All-Star Large Senior Updates 2010

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Congrats to Tsunami, congrats to F5, congrats to every other team NOT from Maryland.

For the Maryland teams in Large Senior 5, one of you was on top the first day, and the other was on top the second. (And the same goes for WCSS and CEA in different competitions throughout the season)

We all know that in most competitions throughout the cheer world, day 2 counts more than day 1 and that is just the way it goes!!!

Everyone surely knows this by the time you reach Level 5. Even teams who "lose" have highlights, better days than others, days they are better than others, competitions where they were "robbed", loads of amazing potential, and teams they just cannot stand. And we all know that now matter how much we want "facts" ....judging, refereeing, etc is still subjective, alas the mere definition of these different terms.

Whether anyone likes it or not, in sports, the "record" from the season and the ending outcome is still the bottom line. And we all knew this when we signed up (unless you were like 5 years old when you started and your parents got you into this haha), and we still know it now. The majority of the teams have had times where they felt like their team should have won. And guess what? Sometimes you do win....and sometimes you don't. What about the times where you didn't think you were going to win, or times where you don't think you deserve to win, yet you do win and then celebrate.

Every time someone wins, someone else is disappointed. A true winner is someone who can not only celebrate their own wins, but also those of others.

uwishuknew101 said:
Haha what's funny about it, was your comment is what started it! So maybe you should learn to properly state your thoughts and people wouldn't get upset! And another note it's not always about F5, maybe people should realize that! I have no bad blood, and have never said anything negative about F5 until today! I just made a comment on what you posted. It's getting really sad when people keep making comments and when the truth is brought to light it can't be handled! So maybe you should take your own advice and move on...
Actually u r wrong the quote I used pitted f5 against marlins so next time don't jump in the mix if u don't want to read all the comments instead of just jumping on what I said. There is nothing for me to move on from I have stated my point and u and the other negative fans have showed who keeps the rivalry going

worldsring09 said:
Congrats to Tsunami, congrats to F5, congrats to every other team NOT from Maryland.

For the Maryland teams in Large Senior 5, one of you was on top the first day, and the other was on top the second. (And the same goes for WCSS and CEA in different competitions throughout the season)

We all know that in most competitions throughout the cheer world, day 2 counts more than day 1 and that is just the way it goes!!!

Everyone surely knows this by the time you reach Level 5. Even teams who "lose" have highlights, better days than others, days they are better than others, competitions where they were "robbed", loads of amazing potential, and teams they just cannot stand. And we all know that now matter how much we want "facts" ....judging, refereeing, etc is still subjective, alas the mere definition of these different terms.

Whether anyone likes it or not, in sports, the "record" from the season and the ending outcome is still the bottom line. And we all knew this when we signed up (unless you were like 5 years old when you started and your parents got you into this haha), and we still know it now. The majority of the teams have had times where they felt like their team should have won. And guess what? Sometimes you do win....and sometimes you don't. What about the times where you didn't think you were going to win, or times where you don't think you deserve to win, yet you do win and then celebrate.

Every time someone wins, someone else is disappointed. A true winner is someone who can not only celebrate their own wins, but also those of others.
Very well said. All these athletes worked very hard to get there. Everybody should be proud of what they accomplished this weekend, world champion or not. Congrats to all :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I really hope someone(s) taped the exhibition performances. Can't wait to see SE and the new music.

Haha what's funny about it, was your comment is what started it! So maybe you should learn to properly state your thoughts and people wouldn't get upset! And another note it's not always about F5, maybe people should realize that! I have no bad blood, and have never said anything negative about F5 until today! I just made a comment on what you posted. It's getting really sad when people keep making comments and when the truth is brought to light it can't be handled! So maybe you should take your own advice and move on...

I dont really think it is necessary to say anything negative about f5!! Every cheerleader at that competition gives it their all out on that floor and then the rest is up to the judges and I dont think f5 would be on here writing negative comments about tsunami so I think we should stop bringing hatred between the teams, worlds is over and its a new season so everyone has next year to improve!! Congrats to all the top 5 teams!!

Did the scoresheet change for this year in Seniors - as it did in Jr. Division? It seems as though difficulty weighed more heavily than in previous years. In each division, when all things seemed equal, the more difficult routine would win. Just wondering?

Congrats to everyone on their placements. The level of cheer I have been watching on video is spectacular! All should be proud of their placements. It was a very, very difficult division! Before you know it, we'll be right back here disputing the winners of 2011. I am so grateful that there were no serious injuries in this division, as well!

You're so ideal...2010 was meant for the Ladies of TEAL!

Could be wrong but I believe it was more about execution this year as it was last year.

Difficulty points were 5-10, while execution points were 10-15.

World Cup was scored 7 and 8 in the dance, CEA i was told scored a 10. WC scored 7 and 8 in tumbling.. there is the difference in the score. The judges did not like what WC Brought to worlds this year. I would strongly disagree with the tumbling score. The Stars were one of the only teams to bring elite lvl 5 tumbling to worlds and hit. I do not know how they were scored so low, But I am not a judge..

3 golds and a Sliver in 4 years is nothing to take lightly. Very proud of my daughters, all 36 of them.

cea's dance scored higher than wc's??..that's crazy! yeah the judges def didnt like what stars brought to worlds. cea was awesome and their worlds routine has made me become a fan but those judges DEF had a favorite.

i cant wait to see what shooting stars and sr elite bring to the mat next year!

SS dance scored low because of the theme... Thats my opinion i never really liked that dance..

But tumbling sure it could have been higher but I watched those judges rewind over and over so it cant be wrong.

In SS some of the tumbling was messy and also some of the girls during finals didnt throw fulls... one ended in a backhandspring.

SS dance scored low because of the theme... Thats my opinion i never really liked that dance..

But tumbling sure it could have been higher but I watched those judges rewind over and over so it cant be wrong.

In SS some of the tumbling was messy and also some of the girls during finals didnt throw fulls... one ended in a backhandspring.

Not true by any means, except they did not throw fulls part, they throw doubles, There was ONE (1) tumbling omission, the back hand spring that you pointed out, and that was it. All passes hit clean. They had all the requirements and elements for elite level 5 tumbling and that is a part of the score sheet that should not have been subjective to the judges and based on the rules and guidelines should never have been scored that low. It is very cut and dry. You ether have it or your don't. They did not through tucks, layouts or just fulls. If messy is a requirement than it would not have bode well for many other teams but it is not. And once again stars tumbling is far from "messy". The dance is subjective however and is at the mercy of the judges and I will not comment on that score.

Once again I am not a judge and this is MY OPINION.

Back