All-Star Lack Of Coaches At Usasf Southwest Regional Meeting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No offense, but not everyone is there. There are a lot of programs that don't have level 5 teams or don't have level 5s that are Worlds level teams. We like to be educated too, but my small gym probably isn't paying to send me to Florida for a conference anytime soon.
I understand your situation, no offense, but more people would attend if it was held at Worlds and that is the point.

Webcast would be a pretty good compromise, IMHO.

Regarding having after Worlds, not everyone is there for that. Also, the last thing many coaches want to do immediately after Worlds is go to meetings about cheerleading for a few more days.

Well, there may have been a lack of coaches from the southwest- but there were 15 young, up and coming coaches/gym owners at this conference.

They were picked for the USASF's Next Generation of Leadership- they stood and talked in front of the NAB about ideas they had.

It was really cool to see young coaches get included in something like that. And apparently a new group will be chosen next year!

Regarding having after Worlds, not everyone is there for that. Also, the last thing many coaches want to do immediately after Worlds is go to meetings about cheerleading for a few more days.

I think webcast is a great idea, or maybe a series of webcasts with a corresponding set of threads on message board for comments and questions?

Well, there may have been a lack of coaches from the southwest- but there were 15 young, up and coming coaches/gym owners at this conference.

They were picked for the USASF's Next Generation of Leadership- they stood and talked in front of the NAB about ideas they had.

It was really cool to see young coaches get included in something like that. And apparently a new group will be chosen next year!
Thanks for the positive reinforcement! A coach at our midwest gym represented one of those out of the 15 picked for leadership, and we are very proud!

I think to add to the webcast they could have a way that those who are watching the webcast can facebook or tweet their questions to be asked so that they too can make sure they understand what is what.

I think to add to the webcast they could have a way that those who are watching the webcast can facebook or tweet their questions to be asked so that they too can make sure they understand what is what.

They can't post it on Fierce Board? haha

But for real the webcast is a great idea @BlueCat
I have only been able to go to the ones in Atlanta because of convenience. If it weren't in Atlanta I would watch online.

I love the idea of webcasts because as a coach from the UK my gym are never going to pay to send me to a conference in the states but I am still interested in what happens and am a member of IASF from joining after I did my credentialing last year.

They can't post it on Fierce Board? haha

But for real the webcast is a great idea @BlueCat
I have only been able to go to the ones in Atlanta because of convenience. If it weren't in Atlanta I would watch online.

I think the Fierceboard would work if we have them ask questions in the coaches part of the board. Only reason I say that is to keep conversation out of where the questions will be. Then if others are watching they can make a thread in the all star section for discussion.

I think @BlueCat is on the right track. A webcast would be great. On the other hand as a coach you or your gym does pay to attend, so I cannot imagine that they would webcast all of this for free :)

The webcast fee could be less expensive than if you attend in person. There are perks to attending in person, and you pay more for those. If you can't make it due to travel expenses or time constraints, the less expensive webcast would be great!

Heck, even I watched the webcasts last year- you're getting an insider peek into what might be coming for the next years in cheerleading! A webcast would be excellent- easy to set up, make more money (off people paying for the webcast), and greater participation!

Back