up.

If you know or have good reason to believe a child is being abused, please go to the POLICE.

I don't want to ruin peoples lives with false accusations, but I also don't want to think that I could have done something to protect a child and didn't.

love this quote!!!

The link provided to the pdf file does not work for me, but here are two other links. Googling his name brings up all kinds of articles on this guy.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/20100310-coach-sex-student

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/naperville-cheerleader-87830977.html

This was the first coach/owner that did this but from my understanding it happened again with the other guy who owned the gym with the guy above and that is why the gym went under and everything turned into ICE.

Very well said!!!!!

When the PSU stuff came up, I came to the boards to look for this thread to say something similar. Thanks for bringing it back up. You are so right.

it kills me to bring this thread up AGAIN, but last night I started hearing talk of a small, local gym near home that caught a minor athlete sleeping with a coach (and later, she was supposedly caught with a teacher in her high school too). :(

that program has had a lot of problems, and it amazes me to see that it's still open and actively getting more kids. but from what i hear (and this is coming from the co-owner who left and is now with a different program, but legally still co-owner) the owner still there just has a way of getting out of things.

I had a situation with sexual abuse at my first gym. The assistant coach admitted to sleeping with a sixteen year old girl on our senior five team.

My dad arrested him at the gym... Oops :)

ETA: I can't find a link anywhere. It happened quite a long time ago.

I am just putting in my 2 cents, and I am in no way saying that making false accusations is ever okay, and I am not trying to offend ANYONE, nor am I trying to come across in a negative way, but it's always, always, ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry.
I think that truly can apply to these kinds of situations. If a minor ever says that their coach (or any other adult for that matter) "touched them", regardless of if the child is a "problematic" child (i.e., doesn't ever listen during practice, whines a lot, gets into trouble a lot, etc.) or if they are a younger age child, etc., it should 150% be taken seriously, and at least be looked into for the safety of the child and for other children, ESPECIALLY if it is in a workplace or facility with staff that works with children.

Just my opinion. Thank you for allowing my 2 cents. :)

Back