All-Star Large Senior Updates 2010

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not true by any means, except they did not throw fulls part, they throw doubles, There was ONE (1) tumbling omission, the back hand spring that you pointed out, and that was it. All passes hit clean. They had all the requirements and elements for elite level 5 tumbling and that is a part of the score sheet that should not have been subjective to the judges and based on the rules and guidelines should never have been scored that low. It is very cut and dry. You ether have it or your don't. They did not through tucks, layouts or just fulls. If messy is a requirement than it would not have bode well for many other teams but it is not. And once again stars tumbling is far from "messy". The dance is subjective however and is at the mercy of the judges and I will not comment on that score.

Once again I am not a judge and this is MY OPINION.

i agree Stars dont tumble messy, they do have a lot of tumbling, but IMO CEA's standing tumbling was choreographed to make it look like there was way more where as Stars did it more traditional :) As far as dances are concerned; the Worlds judges didn't like most dances...obviously Stars being one, but they also didn't like GT Black's...that was there lowest score and thats why they didnt make it to finals. Its hard to know what style judges will like. But thats the risk everyone takes. Both Cali & TG Unlim.Coed hit perfect routines but TG as a whole performs better so they scored higher.

So...Congrats to every team, every person, every parent, every coach, without everyone pushing the envelope & score sheets every year cheer would be boring! lol

I watched from the side and in my opinion during there jump tucks some of the girls could have cleaned up those tucks (particulary 2 girls in the back) and i also noticed some of the girls had there knees really bent in their fulls/doubles. Im not trying to hate on SS but i can see where the judges are coming from.

edit: you said they did not throw tucks... that one girl did along with the one backhandspring.

I watched from the side and in my opinion during there jump tucks some of the girls could have cleaned up those tucks (particulary 2 girls in the back) and i also noticed some of the girls had there knees really bent in their fulls/doubles. Im not trying to hate on SS but i can see where the judges are coming from.

edit: you said they did not throw tucks... that one girl did along with the one backhandspring.

If you are going to go into the technique of tumbling, then we can go ahead and pick apart almost every team. There will always be teams that have bent legs during fulls,or land standing tucks bad and are overall not clean. If you are going to go and pick apart stars tumbling then you could pick apart any team in large seniors, because senior elite had legs that were bend during their fulls and their were people who weren't clean, as did F5. Honestly, yeah there may have been a girl who through a handspring or bhs tuck on ss but there was also someone on senior elite who did that as well so you can't really say anything about that. And as wcdad pointed out, technique did not play a role in tumbling, you were suppose to get scored on the skills that you throw. We could go ahead and pick a part every aspect of the routines from yesterday, but there is no use in it, worlds is over and we cannot change anything. In a competition as big as this, it is unfortunate that teams were judged unfairly, and were marked incorrectly for certain aspects of their routine. Especially when so many first and second places were decided by a .00 or 1 point difference. What is more unfortunate is that senior elite won with a routine that had major mistakes, because now people are automatically going to say that the it was politics or that the judges were biased. I personally was routing for stars, but I would have been happy if CEA won with their pre-lims routine (not saying that they did not deserve their gold, because their routine was amazing) but being that someone won a world championship title with a fall, there is always going to be nay-sayers.
Saying this, every single team who competed this weekend and got a bid at worlds should be proud of themselves, no matter the outcome. Every single one of them have worked so hard, even if this weekend didn't go their way, they're all champions because they made it this far. To even compete at worlds they are lucky, so many people dream of making it to worlds but never do.

SS dance scored low because of the theme... Thats my opinion i never really liked that dance..

I don't think it was the theme, but the content of the dance itself. it seems as if the "edgier" dances scored lower, like someone mentioned about GT black, and the sharp fast-paced dances that hit mostly motions were scoring better

Senior Elite won because they are amazing, and they deserved it all year. Don't take it away from them and say that the judges should have done this or that and that it's politcs because it's not. Anyone could have said that about SS winning worlds 3 years in a row. So it's over! Senior Elite had more difficulty then anyone, stunt fall or not! So Congrats CEA on your well deserved win.

CEA Sr Elite - 2010 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can say if for real now! LOVE YOU NOW AND FOREVER!!!!!!!!

Looks like the "big 4" is now the "big 2" with those score differences!

