All-Star My Nca Rant!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did anyone notice the random guy that walked in and stood right in front of the judges as GT Platinum performed Day 2...I think he was drunk...all i could do was watch him get yanked up by security

This is one of the reasons I like Cheersport - you can stand down in front and yell and scream your butt off or if you're like me (crazy-nervous when my cp is on), you can stand in back, still yell and scream your butt off, yet see everything and not block anyone's view. I get aggravated when someone stands in front of me during a performance. Or worse, when a group of 10 people decide to stand up and discuss as a group where they're going next while a team is performing. #pleasemoveweretryingtowatch #getoutofourwayorimgoingtoloseit

But NCA doesn't have that ability. So the people in the stands have to be conscious of everyone around them. Stand up before and after a perfomance and that's fine. During is not.

Guess we will have to disagree on this one. It's a sporting event, people stand up and cheer at sporting events. With all of the other rude actions at a cheer event, I'm somewhat surprised that this is even on the radar.

I don't think any of us are going to understand. What done is done....if she withdrew from the conversation, its probably best that its dropped and not egged on for the sake of understanding...
Well...you are welcome to that opinion but she did start a thread called My NCA Rant....me asking to understand her position is in line with the thread regardless of her regret now for starting the topic....no big deal...and clearly I'm not alone...;)

I can't stay in my seat during a volleyball match because I start moving how I want my girls to move lol At cheer comps I'm the girl who randomly stands during exciting parts..my body just kinda does its own thing lol

I can't stay in my seat during a volleyball match because I start moving how I want my girls to move lol At cheer comps I'm the girl who randomly stands during exciting parts..my body just kinda does its own thing lol
Oh my goodness...I agree...I totally do not mind if in the moment of excitement someone jumps up...heck...when Smoed hit their stunt..I jumped up...but quickly sat back down so people behind me could see them too....but I just think standing for the whole routine is rude...like my mom is old and can't stand very long....what if someone stood inn front of her? Nca has great seating and you can see fine sitting on you butt in your chair...:)

Well...you are welcome to that opinion but she did start a thread called My NCA Rant....me asking to understand her position is in line with the thread regardless of her regret now for starting the topic....no big deal...and clearly I'm not alone...;)

But she didn't.

There is absolutelty no harm in agreeing to disagree and moving along, especially when one party has already bowed out of the discussion. I don't agree with her post either...but back and forth discussion after the general consensus was that she was in the wrong.... eh.

But she didn't.

There is absolutelty no harm in agreeing to disagree and moving along, especially when one party has already bowed out of the discussion. I don't agree with her post either...but back and forth discussion after the general consensus was that she was in the wrong.... eh.
your best option is to vote down the thread...:)

I'm going to withdraw from this conversation now. This was an exchange that happened with me and a stranger, it is not representative of my gym ...... In fact I believe she targeted me directly because I was the smallest person in the group, because I had a cheer bow in my hair (don't ask...superstitions run deep at SOT) she probably thought I was a kid. Next to me was a cheer dad that looks like he stepped out of Jersey Shore, she didn't yank on his shirt...or any of the other 7 people standing with me.
Listen if she had walked the 3 stairs down to me and said "Hey we really want to see Spirit perform and I know your with the gym, could y'all squish down or sit so we can see I'd appreciate it." I probably would have, but she didn't.
cheermommaRN I don't think you should regret posting this. It's a good topic for discussion, since maybe SOT and other programs that ask their parents to do this - anywhere at any competition - weren't aware of how strongly other spectators feel about it.

Many of us have been fans of SOT for a long time and hold their program in the highest regard as they seem to stay out of the controversy more than any major program. Class act. And the way these people reacted WAS rude.

As far as that person choosing you as their target, sometimes these dummies don't realize that dynamite comes in small packages. Pick your opponent carefully. LOL.

Back