All-Star Maxing Out A Level 2 Varsity Score Sheet.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Front flexibility in stunts.

we are eventually going to make it a tick tock to stretch, but they are having a hard time keeping their hips aligned. and we actually just made the half up to lib, a half up to front stretch. so i hope that helps us a little!

False. The scoresheet handed out the Regional Meeting clearly indicates jumps to forward being level 2 tumbling.

Teams wanting to max out tumbling must have at least 75% of their squad perform "multiple Level 2 appropriate tumbling skills." Which include BWO toe touch, toe touch forward roll, & BWO BHS.

My fault, I forgot about that. My mind still can not grasp why a level 1 skill counts towards your level 2 score...

I'm pretty certain you do not have enough running tumbling. 75% or more must be involved in multiple (2) level appropriate passes. You quotes 15 passes...

I'm glad you started this thread! I had a lot of the same questions coaching a level 2 team. I know Jam brands has kind of come out with a difficulty sheet, but I wish someone would make one that was broken down a little easier for each section of a routine and by level just for reference!

The jump sequence as it stands now may be level 2 but I can guarentee you that other gyms will be doing the triple jump pause backwalkover backhandspring. You also want to have more of your team doing the running tumbling. What maxed us out last season was having almost full team round off BHS, then the best tumblers did cross passes (all were specialty to 3 BHS) while the ROBHSx2 kids went from the front of the stage to the back rippled. For your pyramid get some leapfrogs in there to add levels to it...or have inside groups got out or outside groups in. Also how are they entering the pyramid? Our team did inverted from ground up to extended one leg.
The secret is to make your team look almost level 3 but not quite...if you can extend it legally do it. I saw a lot of teams doing one leg extended stunts with a shoulder sit assist on the side. OR if you have some smaller flyers, try to work them up to single base stunts. You can also do half up to extensions.
My youtube has my cp's routines from the last two seasons, also check out CA Katz.

there is a lot that you can change to max out the score sheet. In level 2, RO-BHS really dont exist. Everything needs to end in a series. Jumps need to be 4 to tumble. Take out the forward roll becasue that is lvl one. variation could be forward rool then to bhs .. In your running tumbling, if your tumblers are not doing specialty though to series, then take them out. use those counts and put them in your pryamid or stunts.
your extension need to be half ups, and you need to craddle. you also need specialty standing tumbling.. handspring step-out through to series. get rid of front spots and put up another stunt group. 2 mans are legal in lvl 2. if you are able to do that then you need to. you need squad baskets, plus specialty baskets somewhere in the routine.. meaning variation of arms. front flexibilty is needed. to max out you also need at least 4 lvl 2 appropriate release moves.

There is so much more that you can do to max out... LVL 2 is really easy.. take a lvl 5 and dumb it down to lvl 2 skills, and the score sheet is the exact same. Im really good with lvl 2 stunting and pyramids. If you or your gym needs help with those, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

there is a lot that you can change to max out the score sheet. In level 2, RO-BHS really dont exist. Everything needs to end in a series. Jumps need to be 4 to tumble. Take out the forward roll becasue that is lvl one. variation could be forward rool then to bhs .. In your running tumbling, if your tumblers are not doing specialty though to series, then take them out. use those counts and put them in your pryamid or stunts.
your extension need to be half ups, and you need to craddle. you also need specialty standing tumbling.. handspring step-out through to series. get rid of front spots and put up another stunt group. 2 mans are legal in lvl 2. if you are able to do that then you need to. you need squad baskets, plus specialty baskets somewhere in the routine.. meaning variation of arms. front flexibilty is needed. to max out you also need at least 4 lvl 2 appropriate release moves.

There is so much more that you can do to max out... LVL 2 is really easy.. take a lvl 5 and dumb it down to lvl 2 skills, and the score sheet is the exact same. Im really good with lvl 2 stunting and pyramids. If you or your gym needs help with those, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]
If i remember correctly

this youth 2 last season was amazing:... They completely showed out on us at a competition. So pretty sure he has you on the right track!! Lol

The way I read everything you have listed, you max out in everything BUT baskets. Is there more you could do, yes, but does everything you have listed (minus baskets) get you in the "range", yes. The jumps connected to forward roll is a level 2 element, but that goes towards your standing tumbling score (which you already have). Others may do more but execution will (should be) the difference. You complete the necessary structures and transitions to get in the "max" ranges.

I like the toe forward roll, if and only if it is an actual DIVE roll. If not, then it's level 1. Other than that, everyones leading you on the right track so far. Don't forget though that execution is worth more than dofficulty if your at a varsity event ( because everyone will be scoring either in medium or high on EVERY category but there's a one point range for execution).
Basically it breaks down to around .5 in difficulty and 1 point possible for execution for every category of you assume everyone will be doing at least mid range. From listening to Justin, we will see those technique scores open up a lot more. So if the rputine you have scores mid to high on every category AND is super clean, only add the couple of obvious upgrades that shouldn't be too hard, and then pick carefully what you do afterwards. If your technique drops, it can kill whatever points you added (which would only be a couple of tenths at most, while you might lose half a point in execution)
It is really easy to get caught up in difficulty and while you should worry about it, don't lose sight of the big picture.

Back