All-Star Maryland Twisters Showcase

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it's awesome that you have the respect for their coaching staff and program to not argue with him/her after they expressed their opinion. I can understand what you're saying "Diamond", but if he/she speaks for twisters, esp as a coach... Then I appreciate and respect what they say as a trend setter in this industry; as a loved gym; as a program who's set alot of standards for the cheer world. Regardless if you like them or not, you can still show respect when they express their thoughts (which you obviously did).

I had no idea if they were a coach or not and I didn't say anything about liking them or not (that has nothing to do w/ anything)..I have also expressed my opinion in different threads before about this and it just gets old. I had plenty to express back to blunchin & everyone else, but I chose not to. I'll express what I have to say now. You guys are forgetting what cheerleading is about. I didn't want to get into this, but if you choose to pay to watch a high caliber team and get upset that others who didn't pay get to watch for free (because it was leaked), you are crying over spilled milk. I think it's redic. Same for cheer mixes. Then you guys want to throw out the illegal card:rolleyes: . If you want to go there, you can all start recording your own music to use for your mixes. I could make a list that runs forever about the illegal things we do everyday. We should all know by now that you can't stop people from posting your routines on the internet. You can have them blocked or taken down, but it's not going to stop anything. Yes, it is disrespectful, but it is going to happen. Are you going to sit and pout about something that you want to keep secret for a short amount of time (then bring it to worlds for everyone to see), or are you going to get over it & move on? These "illegal" situations are apples and oranges compared to "burglaries, muggings, car theft, etc". You guys waste so much time complaining over your videos being on youtube, but after you win worlds, it's not a problem. It's funny because all the big gyms beg for their videos to be removed, yet the small, unknown gyms wish someone would be interested enough to record and post them on youtube. When something doesn't go your way, epecially something that you know is coming, don't get angry about it over and over again. Turn it into something positive & let it pass. Let's talk about how good so & so is, not about how upset we are because their routine is leaked.

I had no idea if they were a coach or not and I didn't say anything about liking them or not (that has nothing to do w/ anything)..I have also expressed my opinion in different threads before about this and it just gets old. I had plenty to express back to blunchin & everyone else, but I chose not to. I'll express what I have to say now. You guys are forgetting what cheerleading is about. I didn't want to get into this, but if you choose to pay to watch a high caliber team and get upset that others who didn't pay get to watch for free (because it was leaked), you are crying over spilled milk. I think it's redic. Same for cheer mixes. Then you guys want to throw out the illegal card:rolleyes: . If you want to go there, you can all start recording your own music to use for your mixes. I could make a list that runs forever about the illegal things we do everyday. We should all know by now that you can't stop people from posting your routines on the internet. You can have them blocked or taken down, but it's not going to stop anything. Yes, it is disrespectful, but it is going to happen. Are you going to sit and pout about something that you want to keep secret for a short amount of time (then bring it to worlds for everyone to see), or are you going to get over it & move on? These "illegal" situations are apples and oranges compared to "burglaries, muggings, car theft, etc". You guys waste so much time complaining over your videos being on youtube, but after you win worlds, it's not a problem. It's funny because all the big gyms beg for their videos to be removed, yet the small, unknown gyms wish someone would be interested enough to record and post them on youtube. When something doesn't go your way, epecially something that you know is coming, don't get angry about it over and over again. Turn it into something positive & let it pass. Let's talk about how good so & so is, not about how upset we are because their routine is leaked.
ooookkkk... I was actually paying you a compliment. Nevermind I guess...?:chillpill:

next time make sure to tag me ok? when money is involved it is much more than spilled milk. we can talk all day long how cheerleading is "supposed" to be about but many of our industry's leaders use this sport as their profession and means of income. now this does not mean that there is a lack of passion or drive to be in the sport because it has to be there in order to be successful but we cannot ignore the fact that these gyms are first and foremost businesses. these businesses have every right to pull the "illegal" card bc it's true. so what daily crimes you tend you commit on a daily basis are somewhat irrelevant.
the argument, or at least my argument, is not about routines being pulled after competing but rather when videos are leaked too soon, more specifically ones that people pay for. i don't know where this feeling of entitlement came from and maybe it's a small gym thing but a program has a right to want to debut when it's official. this isn't about david and goliath. once a team's season has officially began i am all for taping every which angle and putting it on display because it is what it is. however contrary to popular belief these gyms are not producing teams year after year for their fans, but for their businesses and families. fans are absolutely fantastic and it makes our sport that much more unique however they don't pay the bills! and whether we like it or not, big gyms have bills to pay too (probably more). believe me no one is pouting about the praises f5, wc, and se receive however you can't not see how it is frustrating on the other end.

