All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Guess who is officially a college cheerleader! Woot woot! Thanks for answering my silly questions and for any good vibes or positive words! So blessed to be able to continue doing what I love :)
18194961_1401720263221223_7948201345365162139_n.jpg

Yes, I showed her old videos. I've tried everything from bribery (a puppy!), ignoring the topic, private lessons, a meditation CD specifically about back tumbling blocks, to begging, to being angry, to just giving up. I've even taken her to a different gym to see if a change of scenery/coaching helped. She doesn't want to, she's terrified and there's nothing I can do.

As a coach, it's so frustrating and as a mom, it's dissapointing. It's not that she can't, she won't. (I blame her old tumbling instructor, he scared her one day and literally quit tumbling the following week)

This makes me so sad but I wen threw the same thing when I was 8 my private coach called my tumbling a piece of (bad word) and told me I would only hurt myself (needless to say momma wasn't happy and i left the gym immediately) I didnt tumble for a year after that I finally got my standing BHS but then took me 2 years to get my tuck back I had to go to three different gyms to finally be confident enough to tumble again it took coaches I knew cared and teammates that where encouraging and wanted to see me do well and I couldn't thank that gym and those coaches enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've kept my standing tuck consistanly solid!
And I finally did jumps to a bhs (lame i know) without even realizing it until a couple minutes after i did it! I was soo immensely proud of myself haha.
Also, several people have told me recently that my arms are really muscular. Countless hours at the gym with my dad have paid off!

I feel you I was terrified of jumps to BHS but my coach on a J3 team last season said it was that Or and S2 (no hate on them of course they were amazing and even the first team from the area to go to Summit!) and was almost in tears trying to throw it but eventually got it haha! congratulations to you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Summit or Worlds, but CPs team competed at The One this weekend against 12 other teams - the most they've gone against (including a team who was also competing at Summit).
We came just hoping to do well and not really expecting much. And they won!!! Such an awesome way to end the season :D

Not me but for a tumbling student of mine:

This girl had just a BWO last year.

She did not make her (private school) MS team. She had excellent gameday skills but no tumbling and it really held her back.

She took privates with me and also enrolled in a class at an all star gym.

She busted her butt all year. Tears. Lots of "I don't want to do this." But me and mom and her other class instructor kept pushing.

She now has a running BHS series and a working standing BHS.

The kicker: she just texted me and told me she made her middle school team.

I have done game day privates with the sweetest high school senior for a few months.

Her background is actually in gymnastics. She has been a gymnast since age 6.

She recently became interested in cheering for the community college she'll be attending this fall. They are not a competitive squad, but require you to have some basic tumbling (think level 3 - she has that easily) and a willingness to learn stunting (it is all girl and they are very intermediate, so think Level 3 or 4 or HS.)

She has done great with all that, but I'll be gosh darned if she hasn't had the hardest time with spiriting/game day cheers/fight songs. and dance.) Yes, really. She has some learning disabilities and dyslexia so that makes learning material a little harder.

Yesterday, she did the fight song that is part of her tryout perfectly.

Little things.

I have done game day privates with the sweetest high school senior for a few months.

Her background is actually in gymnastics. She has been a gymnast since age 6.

She recently became interested in cheering for the community college she'll be attending this fall. They are not a competitive squad, but require you to have some basic tumbling (think level 3 - she has that easily) and a willingness to learn stunting (it is all girl and they are very intermediate, so think Level 3 or 4 or HS.)

She has done great with all that, but I'll be gosh darned if she hasn't had the hardest time with spiriting/game day cheers/fight songs. and dance.) Yes, really. She has some learning disabilities and dyslexia so that makes learning material a little harder.

Yesterday, she did the fight song that is part of her tryout perfectly.

Little things.
In my opinion, NOTHING is little when it comes to progress. All steps are big :)

Back