Matching Uniforms For Every Team?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

what about "super this, super that. respect the S that's on my back. serving fear, serving fame. one more time scream our name!"

SUPER SENIORS :D

Do you know how many times I've thought of this thread since I downloaded the Worlds mix? I had no idea where I said all that, so I couldn't correct myself, until now! Thank you!

at my gym we have our 'non elite' uniforms. Then this yr. half of the elite teams had the old sparkely unis and the other half had the new ones. Usually the lvl 5 team get the new unis the yr. before everyone else, but this yr it was kinda just a random bunch of teams got them... I like it when everyone is the same but at the same time I think there should be something to tell the lvls apart..

Aviator Allstars all wear the same uniform (except our Baby Aces tiny Lv 1 because they're so freakin' adorable and our regular uniforms don't really fit them because they're so....well, tiny!) But, their uniforms are very similar just made for little ones. Our Lv 5 team wears the same uniform as everyone else (this will be Aviator's 3rd season, we're brand-spankin' new) and 11-12 will debut our first-ever Lv 5 team. However, they do have different hair bows which I think is great. That team name is the Blue Angels and instead of the red/black/silver bow the rest of the gym has, theirs is blue/black/silver. LOVE IT! They're going to be a force to be reckoned with, I can't WAIT to watch them hit the mat...and no, neither of my CPs are on that team - but at Aviator....we're all ONE team so I'll be screaming for our 5's with the rest of the flight crew :)

So my biggest problem with this issue is that (I assume) everyone who says level 5 has a special uniform, was either on a level 5 team or still has a chance on making it to a level 5 team. I was never a level 5 cheerleader, (I now cheer in college but was level 4 allstar) and I was never going to be a level 5 cheerleader. For some, we are content with the level we are at, and our bodies wont let us move on past a certant point. I cheered for FCA so I liked how our gym did it all the levels had different colors, then diamonds just had some extra stuff on their uniforms. To me this was okay, this was the premier team from our gym, but they were not "singled" out because it was still the same uniform...does this make sense? lol

i think it's good for the fives to be different, for the younger teams to have full length uni's, and the others just have the same as the younger teams but with a crop.

So my biggest problem with this issue is that (I assume) everyone who says level 5 has a special uniform, was either on a level 5 team or still has a chance on making it to a level 5 team. I was never a level 5 cheerleader, (I now cheer in college but was level 4 allstar) and I was never going to be a level 5 cheerleader. For some, we are content with the level we are at, and our bodies wont let us move on past a certant point. I cheered for FCA so I liked how our gym did it all the levels had different colors, then diamonds just had some extra stuff on their uniforms. To me this was okay, this was the premier team from our gym, but they were not "singled" out because it was still the same uniform...does this make sense? lol

That's what I like about Aviator. Our owners/coaches are dedicated to "one" team...that's the "aviator" team, whether it's the baby aces to the new (debuting this year) Lv. 5 Blue Angels. It doesn't matter, what team you're on - you're "Aviator." The gym we came from had different uniforms and different hair bows, different t-shirts for different teams - everything was about individual "teams." It just compartmentalized everything and we found that we'd been at the same gym with people for 2-3 years and didn't even know who they were just because our kids were on different teams and there was no interaction between them. It also caused some drama between teams that won a lot and teams that didn't win as much. However, at the same time our Angels are the elite team in the gym and I do think them getting a different hair bow is a great compromise that recognizes them for their mad skilz but also keeps gym cohesion.

All that said...I love FCAs different color uniforms :)

Do you like it when a gym has matching uniforms for every team, Matching uniforms for every team but there level 5 teams, Or when every team gets a different uniform?

I personally like it when every team has the same uniform except for there level 5 teams.

i like that too but i also like the way our gym does it like our tiny mini and open team have the same uniform then our youth one youth two juniors senior three have the same and our level four senior gets different and our half year senior 2 gets different but theyre all similar so we still look like one big gym :]

i like the uniforms to be all the same except for level 5 becuase there the top group out of there organization and they have more to prove then the lower levels

Matching uniforms DEFINITELY make it easier for cross-overs. I hate seeing a team on the floor with four different uniforms....it's really distracting.

For middle schools I don't see a problem with having the same uniform. For high schools, I think its nice when you have different uniforms for the different levels (Freshman, JV, Varsity). Also, I loved that my high school had our first names on the bottom of our skirts.

Latest posts

Back