All-Star Maxing Out A Level 2 Varsity Score Sheet.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 10, 2010
I coach a small junior level 2 team. The majority of our competitions that we go to, use a Varsity score sheet. I wanted the input from others to see how you think this routine will match up to a Varsity score sheet (due to the fact that I am accustomed to Jam Brands). The team has 14 athletes.

Tumbling:
13 standing handsprings thrown (9 girls tumbling. 4 throw twice)
14 triple jump to forward roll.
3 roundoff handsprings (synched)
7 roundoff double handsprings (synced)
5 specialty passes

Jumps:
4 Pikes
14 Fronts
14 Triple jump combos connected to a forward roll

Stunts:
(THREE GROUPS USING NO FRONT SPOTS)
switch up opposite leg lib.
tick tock to lib.
leap frog variations.
half up to lib.
Scorpion, Scale, Arabesque.
Cradle.
4 single based extensions.
bump down.

Baskets:
(THREE GROUPS USING FRONTS)
3 straight ride baskets.

Pyramid:
Stretch paper dolls.
2 Switch up to extended outside stretch structure
1 low to high tick tock in middle.
2 released tosses to cradle (outside groups.)

Hypothetically, if execution was near perfect (which we are still working on!), would we max out?

I coach a small junior level 2 team. The majority of our competitions that we go to, use a Varsity score sheet. I wanted the input from others to see how you think this routine will match up to a Varsity score sheet (due to the fact that I am accustomed to Jam Brands). The team has 14 athletes.

Tumbling:
5 specialty passes

Jumps:
4 Pikes
14 Fronts

Stunts:
tick tock to lib.
leap frog variations.
half up to lib.
Cradle.
bump down.

Baskets:
3 straight ride baskets.

Pyramid:
Stretch paper dolls.

Hypothetically, if execution was near perfect (which we are still working on!), would we max out?

Here are a few things I would suggest. I don't have the score sheet in front of me, but off the top of my head and someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

First, take out the triple jump roll. That's level 1, so you aren't getting any points. You are better off doing triple jump pause BHS, or triple jump backwalkover BHS.

Second, you need group baskets (you have your three it looks like), but you need three more throughout the routine. Varsity is team + 3.

I would also take the paper doll pyramid out because it's not really a solid level 2 pyramid. Yes, it's level 2 and yes it's connected, but I always assume a pyramid in level 2 need extended stunts in it. You want to show those extended one leg stunts as much as possible because it's much more difficult.

Also, transition, transition, transition anywhere possible-especially in that pyramid.

Like I said, I don't have it in front of me, but someone can add to it or make changes! It sounds like you have a solid start though!

Here are a few things I would suggest. I don't have the score sheet in front of me, but off the top of my head and someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

First, take out the triple jump roll. That's level 1, so you aren't getting any points. You are better off doing triple jump pause BHS, or triple jump backwalkover BHS.

Second, you need group baskets (you have your three it looks like), but you need three more throughout the routine. Varsity is team + 3.

I would also take the paper doll pyramid out because it's not really a solid level 2 pyramid. Yes, it's level 2 and yes it's connected, but I always assume a pyramid in level 2 need extended stunts in it. You want to show those extended one leg stunts as much as possible because it's much more difficult.

Also, transition, transition, transition anywhere possible-especially in that pyramid.

Like I said, I don't have it in front of me, but someone can add to it or make changes! It sounds like you have a solid start though!

Okay, I think I can change the jump suggestion. what you said, makes sense, I just love the visual of it! lol. However, you dont think having three structures on one leg is enough to max out the pyramid? I would have an outside stretch with two girls extended, an opposite leg structure, tick tocking it to good leg. that would be the third structure. or should i still have more?

Okay, I think I can change the jump suggestion. what you said, makes sense, I just love the visual of it! lol. However, you dont think having three structures on one leg is enough to max out the pyramid? I would have an outside stretch with two girls extended, an opposite leg structure, tick tocking it to good leg. that would be the third structure. or should i still have more?

Three is good, I think I missed that... Is the opposite leg structure before the tick tock extended? I'm not good at visualizing in my head-I do much better seeing it in person. :)

Just a question, are one manned stunts with assisted base on the back legal with Varsity?

But yeah, take out the libs. Too easy! Gotta show some flexibility!

False. The scoresheet handed out the Regional Meeting clearly indicates jumps to forward being level 2 tumbling.

Teams wanting to max out tumbling must have at least 75% of their squad perform "multiple Level 2 appropriate tumbling skills." Which include BWO toe touch, toe touch forward roll, & BWO BHS.

Tumbling:
5 specialty passes

Jumps:
4 Pikes
14 Fronts

Stunts:
tick tock to lib.
leap frog variations.
half up to lib.
Cradle.
bump down.

Baskets:
3 straight ride baskets.

Pyramid:
Stretch paper dolls.

The lack or addition of front spots does not really matter. Most teams don't use front spots. Some teams do but only because they have nothing else to do. If you don't need them, have them do something else to add to your score (jumps, tumbling)

False. The scoresheet handed out the Regional Meeting clearly indicates jumps to forward being level 2 tumbling.

Teams wanting to max out tumbling must have at least 75% of their squad perform "multiple Level 2 appropriate tumbling skills." Which include BWO toe touch, toe touch forward roll, & BWO BHS.

That is correct. We are doing TT front rolls in a transition. But I would also include the BWO BHS as your 2nd "multiple" standing tumbling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back