High School Let's Talk Socks...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is there a difference between creaking and cracking? "Creaking" isn't a word we would normally say in this part of the country to describe the sounds that bones make. It sounds weird to me.

Is there a difference between creaking and cracking? "Creaking" isn't a word we would normally say in this part of the country to describe the sounds that bones make. It sounds weird to me.
Creaking really feels like creaking, you can hear it (at least I can). Cracking feels like, well, cracking.

We do tall crew socks for competitions, but normal no shows for games and pep rallies. I personally like the look of crew socks, it makes the team look more athletic IMO. I've noticed they seem to be making a comeback too.

We do tall crew socks for competitions, but normal no shows for games and pep rallies. I personally like the look of crew socks, it makes the team look more athletic IMO. I've noticed they seem to be making a comeback too.
A lot of the HS teams around here wear the tall socks for comps. Definitely makes them look more athletic.

Agreed, it looks more athletic.

Two of our athletes wear ankle braces that are so high they won't show. We are trying to decide if we should do crew and just have them wear whatever. One back says it's hard to grip the flyer with the crew socks.

Two of our athletes wear ankle braces that are so high they won't show. We are trying to decide if we should do crew and just have them wear whatever. One back says it's hard to grip the flyer with the crew socks.
I feel bad for Greenup's backspots, they wear slouch socks. They're so cute, though.

I hate the look of long socks and I hate stunting when my flyer is wearing them, I cannot grab her ankle properly and I'm pretty short for a back spot so it's not like I can grab higher
But whyyy? I sound like a 2 y/o but I'm curious.

Back