Mtv Producer Looking For Some Guidance

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apparently, this is where the UK beats the USA to the punch...

*On second though, this link isn't appropriate for the non 18 crowd. But you can google it I guess....

I can't decide if this is super fake, or super sad. Like....we live in a world where a good idea for a show is people trying to twerk? And how would cheerleaders be the target competitors for this kind of thing? I mean....when you can tumble and fly and do all kinds of epic stuff, being asked to simply twerk seems like a bit of a slap in the face to the whole sport!

TOTALY believe it's real... I'm an avid MTV "True Life" watcher (only show I still watch on the channel)... And you'd be shocked at some of the themes of the show (I simply can't watch them all), however it's a brilliant human interest/bio show. This is what we live now. I had a cheerleader on my squad last year who was obsessed with "urban slang" the word "lit" and "chill"... She used them in every sentence and was convinced we needed to put them in cheers?!?! Any time a new catch phrase came up she would use it... I would always say at practice, here we go again "true life: I'm obsessed with Urban dictionary"...
I suppose Today it's : "true life: I'm training for Twerking gold"

TOTALY believe it's real... I'm an avid MTV "True Life" watcher (only show I still watch on the channel)... And you'd be shocked at some of the themes of the show (I simply can't watch them all), however it's a brilliant human interest/bio show. This is what we live now. I had a cheerleader on my squad last year who was obsessed with "urban slang" the word "lit" and "chill"... She used them in every sentence and was convinced we needed to put them in cheers?!?! Any time a new catch phrase came up she would use it... I would always say at practice, here we go again "true life: I'm obsessed with Urban dictionary"...

Oh my goodness!!! That would drive me a bit insane!

I must admit, I totally watched True Life all the time. Is it even still on though? I watch The Challenge on MTV and sometimes ridiculousness, but that's about it. That channel can be pretty off the deep end, so I guess it wouldn't be too far off to focus a whole hour or more on twerking..... Even typing that feels wrong!

Hahah I can just picture a high schooler spiriting and saying like "let's go hawks, it's lit!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cracking up at this thread! Made my morning! [emoji23][emoji23]

Lit and chill are staple words in cp's vocabulary.

Hahah I can just picture a high schooler spiriting and saying like "let's go hawks, it's lit!"

By the end of the season I got her to dial it back... My argument was that we would have to use "catch phrase" lingo that appealed to the WHOLE crowd and its respective diverse age range. Like: Rad, dope, sweet, poppin, jammin', and my fave: swell. :)

By the end of the season I got her to dial it back... My argument was that we would have to use "catch phrase" lingo that appealed to the WHOLE crowd and its respective diverse age range. Like: Rad, dope, sweet, poppin, jammin', and my fave: swell. :)

Hahha that would have been great [emoji23]

Let's go raiders, swell defense!

Cracking up at this thread! Made my morning! [emoji23][emoji23]

Right? I have been laughing a little too hard at my desk this week over this thread. If I keep this up my boss is going to figure out I'm not working on paperwork right now! haha

Back