All-Star Maryland Marlins Tsunami

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

226333_10150232727521187_601166186_8890652_1679691_n.jpg

221633_10150232727616187_601166186_8890657_1479163_n.jpg

Marlins you made it...and then some!! ;) No one will ever forget your 2011 worlds performances! You girls amaze me!

As a Dad of two cp's on this team I must say that I could not be more proud of this teams performance at Worlds. At times it was almost surreal what was happening with the lights going out in prelims and then Brea's injury in finals and wondering just how much adversity can any one team handle in this environment. The emotions and choas we parents felt by being shuffled in and out of the viewing area and not knowing if or when they would next perform was nothing in comparison with the emotions that were going on backstage. To come out 4 times in two days and put up 31 stunts with just a bobble after struggling to hit much of the year and retooling the routine due to Brea's injury whereby losing one of our strongest flyers, point dancer, and major contributor in the pyramid in minutes (felt like hours) was nothing short of phenominal. Not to mention the owner/coach/mother having to deal with the emotions of tending to her injured daughter and at the same time having to pull the team together to perform once again for the fourth time was in my opinion the best coaching performance of the entire weekend. I cannot express my gratitude to each and every person in the Milkhouse on Sunday for the support that was shown this team coming back out for the 4th time. My oldest, who was competing for the very last time after 10 years in all-star, and with tears screaming down her face immediately after...said and I quote "it does not matter whether we finish first or last but when we walked out for the 4th & last time and saw the entire milkhouse stand and cheer for us & their fallen teammate, was without a doubt the greatest experience and most memorable moment of my entire 10 years as a cheerleader." I doubt any good Hollywood screenwriter could have scripted this any better and as a CheerDad I have to agree with my daughters assessment as it will go down as my fondest memory in all the years as well and yes, it was enough to make a grown man cry. Tsunami... round 2 did rise to the occasion and was an inspiration to many!

This brought me to tears. I couldnt imagine what it was like, Congrats to this amazing program. After the 4th performance I literally wanted to run onto the mat and hug each girl. Your all amazing. So so amazing!

All i have to sayy is that you girls rock.... competing 5 times in two days, and still being able to pull off a 4th WOW... good job <3

did anyone else notice that brea the girl that got hurt day 2 was wearing a knee brace day one but not day 2, could that be why she hurt her knee?

I just want to say that on there 4th performance of the competition when their pyramid song came up dont stop believing from glee i basically started crying because these girls went through so much and each time they gave it there all and they never gave up and in the situation they were in a lot of teams would fall apart. I applaud the strength and leadership of these young women. They are what cheerleading is about. Thank you Marlins you made me want to become a better cheerleader, athlete, and person in general. <3

i never knew how much of a family i had with this team until that final performance. we were all singing on the floor. "don't stop believing" and i could feel in my heart that this is why i stuck with this team, this is why i never gave up, this is why i work so hard. the feeling you get from an experience like that does not compare to any other feeling. we won in our own way. and no one can take those 4 amazing performances away from us. our whole year was set on being warriors and being the small army that conquers anything. and together we did..and with the help of everyone there. that last run was probably the hardest thing i ever had to do, not because of being tired..but because i had never been so emotional about something before...like that was my flier my tsu-sister my teammate sitting in a wheelchair and not on the floor with us. in all honesty i got through the routine because of the support from all the fans and other teams back stage (ca cheetahs and ace warriors especially). walking out and hearing everyone chanting "brea" made me cry even more. i would like to thank everyone for being there in our time of struggle and believing in us.

i never knew how much of a family i had with this team until that final performance. we were all singing on the floor. "don't stop believing" and i could feel in my heart that this is why i stuck with this team, this is why i never gave up, this is why i work so hard. the feeling you get from an experience like that does not compare to any other feeling. we won in our own way. and no one can take those 4 amazing performances away from us. our whole year was set on being warriors and being the small army that conquers anything. and together we did..and with the help of everyone there. that last run was probably the hardest thing i ever had to do, not because of being tired..but because i had never been so emotional about something before...like that was my flier my tsu-sister my teammate sitting in a wheelchair and not on the floor with us. in all honesty i got through the routine because of the support from all the fans and other teams back stage (ca cheetahs and ace warriors especially). walking out and hearing everyone chanting "brea" made me cry even more. i would like to thank everyone for being there in our time of struggle and believing in us.
i literally got goosebumps while reading this! ya'll really are somethin else and i have been rooting for you all season and will continue to! (about to hunt someone down for a tsu shirt at this point, hahahah)

i am so obsessed with these ladies, I will forever be a TSUNAMI fan. I cannot even wait to see whats in store for them in the future!

MARLINS, YOU MADE IT!

maddie.p.1243 said:

Mads you just made me cry.. AGAIN. Haha I'm going to miss you<3 I can't believe it's over :( Wahh

maddie.p.1243 said:

This made me tear up! Y'all are so inspiring!

Back