All-Star Kids Say The Darndest Things

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So we were having try outs probably 5 or 6 years ago, and the way CEA did it at my location was completely public, family open for all to cheer each other on, and youngest to oldest. So we all got to watch the minis tryout which was always the highlight of the day. There was this one little girl, around age 5. When CSP asked her to show her toe touch, she didn't jump in the air..she bent over, touched her toes, and ran away. Never gonna forget it, most precious thing ever.
And I'm pretty sure said girl throws a full on youth elite now..she's come a long way!!

I coach a high school team and my point flyer has been going through a major tumbling block and nothing was helping her....one day we called an unexpected practice so she had to bring her 4 year old sister with. When it came time to warm up tumbling and she wasn't throwing it, her baby sister had some words of advice and I can't believe I actually got it on video! I almost died!

When we are at awards at any competition if any of our teams aren't called last through 4th we always say "top 3!" The kids are used to this and yesterday our sr 4 had a horrible day. We knew we would be last and there were only 3 in the division that day.

They got 3rd (last) and one of my minis said "at least they were top 3!"

Yep, that's right kiddo, they were in the top 3 ;)

Our first competition of the season I'm sitting with our minis after they performed, a Senior 5 team is competing and some of them looked at me and said "We aren't going to win, they're really good." Poor things didn't understand they weren't against EVERYONE who competed that day.

My gym owners run a competition company for local high schools, our teams exhibition at them for practice. At one a mini comes straight off the floor and says "Can I go home now?" I proceeded to ask her if her sister who's on our youth team had gone yet. She said no and when I explained she had to wait she told me "but my dolls and my cat are at home and they miss me."

I have one mini that I coach during open gym that can be a little difficult and decide she's not doing anything. Our head coach told her she could work on her front walkover, series back walkovers, or get spotted on her back handspring. I had heard the options and when she came over to me I asked which one she chose, she looks at me and says "I choose cartwheels," and cartwheels away...

This isn't funny but it's by far one of my favorite experiences I've had with kids. I was teaching a preschool tumbling class and I always claim to be a princess, so jokingly one day I asked a little girl if she knew I was a princess and the convo went like this..
Me: Did you know I'm a princess?!
Little Girl: Yes! And I know which one you are!
Me: *surprised* Oh really? Which one?
Little Girl: You're Belle from beauty and the beast!
Me: Why am I Belle?
Little Girl: Because Belle is my favorite princess, and you're my favorite.

It pretty much made my entire life. :)

A long time ago we went to an America's Best comp, they gave us goody bags that came with a ton of stuff ( not always age appropriate for littles) . Well one of my girls who was 7 at the time walks up to me and says with tears in her eyes....' My arms kinda burn, I put the lotion from the goody bag on and it burns really bad' I look into the bag and yep, its Nair! lol, we rushed to the bathroom to wipe it off along with all of her arm hair, poor thing. She graduates this year with her last performance being at Worlds, I think I will gift her some Nair! lol.
Reading through this thread and while all the ones I've read so far are funny...I died laughing when I read yours. Honestly made my day I probably would have cried laughing if I was there when it happened. :p

Back