All-Star Must-read Books!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm currently stampeding through the whole GoT series. It's a bit much, as I'm easily invested in books to the point where I cry when bad things happen. And Sansa makes me want to spit nails.

I think everyone everywhere should read Atlas Shrugged. It's heavy and makes you think (and yes, it's a bit idealistic), but my goodness is there a lot to think about. 18+ crowd though.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter and The Lovely Bones, Rant by Chuck Palinuck, Harry Potter..I'm a busy reading bee!

uqu2azyd.jpg

This book is actually a lot funnier then it looks, I also really enjoyed invisible monsters by chuck palahnuik, the time travellers wife by audrey niffenegger (SO much better then the film), speak by laurie halse anderson, and the mortal instruments series by cassandra clare

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein is still one of my favorite books i've ever read. It is about the life of a man and his dog, but from his dog's point of view (with an awesome ending!). I love animals, especially dogs and the book was comforting and heartwarming to read especially after my first dog had passed away.

I love anything by Ellen Hopkins--she has both a collection of books for Young Adults and Teens. Even though I'm 22, I love the younger teen books, because they're so easy to read, and I think she did a huge thing writing about some of those topics as a way of reaching out to kids and talking about what happens when you make the wrong decisions. My 16 year old sister reads them as well, and my mom was very iffy about it at first (she probably started reading them about 3 years ago), but because I talked so highly about them, and how positive they are, she let it go.
I go out of my way to read books that my daughters are reading: some fun - twilight, percy jackson series, Hunger Games and others serious: 13 reasons why, my sister's keeper. I find this gives me a way to connect with them on certain topics. I love that we can talk about the books we are both reading. I recommend it to any parent. Because of my daughter's HS Class assignment I read "The Devil in the White City" - fascinating read about Chicago.

I go out of my way to read books that my daughters are reading: some fun - twilight, percy jackson series, Hunger Games and others serious: 13 reasons why, my sister's keeper. I find this gives me a way to connect with them on certain topics. I love that we can talk about the books we are both reading. I recommend it to any parent. Because of my daughter's HS Class assignment I read "The Devil in the White City" - fascinating read about Chicago.

13 reasons why is another favorite of mine. so good. And usually my mom is very good about literature and what it's about (she teaches children's lit and english at a community college), so she knew what they were about--but they're about drug addiction, teenage pregnancy, teenage prostitution, suicide, mental illnesses, etc. But the way Hopkins writes about them shows how NOT-glamorous those things are.

Back