All-Star Most Embarassing Cheer Moment

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm the flyer in a front center group extension, and basically I fell backwards onto my head :/ It didn't hurt in the moment , but I had a headache when I got off the floor. It was only embarrassing because everyone from my WHOLE GYM knew it was me who fell and according to some people it was the scariest fall of the whole competition. -____- Yeaaaa........

Warmed up pass tumbling during practice a few years ago and completely skid across the mat going into a handspring. I felt like such a tumble-tard!

Today I was doing back tucks off the end of the tumble track into the pit and I wasn't thinking and I ached and did the weird, frog legged back tuck and landed on my face.

One time this year, I had just landed a really nice double, and i was walking backwards to my pyramid, when i was in the middle of a shimmy and hair whip, i tripped over the mat and fell straight to my butt. I am last pass, so of course you could see it. and to top it off the photographer got a pictures of me doing my shimmy, then falling, and then getting up all embarrassed....

One time this year, I had just landed a really nice double, and i was walking backwards to my pyramid, when i was in the middle of a shimmy and hair whip, i tripped over the mat and fell straight to my butt. I am last pass, so of course you could see it. and to top it off the photographer got a pictures of me doing my shimmy, then falling, and then getting up all embarrassed....

Lol this sounds like something I would do...

I forgot a whole two 8 counts of my dance a few years ago. I was in the front. Needless to say, it was very noticeable.

1. In high school, I was walking so fast to my spot in the cheer that I knocked into our tiniest flyer and took her down... It looked like a football play, dead center of the routine lol

2. In college, doing the halftime routine at a basketball game, I landed my bhs with my skirt pulled all the way up, and my spankies pulled up, exposing my butt cheeks to the crowd. I didn't want to get in trouble for fixing my skirt, so I did the whole rest of the routine like that lol

3. I had a layout and a tuck at one point in my life, so not a super advanced tumbler, but perfectly capable of showing lower level skills during tumbling. In my first year of being on tumbling staff, I was teaching a Level 1 tumbling class and demonstrating a proper roundoff rebound. I wasn't used to tumbling on a spring floor... I rebounded way high and when I landed, I broke my ankle lmao... on a ROUNDOFF

Oh walking out on stage at Canadian Nationals and tripping up onto the mat, it was oh so lovely

Ummmmm... don't tell me someone else did that as well? That was my big trick this past Canadian Nationals -- tripped on the mat running on (first no less), did an awkward stumble and then turned it into a sort of dive roll to keep from eating the mat hard. I'm NEVER going on first again, going to stay at the back of the pack just like I always did before.

The other one that I still get grief for is when I was a spectator for the day. After a long day of sitting and standing around I wandered into the back where some people were just doing a bit of stunting and tumbling on the warm up mats. So without any warm up whatsoever I just stepped onto the mat and threw a back tuck -- straight to my face. Got right up and did one correctly immediately after but it was too late, damage done. So for more than two weeks I had to explain to people how I got one cheek, my entire nose and half of my forehead scraped off.

1. In high school, I was walking so fast to my spot in the cheer that I knocked into our tiniest flyer and took her down... It looked like a football play, dead center of the routine lol

2. In college, doing the halftime routine at a basketball game, I landed my bhs with my skirt pulled all the way up, and my spankies pulled up, exposing my butt cheeks to the crowd. I didn't want to get in trouble for fixing my skirt, so I did the whole rest of the routine like that lol

3. I had a layout and a tuck at one point in my life, so not a super advanced tumbler, but perfectly capable of showing lower level skills during tumbling. In my first year of being on tumbling staff, I was teaching a Level 1 tumbling class and demonstrating a proper roundoff rebound. I wasn't used to tumbling on a spring floor... I rebounded way high and when I landed, I broke my ankle lmao... on a ROUNDOFF

Yea I know the feeling I have the same skills and I broke my ankle doing a roundoff. A skill that oh I don't know maybe that I have had since I was about 5 !!! Frustrating sitting out the whole 2nd half of the season!!

Our owner, Nikki, will kill us for sharing this info...but we're gonna do it anyways! One time, she was cheering at the Chicago Bears game, the fans were cheering for her to tumble, so, without paying any attention to the fact that it had just rained, she goes for it (what was supposed to be a round off, flip flop, full), on the flip flop portion, her hands slipped and she landed right on her head! We wish we could say that was the embarrassing part...Not only, did she stand up(head covered in mudd), but she stood up to face an array of TV cameras. Needless to say, all of america watched this all go down! Ask her about it...just, uh, don't tell her we told you... :)

I blanked transitioning from stunts to running tumbling one time my 9th grade year. I just stood there looking around in the middle of the mat while everyone moved to the outside to start tumbling. I was supposed to be in the first tumbling group from the front to the back....so I saw a heard of tumblers coming towards me and I had to run to the back of the mat to avoid getting knocked out.

Today I was doing back tucks off the end of the tumble track into the pit and I wasn't thinking and I ached and did the weird, frog legged back tuck and landed on my face.
that sounds like me! i was trying to do a standing full off tumble track, and spots freak me out... and i thought i could just try it on my own my first time. i missed the pit and landed on my face. like flat on my face, and my face was all scratched up too for the next week.

Back