All-Star Must Read

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok - so GA is obvious at this point - I think i know NC but what up with IL?
just dig through the archives... there were some crazy threads going on - mostly during the past season

Well you can't really dig through because the threads were deleted. Funny, if I recall correctly they were deleted because the threat of lawsuits was being thrown around left and right (at kingston I believe and me for sure). I guess threatening to sue for slander, harassment, defamation of character, etc. is what people do when all the skeletons come flying out of their closet and they don't know what else to do.

You'll note there was no lawsuit from Famous either. I'm assuming someone looked up the definition of the word slander and found out that in order to win a lawsuit they'd have to be able to prove what was said was untrue...

When he said people become cheerleaders to be popular and noticed and that gymnasts get forgotten I wanted to hit him.
Its like he WANTED to reinforce the negative stereotype!! Like theres nothing else that could attract to cheer besides popularity? Really? You couldnt even mention the athleticism? UGH

And here we are with athletes jumping gyms for the promise of money and fame... He's not the only one reinforcing the stereotype

just saw this on twitter

Trinity Athletics ‏@trinitycheer
A PUBLIC REPSONSE FROM @GianniDeNegri for @cheerupdates and @Cheerleading_A #silentnomore A Public Response From Gianni DeNegri - Google Drive
What a joke! Confirmation that all the money in the world can't make a successful business. Good luck with that lawsuit..... Speaking of luck - I wish Trinity luck this season - they are certainly going to need it. If I had a kid at that gym I would be hightailing it to Craptastic All-stars begging them for a spot on their Senior Silver team.

Oh fine, I'll go for it...
30570290.jpg

What a joke! Confirmation that all the money in the world can't make a successful business. Good luck with that lawsuit..... Speaking of luck - I wish Trinity luck this season - they are certainly going to need it. If I had a kid at that gym I would be hightailing it to Craptastic All-stars begging them for a spot on their Senior Silver team.

We would love to have them at Craptastic! If they make the switch we will give them all the paper they need for the year that they are enrolled and unlimited time to their own personal throne! Cheerlebrity is so last year. Craptastic is where is is at!:D

I'd just like to say that my daughter's dance school is named Trinity. I just logged onto my email (after following all this all night) and there was an email from "Trinity Booster Club". Not gonna lie, for a split second I forgot all about my own child and her dancing and I was :eek::eek::eek:

:p

#DEAD

I might get a wee bit of hate for this, but whatever:
To some extent, I can understand it. How many of us talk about loving cheer and wanting to make it our job? Acting's my first love, and I might never make more than $500 with it (ever, in my life). But if someone offered me big bucks to act, even if it's in some cheesy studio flick, I can't say I wouldn't consider it. Someone is offering to make you feel special and appreciated, basically pay your way to cheer (and considering how expensive cheer is, who wouldn't want to go THAT cost-free?!), and do all sorts of things that kids only dream of (be on tv, have their own CLOTHING LINE? And considering kids now more than ever rank being famous over being liked as their greatest desire, I'm not surprised). Sounds like fun, doesn't it? It's a bit ridiculous, but I can't imagine many people wouldn't at least take HALF of that deal if offered. As far as they know, they're not selling their soul. As long as the money isn't going to fund some crazy drug habit..

Plus, if it was supposed to be college money, that's another HUGE bonus. College is WICKED expensive, as we all know. Less cheer money= more college money PLUS if some proceeds were college funds, that's even more.

Oh I don't blame the kids or parents at all. I probably would have seriously thought about taking the deal. I don't think these kids are going to get half of what they offered but cheering for free?
However, I have completely lost all respect for Trinity as I am sure most of the cheer world has. I don't think they will be able to recover from this. Sure they may have teams but that doesn't mean people aren't going to see the uniforms on the floor and wrinkle their noses and start gossiping. I wouldn't wish that on any child so I feel terribly sorry that their coaches decisions will most likely subject them to that.

Where is Trinity getting all the money to pay for this stuff? Seems like they aren't getting much in gym fees because they are paying for them...

Back