High School Locker Buddies

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 17, 2011
This year is my first year on varsity fall, and I'm young to be on varsity. I'm a sophomore, I completely skipped over JV and now here I am! We do lots of things as do many other high school teams. Does anyone have any cute/creative ways to do locker buddies(which is when we decorate fb players locker, bake/buy him snacks and drinks the day of a game)? I know the season is a summer away but I'm already pumped!

You can figure out his favorite food and always make that for him, leave a surprise in his locker,always get his favorite drink, etc

At my school we make locker decorations, just a sheet of paper, with a slogan like beat those whoever, with our mascot, or undeafeated or something on it. It looks like a mini version of the big run through banner we make for the game, and each locker dec is personalized with namer & number

we do similar things, but we dont have lockers at our school :/ just pe lockers and since girls arent aloud in the boys locker room we just bake cookies, write little letters to them wishing them luck, buy them gaterades, etc. you can get like a set of mini cupcakes from the grocery store and spell out good luck on them or maybe his name or number or something like that :) or maybe buy a pizza cookie thing from the store and have it personalized :)

we don't do things like that in our area. how does it work? does every player have a buddy, and what if there are a lot more players than cheerleaders?

At my school, we decorate the locker room and the players houses before a home game. We also have to give them goodie bags. In the past I have made coco krispies treats shaped like a football, a football cake, brownies cut like footballs, and of course traditional cookies and candy. Also a bottle of gatorade.

we don't do things like that in our area. how does it work? does every player have a buddy, and what if there are a lot more players than cheerleaders?
usually every cheerleader has around three guys, only varsity boys, and the older/star players get the senior cheerleaders

We always did a poster decoration on the locker(tied on, taped on or little magnet signs which they can keep!) and then some candy or baked goodies plus a water bottle or gatorade. Cupakes and mini personalized cakes or cookies with the guy's football # were always a big hit. You can even make labels to put over the original water bottle label to correspond with whatever slogan is that week (we usually went with the pep rally theme and if we didnt have a pep rally theme that week then we'd make up our own). Dollar stores are awesome for random fillers such as cheap sunglasses for a beach theme week or random sports decorations to tie to their lockers! I've also heard teams write messages on the rind of oranges and then the guys can still tear off the peel and eat the oranges lol. Streamers are always fun too, just make sure you have lots of tape to put them up! Here's also a website with a lot of slogans and locker designs that were made on the computer or cut out and can help give you ideas to make your own signs and stuff. http://lockerdecorating.blogspot.com/ and if you have time to plan themes, oriental trading company has loads of stuff that is fun(just make sure to have enough time for shipping and also to check the quantity....larger packages you can split with other girls!). http://www.orientaltrading.com/party-themes-and-events/supplies-a1-388621-1-0.fltr

At my school we make locker decorations, just a sheet of paper, with a slogan like beat those whoever, with our mascot, or undeafeated or something on it. It looks like a mini version of the big run through banner we make for the game, and each locker dec is personalized with namer & number
we do that too.. we also bake for them for the big games and there bdays aswell. :)

Back