All-Star Maryland Marlins Merging With Maryland Twisters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Incorrect. A decision on the team has not been made and will not be made until the coaches further evaluate the situation.

Twisters has been overly accommodating since inheriting these new athletes and will continue to do so. The primary focus is that Tsu stays together and the coaches will make the necessary adjustments to try to adhere to that. There are several options on the table.

Oh, okay... this is just what someone told me last night on twitter (a reliable source? haha!)
There really would be no other options than to have 2 teams competing against each other, because judging by this thread, every team appears to be maxed out or with only 2 or 3 spaces left which wouldn't be enough to accomodate the new Marlins athletes. I'm sure the decision shall be announced soon and it will be what is best for the team.

Does Maryland Twisters have an International Open All Girl 5? Could this be an option for the Tsunami girls who are of adequate age? And the girls who are not of adequate age to join this team can fill in the couple of spaces on the other teams? Could this be an option?

Does Maryland Twisters have an International Open All Girl 5? Could this be an option for the Tsunami girls who are of adequate age? And the girls who are not of adequate age to join this team can fill in the couple of spaces on the other teams? Could this be an option?

i'm sure that is one of the options on the table that fabulousity mentioned, but if their ultimate goal is to keep the girls together it may not work.

I also HEARD (so don't take this for fact) that they were trying to find a couple boys to make them small coed. And the small senior team Eclipse is from the Waldorf gym, not from the Glen Burnie location so they would be competing within their program but not necessarily their gym.

Yes we do... they made their debut last year as Lady T's..... we also have an International Coed team Black Ice...

I also HEARD (so don't take this for fact) that they were trying to find a couple boys to make them small coed. And the small senior team Eclipse is from the Waldorf gym, not from the Glen Burnie location so they would be competing within their program but not necessarily their gym.

Ah, if they are from different locations that doesn't make it so bad! If they had two teams in the same gym and same division I couldn't see that working.
And yeah, what I heard about them having 2 Small L5 teams was just a rumour too, I wouldn't take that for a fact.

Let me say, as a parent of a child involved in this, this whole situation has been very emotional. First, my daughter and I both feel the Marlins were a second family to her. The announcement was like being told there was a death in our family. But, I believe in my heart that both Terri & Tara have the best interests of these athletes their first priority. This was probably an extremely heartbreaking decision for Terri to make to close and "merge" with the Twisters. Tara and the rest of the staff at Twisters have been wonderful to the Marlins families. I watched last night as the Twister coaches and Marlins coaches combined and worked together with the Tsu girls. Yes, the girls were told that they would try to be kept together, as to what division, I don't know. They were told that if they could not be kept together, they would all be place on a Worlds team. The Twisters have been honest and upfront as far as I can tell and I for one could not ask for more than that. Thank you to all who wished the girls moving/merging into the the Twisters family well & good luck! I think that this will be a great thing for all involved.

yes they do it's a have year team- Lady T's

Maybe they can make Tsu a have open ag 5 and do lady t's as open ag 6? who knows..Tara and Terri will figure it out..I don't know Terri but Tara usually has some pretty good ideas and I'm sure the situation will be worked out so that it best suits the whole team and all the girls etc.

hum....I am confused. One gym owner shut her gym down and another gym owner opens her gym to the athletes and people are concerned with a team staying together. That doesn't sound very athletic to me...more like something from Dance Moms. I would assume that in this very talented and competitive market each athlete will be evaluated and placed where their skills are applicable...

hum....I am confused. One gym owner shut her gym down and another gym owner opens her gym to the athletes and people are concerned with a team staying together. That doesn't sound very athletic to me...more like something from Dance Moms. I would assume that in this very talented and competitive market each athlete will be evaluated and placed where their skills are applicable...

I think it was great of both Terri and Tara to consider the girls on Tsunami's feelings and try to keep them together. They have worked hard since try-outs together so of course the girls would like to stay together. If they are all at the same level, and can be kept together on a team (not saying a team of just them), why not? Again, as I said, it's something they are going to try to do... and just as an FYI, not a parent asked for this, so not sure where the comment of "Dance Moms" came from. The girls only asked if they would stay together and were given the very honest answer of that they would try to be kept together, but if not, they would all be placed on a Worlds team. All the girls that came to Twisters from Marlins were re-evaluated and placed on the appropriate level team I believe.

Although going against another team in your gym is uncommon, competing against teams in other gyms but in your program is just as weird. The FAME gyms compete against each other all the time, even at Worlds. As does ACE. If for one year this has to happen to keep the Tsu girls together, I think it should happen.

It is bound to also happen a bit with our program as well since we've added another gym. I'm with cheer sport sharks and we now have 3 gyms and they said most likely youth and maybe junior may cross over but we are fine with worlds divisions

Back