Level 4 Dismount Vs Transition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 15, 2010

I posted this question earlier, this now a more complete view of what were trying to achieve

From my understand if I can make it legal in one area ie dismount, I'm good to go.

This is clearly illegal as a level 4 transition.

BUT, can that flat back be considered a prep level stunt? Therefore allowed to double twist dismount?

Andre

I'm not sure if the new rules will change this or not (I haven't found them posted) but the old rules didn't say anything about prep or extended level for double twisting dismounts - what mattered was if it was a two-leg or 1-leg stunt:

Up to a 2-¼ twisting rotations allowed from all two leg stunts. Twisting from a platform position may not
exceed 1-¼ rotation. Platform is not considered a two leg stunt. There are specific exceptions given for
the platform body position at Level 4 L4 Stunts Twisting Mounts and Transitions only.

ETA - so I'm not sure if flat back would be considered a "two leg stunt" - I'd guess no.

I posted this question earlier, this now a more complete view of what were trying to achieve

From my understand if I can make it legal in one area ie dismount, I'm good to go.

This is clearly illegal as a level 4 transition.

BUT, can that flat back be considered a prep level stunt? Therefore allowed to double twist dismount?

Andre

I think the dismount v. transition question is answered with it being a transition. The question now is whether it's a 1 or 2 leg stunt and I can make a case for either. I'm going to wait to see if there are any new clarifications in the new rules before saying more.

For what its worth, it is a prep level stunt and would remain so even if it was extended. However, that does no good to answer your question. I'm really curious about this one....

So if disconnect the prep connection... this is legal to double down out of?

So if disconnect the prep connection... this is legal to double down out of?
No not necessarily. It comes down to the definition of a two foot stunt and one foot stunt. unless Les said different or a new clarificatoin comes out i would call it illegal.

Stunt: Any skill in which a top person is supported above the performance surface by one or
more persons. Also referred to as a “mount.”
A stunt is determined to be "Single" or "Double" leg by the number of feet that the top
person has being supported by a base(s).

by this definition, I would say it was neither, and therefore illegal as it is a transition.

Kind of makes me think if a double twisting barrel roll would be legal in level 4, its similar and the gray area between transition and dismount.

As is now I would call it a transition, since i don't think there are any dismounts (rule wise) that involve being braced by someone in a prep.

Kind of makes me think if a double twisting barrel roll would be legal in level 4, its similar and the gray area between transition and dismount.

As is now I would call it a transition, since i don't think there are any dismounts (rule wise) that involve being braced by someone in a prep.

Les told me I couldn't call a Double Twisting Barrel Roll illegal last season.

tossed by one group and caught in a cradle by that same group or to the performance surface, Should be IMO considered a dismount. If the flyer lands in something other than a cradle or legally leaves one group and lands in another then it should IMO be a transition (but even with that, I'm thinking of gray areas as I'm typing it out)

Les told me I couldn't call a Double Twisting Barrel Roll illegal last season.
I might run with that and release it from one leg extended to a cradle, followed by the double twist, that would work in my favor should it be questioned this season

Back