People keep saying that others shouldn't get mad because the routine was "leaked" yet no one is really mad that it was "leaked" but more so because it is a paid service being given for free and sort of ripping the gym off. The routine is open for the public to watch but you have to pay for it. Had Maryland Twisters had a completely closed showcase with no webcast it would be considered "leaked". Those that keep complaining about people complaining about the routine being on youtube are actually complaining more than anyone else. (wow that was not easy to type ha)

I for one a super excited to finally be able to see the routine today and am proud of myself for holding out.

next time make sure to tag me ok? when money is involved it is much more than spilled milk. we can talk all day long how cheerleading is "supposed" to be about but many of our industry's leaders use this sport as their profession and means of income. now this does not mean that there is a lack of passion or drive to be in the sport because it has to be there in order to be successful but we cannot ignore the fact that these gyms are first and foremost businesses. these businesses have every right to pull the "illegal" card bc it's true. so what daily crimes you tend you commit on a daily basis are somewhat irrelevant.
the argument, or at least my argument, is not about routines being pulled after competing but rather when videos are leaked too soon, more specifically ones that people pay for. i don't know where this feeling of entitlement came from and maybe it's a small gym thing but a program has a right to want to debut when it's official. this isn't about david and goliath. once a team's season has officially began i am all for taping every which angle and putting it on display because it is what it is. however contrary to popular belief these gyms are not producing teams year after year for their fans, but for their businesses and families. fans are absolutely fantastic and it makes our sport that much more unique however they don't pay the bills! and whether we like it or not, big gyms have bills to pay too (probably more). believe me no one is pouting about the praises f5, wc, and se receive however you can't not see how it is frustrating on the other end.

I actually meant to tag you when I mentioned your name, but forgot to put the @ symbol okay? By illegal things we do everyday I meant we as the cheerleading industry..things like using music to make your cheerleading mixes. I would love to see a case in court about someone trying to sue someone else for a cheerleading routine being posted on youtube. Everyone knows that businesses have bills to pay. I would hope that illegal views from a live shocase is not a result of bills not being paid. I do think that it's a great way to raise money. Teams are so producing routines for fans, not only the fans, but fans a big part of it. Who else is going to pay to watch your videos?

I actually meant to tag you when I mentioned your name, but forgot to put the @ symbol okay? By illegal things we do everyday I meant we as the cheerleading industry..things like using music to make your cheerleading mixes. I would love to see a case in court about someone trying to sue someone else for a cheerleading routine being posted on youtube. Everyone knows that businesses have bills to pay. I would hope that illegal views from a live shocase is not a result of bills not being paid. I do think that it's a great way to raise money. Teams are so producing routines for fans, not only the fans, but fans a big part of it. Who else is going to pay to watch your videos?
I'm not trying to be disrespectful to F5 or their program (bc I really like them a lot), but Diamond does have a very valid point here. Sure, you paid for the choreography, music mix, instruction, etc., but if you want to get into technicalities like legal issues, technically you're charging people to listen to music that you're not paying for either. In most cases it's ok to sample someone's music (sample and using a song outright aren't the same thing though) and reproduce it as long as it's not for profit. So let's assume that everything is on the up and up and whomever you get your mixes from pays their respective dues (since they're making a profit by selling it to you). You however, are now charging people to watch videos containing that copyrighted music, hence you are making a profit off of their music. Of course we all know in the cheer world that we're mostly wanting to see the routines, but if you want to talk legalities and technicalities, then Diamond has a valid point.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful to F5 or their program (bc I really like them a lot), but Diamond does have a very valid point here. Sure, you paid for the choreography, music mix, instruction, etc., but if you want to get into technicalities like legal issues, technically you're charging people to listen to music that you're not paying for either. In most cases it's ok to sample someone's music (sample and using a song outright aren't the same thing though) and reproduce it as long as it's not for profit. So let's assume that everything is on the up and up and whomever you get your mixes from pays their respective dues (since they're making a profit by selling it to you). You however, are now charging people to watch videos containing that copyrighted music, hence you are making a profit off of their music. Of course we all know in the cheer world that we're mostly wanting to see the routines, but if you want to talk legalities and technicalities, then Diamond has a valid point.

Wow, thanks:)

I'm not trying to be disrespectful either. I love Maryland Twisters. Next time I will just keep my mouth shut. All of this back & fourth doesn't get anywhere.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful either. I love Maryland Twisters. Next time I will just keep my mouth shut. All of this back & fourth doesn't get anywhere.

Yeah, you know on these gym/team oriented threads, especially for the teams in this division, it is a good idea to let the teams, athletes, parents and fans have a good time talking about their gym and teams. They all deserve the love and respect and a thread for praise. Again, props to Twisters and in my case our competitor F5.

routines are produced for the score sheet. certain gyms have certain styles that have made people really like them but the style of the routine is less about the fans and more about the personal taste of the coach/choreographer/owner and how to maximize the score sheet. even with music, i think coaches pick music that best reflects that team's/program's style. however i believe it is safe to say that we can agree to disagree.

on another note good luck to all twister teams competing this weekend! and a shout out to fame, spirit explosion, and marlins in philly! GOOD LUCK!

Im trying to read about how amazing F5 was except i keep reading pointless arugements about a leaked video. Can i just say that THIS IS CHEERLEADING! Why are you taking a leaked video so seriously? - There is more in the world to worry about than F5's video being leaked; i understand that it isnt fair to those who payed etc; but your jumping down each others throats for others opions over a leaked video which woud of been leaked eventually. So please do something better with your day instead of fighting on a cheer forum.

Back