High School Let's Talk Socks...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are three uniforms really necessary? Not trying to criticize you or the coach, but I don't understand why one doesn't suffice. The whole "home and away" look doesn't seem as important for cheer teams as is it for other athletic teams.

I must be annoying everyone with my obsession with frugality but... I needed to ask.
I wish our coach was as obsessed with frugality! It isn't a bad trait.

I have floor vents downstairs, but no easy way to hang over the floor vents. Both uniforms are the old polyester type. Hopefully, we won't have an issue. Most of the time, they should be home after school to get ready.

Thanks!
No problem! That was just how I always dried dried mine. Back in middle school, I played volleyball and basketball along with cheering so I know how it feels having to leave from school and go straight to a game

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

From what I understand, despite not one girl on the team wanting them, the coach is going to order the crew socks from Varsity. Ugh. I feel so horrible for the girls.

I can't link our newer uniform from the Varsity website, but it is really similar in style to the red, white, and blue one on page 104 of the online catalog. We have a v-neck midriff with it.

From what I understand, despite not one girl on the team wanting them, the coach is going to order the crew socks from Varsity. Ugh. I feel so horrible for the girls.

I can't link our newer uniform from the Varsity website, but it is really similar in style to the red, white, and blue one on page 104 of the online catalog. We have a v-neck midriff with it.
Wouldn't it be funny if, halfway through the season, she decided that she didn't want the girls to wear them anymore?

We had two uniforms my sophomore year, and one of them was the same as JV. My junior year we got one new uniform. We had our blue uniform, our blue and black uniform (JV/Varsity), and our black uniform. Now, I'm a junior in college but from what I can see, they kept the blue and black uniform as well as the black uniform but JV now wears the blue uniform. We didn't pay for our uniforms, they were borrowed from the school.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Wouldn't it be funny if, halfway through the season, she decided that she didn't want the girls to wear them anymore?
There is always that chance. Plus, the captain usually decides on the uniform and bow.

A bit nervous about the year...

Mad at the rep? Why (if you don't mind me asking)?
She didn't talk directly to our coach other than a "hey" at the jamboree. Rep is the coach for the team we played.

I guess there were a few missing items from our team order, but I don't know if that was the rep or the company.

I follow both Live Oak and Rocky Point on Twitter and it turns out that they both wear crew socks on the regular. Hope they bust them out for Nationals this year, I loved the way they looked.

I've developed a bit of an obsession with slouch socks recently (because of my love for Greenup). Are they the only school that still wears them? Must be a nightmare to backspot in but they are so cute! Problem is, not every girl scrunches her socks to the same height.

Last edited:
She didn't talk directly to our coach other than a "hey" at the jamboree. Rep is the coach for the team we played.

I guess there were a few missing items from our team order, but I don't know if that was the rep or the company.

Could possibly be the company. Same thing happened to the team I'm on for school. We ordered and there was 1 liner missing.

Could possibly be the company. Same thing happened to the team I'm on for school. We ordered and there was 1 liner missing.
That is what I was thinking, but our coach was all pissy about it. She is gone now, thankfully.

I follow both Live Oak and Rocky Point on Twitter and it turns out that they both wear crew socks on the regular. Hope they bust them out for Nationals this year, I loved the way they looked

I've developed a bit of an obsession with slouch socks recently (because of my love for Greenup). Are they the only school that still wears them? Must be a nightmare to backspot in but they are so cute! Problem is, not every girl scrunches her socks to the same height.

My old high school wears white crew socks also, it's a very "UCA" style but I think it's so cute. I know they wear them at competitions for sure, but I'm not sure about games. They started it my senior year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We wore no show socks in high school and do in college as well. I wish we wore white crew socks, they look so classic. I despise black crew socks though. It looks like you're wearing two ankle braces lol

We wore no show socks in high school and do in college as well. I wish we wore white crew socks, they look so classic. I despise black crew socks though. It looks like you're wearing two ankle braces lol

That's exactly what I think when I see them!

It's even more deceiving when only few girls have them on.

Back