Congratulations to Tsunami for coming into to this division and blowing it up!

And yep, can't wait to see what happens next year!

If you are going to go into the technique of tumbling, then we can go ahead and pick apart almost every team. There will always be teams that have bent legs during fulls,or land standing tucks bad and are overall not clean. If you are going to go and pick apart stars tumbling then you could pick apart any team in large seniors, because senior elite had legs that were bend during their fulls and their were people who weren't clean, as did F5. Honestly, yeah there may have been a girl who through a handspring or bhs tuck on ss but there was also someone on senior elite who did that as well so you can't really say anything about that. And as wcdad pointed out, technique did not play a role in tumbling, you were suppose to get scored on the skills that you throw. We could go ahead and pick a part every aspect of the routines from yesterday, but there is no use in it, worlds is over and we cannot change anything. In a competition as big as this, it is unfortunate that teams were judged unfairly, and were marked incorrectly for certain aspects of their routine. Especially when so many first and second places were decided by a .00 or 1 point difference. What is more unfortunate is that senior elite won with a routine that had major mistakes, because now people are automatically going to say that the it was politics or that the judges were biased. I personally was routing for stars, but I would have been happy if CEA won with their pre-lims routine (not saying that they did not deserve their gold, because their routine was amazing) but being that someone won a world championship title with a fall, there is always going to be nay-sayers.
Saying this, every single team who competed this weekend and got a bid at worlds should be proud of themselves, no matter the outcome. Every single one of them have worked so hard, even if this weekend didn't go their way, they're all champions because they made it this far. To even compete at worlds they are lucky, so many people dream of making it to worlds but never do.

cea was obviously far enough ahead to win EVEN with a fall. its as simple as that. i dont think they would put judges that are going to be bias against one team to judge at worlds. it is not unfortunate that they won, i think it just proves that they were in a league of their own.

it was obvious that the judges were favoring cea. cea dropped a stunt on day 2 so in order for stars to have a lower score they scored stars 7's in the tumbling day 2 and 7's and 8's in the dance...their two strongest points in the routine. i do not think that is a quincidence because i am pretty sure that everybody could agree that stars do not tumble in the 7 range..it is clearly politics that is all. and stars hit their routine not just day 1 and day 2 perfect, but also the third time in the exhibition. sr elite had mistakes 2 of those 3 times on the mat...IMO a world champion should hit their routine perfect when it counts or else why should they be called a world champion over another team that does?

divuhhhxo said:
it was obvious that the judges were favoring cea. cea dropped a stunt on day 2 so in order for stars to have a lower score they scored stars 7's in the tumbling day 2 and 7's and 8's in the dance...their two strongest points in the routine. i do not think that is a quincidence because i am pretty sure that everybody could agree that stars do not tumble in the 7 range..it is clearly politics that is all. and stars hit their routine not just day 1 and day 2 perfect, but also the third time in the exhibition. sr elite had mistakes 2 of those 3 times on the mat...IMO a world champion should hit their routine perfect when it counts or else why should they be called a world champion over another team that does?

Thank you for not being scared to speak the truth on here !
I'm sorry to the cea bandwagon on here , but I agree with this person like 100% :)

Stars did NOT hit perfect all three times. They had mistakes too. Just because your favorite team doesn't win, doesn't mean "oh it's all politics." You haven't seen me saying that the past 3 times Stars won. If you win, you win. If you didn't, go work harder for next year. Stop taking away from the teams that did win.

Stars did NOT hit perfect all three times. They had mistakes too. Just because your favorite team doesn't win, doesn't mean "oh it's all politics." You haven't seen me saying that the past 3 times Stars won. If you win, you win. If you didn't, go work harder for next year. Stop taking away from the teams that did win.

Beth, we knew this conversation would come up. ha ha

TealFan said:

I feel like all in THEIR World would be fine if Stars would have won. I feel like, the attitude is that as long as things go in the WC favor; then whatever precedes it is just okay. I had a shocking encounter with a WC Coach whom I respected, immediately following the Silver medalist announcement in Lrg SR.. Just speaks volumes about their true sportsmanship.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

So are you saying that the judges knew SE would drop a stunt on day 2? Then this would cause them to "unjustly" give Stars a lower score? Or did they score Stars so low "just in case"?

Back