Music Making My Own Music This Year...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 28, 2012
Sorry for blowing up everyone's feed, but I have to make my own music for my gym this year.
I'm really struggling on how to pick songs for each section. (Dance, elite, tumbling, pyramid, jumps, etc)
I have a senior 1 team of mostly high school girls, and I'd like for it to be pretty diverse with newer songs since my theme is celebrities of 2013, and also age appropriate since they are a little older. (my team name is Celebrities.) What are some tips for picking songs with such a wide range? Especially songs that are not overused in cheer music or overplayed on the radio?

Thanks so much!!!!

Go on the iTunes store and look through there top songs and newest releases and preview them to see if you like them. i do this so i can keep up with newer songs....just an idea

Google "songs with the word famous in it"...also, think of musicians/actors (like Jennifer Lopez, Fergie, JT...) and look into their music.
I am a first time coach and I volunteered to make our music as we are a rec league and have a tight budget...NO IDEA how difficult it was!! I give the cheer mix creators huge props!
Good luck!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back