All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I got my scorpion 3 weeks ago and my double twist cradle quarter turn came back last week after disappearing for 8 months due to a complete confidence knock to twisting so i wouldnt even throw a full. gone from nothing to double in 2 weeks!! So happy! And one of my good friends has gone from flying to basing and she has no fear and does so well! nearly got a needle.

So....my little French CP finally hits herr handspring full, not once but six times, and my co who recently discovered his whip, put together bhs, whip, bhs, bhs FULL and hit it....

.....and I didn't see any of it because I was working the Daggum soccer game.

I'm not really supposed to announce this until after practice tonight, but my gym is starting a new thing where they have a cheerleader of the month and guess who is the first one to receive this honor? Me :D I'm so thankful for everyone at my gym and how amazing they have been to me in my first year there! <3

I dont know why I never posted this haha. This past July I went to a UCA camp with my varsity high school team. My coach randomly picked my to try out for all American. I tried out barely knowing the material and I though I did horrible. To my surprise I made it! It's a small thing but I though it was cool :) and of course I can't go on the trip to London because of all star competition season :p

So I am super happy right now! I've done cheer for 6 years and I've never been an amazing tumbler. I got my Roundoff BHS Tuck one day a few months back and could never do it again after that; I have no clue why. Anyways, I switched gyms this season and today my new coach said to me "Imagine you could be on your favourite cheer team; imagine tumbling with them". I imagined that I was on Stingray Orange when I did my run up and all in one 2 hour tumbling practice I got my Roundoff BHS Tuck and started working layouts! Doesn't sound like much but I'm super proud!

I mainly used to base since I started cheer in March but I recently moved to a new team and just did prep-to-extension tick-tocks when I'd never even been to extension a couple of weeks ago! Not much compared to everyone getting triple spinny flippy jumpy things etc but I'm happy :p

I finally threw my standing bhs multiple times after having a terrible mental block for over 3 years. I also got my roundoff bhs good enough with a spot I just have to get over my fear and throw it. I'm so proud I finally threw it!

Even though I'm a senior at my school, I've been helping coach the competitive squad for the past few weeks. This is the first year for the school to compete (and only the fourth year even having cheerleaders), and last season we were lucky to have three stunt groups hitting an extended lib. Tonight, all four of our stunt groups were working on express ups (and SO CLOSE to hitting!) and three of the four groups got a front flip dismount.

Our one flyer has an extreme lack of confidence in her ability to fly--but when she gets in the zone and feels it, she is gorgeous in the air. She was the second to get the flip, and to be honest, her's is the prettiest. I was so proud of her tonight I almost cried. She had more drive and determination than I've seen from her in the last year (when I was on the team with her) combined. She was hitting the express up (but having to press up), and even though she was scared sh*tless, she got up in the stunt, eyes welling up with tears because she was so scared, and did a BEAUTIFUL front flip out. I've been watching the video of her since I left school at 10:45 because I'm so impressed and proud of her right now.

I've also been on the phone with three people, make two facebook posts, and texted the team telling them how happy I am with the progress, drive, commitment and trust I've seen from them in the last two weeks.

From this (and this was over a year after he started cheer)....

From THIS..... | Facebook

we add about two years, 10 inches in height and 50 pounds of muscle and we get....

This.

Facebook

He threw it for the first time with a spot Wednesday. Threw it again by himself tonight after four hours of practice (where they didn't tumble at all) and in front of his sr coed 3 (on the right) and the SSC5 (on the left) that stopped practice to cheer him on. Special thanks to the greatest tumble coaches in the world....Josh in the teal shirt at the back right and Andy in the green shirt squatting (and probably praying he'd hit it) in the middle right. LOVE THEM TO PIECES! Josh literally had to start by teaching my CP a forward roll...and look at him now :) The one that hugged him was the only other boy at Aviator the first year the gym was in business. All he had was a backyard tuck. Now he's got doubles and this is his super senior year, but they were the original male aviators :)

Back