All-Star My Nca Rant!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i just love watching this division!!! and i was blessed to get to work with them this season. cant wait for the next season!!!
i watched your team both days and fell in love with them! THey do the wop better then anyone i know :) Loved it!

NCA Rant :mad: :
1) Extremely long line at Starbucks - BUT - very, very friendly and nice Starbucks people.
2) Cash only ticketing.
3) No saving seats did not work at Arena - so many empty seats - well, not really empty, full of sweaters and hoodies, no human body.
4) No parking spot available at underground parking - at 8 am on Day 2.
5) Saving the best for last - waited so long to watch WC Shooting Stars - right when it started, one ENTIRE team decided that it was time to get up leave the arena - of course, walking past my family and I. BUT - they were doing it only coz they were told by their coach to, "quick, get up now and follow me" - AND - they were saying, "I'm sorry" all the time - every.single.time they passed us. Of course, we missed most of WC routine.

I really dont have anything to rant about beside the fact that there was only ONE atm. Other then that everyone was veryyy kind, that i encountered. Even though i didnt appreciate the parents from another gym that came and sat right in the CA section day two and started talking bad about my team....I let it go. Whats done is done. See everyone at worlds!

NCA Rant :mad: :
1) Extremely long line at Starbucks - BUT - very, very friendly and nice Starbucks people.
2) Cash only ticketing.
3) No saving seats did not work at Arena - so many empty seats - well, not really empty, full of sweaters and hoodies, no human body.
4) No parking spot available at underground parking - at 8 am on Day 2.
5) Saving the best for last - waited so long to watch WC Shooting Stars - right when it started, one ENTIRE team decided that it was time to get up leave the arena - of course, walking past my family and I. BUT - they were doing it only coz they were told by their coach to, "quick, get up now and follow me" - AND - they were saying, "I'm sorry" all the time - every.single.time they passed us. Of course, we missed most of WC routine.
I agree, the seat saving in the arena was a little out of hand. All I kept reading about before we went was that there is no seat saving allowed in the arena. That's a joke! We walked in a full 40 minutes before the Large Sr5 session and people were saving full rows all over the place. I don't mind 1 or 2 seats here and there for your friends, but seriously ENTIRE ROWS?? One woman was sitting in the middle of a row in the lower section and had three ENTIRE ROWS covered with jackets and bags. Just ridiculous!

I agree, the seat saving in the arena was a little out of hand. All I kept reading about before we went was that there is no seat saving allowed in the arena. That's a joke! We walked in a full 40 minutes before the Large Sr5 session and people were saving full rows all over the place. I don't mind 1 or 2 seats here and there for your friends, but seriously ENTIRE ROWS?? One woman was sitting in the middle of a row in the lower section and had three ENTIRE ROWS covered with jackets and bags. Just ridiculous!

And this is when NCA personnel should step in and enforce the no saving seats policy. I agree - 2 or 3 seats, no big deal. Last Year I brought to the attention of one of the NCA staff in B hall that 7 people were saving 5 rows, we're talking about upwards of 50+ seats for one gym. Nothing was done.

We had absolutely no problem with anything at all there this weekend. They brought us milk and cookies to our door. Cleaned our room early so it was done in time for my nap between our morning teams and my 3:00 check in. Recommended an amazing restaurant and got us in without having to wait the 45 minute estimated wait. Absolutely LOVED this hotel. Already booked for next year!
I'm glad you had no problems, and I'm sure there are several others that didn't either. Don't get me wrong, I liked the actual hotel, amenities, and all. I even used the bathroom tv! But like me, I saw several other who had to end up waiting in the lobby because rooms weren't ready. Over an hour past a scheduled check in isn't good business to me. Other than that, all was good except my cold dead fries from room service. I was too hungry to care at that point tho.

Guess we will have to disagree on this one. It's a sporting event, people stand up and cheer at sporting events. With all of the other rude actions at a cheer event, I'm somewhat surprised that this is even on the radar.

I see the basis for your point of view, but all sporting events are different. Certain things are acceptable at one, and not at another. However, I find with cheerleading in particular analogies between other sports rarely work anyway. On this topic however, I didn't intend to point fingers at anybody. I just got caught up in the SOT irony. I didn't mean to pick on them, because there were several other name gyms guilty of blocking views too.

I have to say I witnessed a group of fans (i won't mention the team, but we were on their home turf) tell a young girl of 8 to STAND on the chair if she wanted to see the team that was performing. The little girl was crying and her family was very upset. This was the first time they had ever been to NCA and had heard so much about this particular team. None of us (i was a row back) could see this team perform. But you know what? Karma always comes back to get ya.

I have to say I witnessed a group of fans (i won't mention the team, but we were on their home turf) tell a young girl of 8 to STAND on the chair if she wanted to see the team that was performing. The little girl was crying and her family was very upset. This was the first time they had ever been to NCA and had heard so much about this particular team. None of us (i was a row back) could see this team perform. But you know what? Karma always comes back to get ya.
i wont name names either but i also heard a simalar incident happen. i wonder if it was the same team

I think spectators annoyed me this weekend more than anything else. People were just rude. And for the first time in all the years I have been involved in cheer with my kids, this was the 1st year I actually thought I was going to get into a fight with someone in the arena. We had come in to watch IOC before running back to D Hall for Jr 2, we quickly found seats and sat as a group (probably 7 or 8 of us) the section next to us was filled with Spirit fans. When IOC came out we stood up doing our cheer and waited for them to start. If you know anything about our gym it's that we stay standing for the entire routine! IOC starts and I feel someone full on yanking on my shirt (I don't mean a tap or tug but like trying to pull me down into my seat). I turn around and some random lady says "You need to sit down!" I tell her "Oh this is our gym, we always stand." The response I get is "I don't care you need to sit down". Now I could understand if I was cheering for SE, by all means I'll sit, but this was our gym, our coaches team! I told her "NO! We are not sitting down get over yourself!" She tells me "Well that is just so rude!" I say "Lady I don't even know who you are? So unless you want me to go find security don't touch me again!"
If you want to see the team sooooo bad then stand up!! We were halfway up the upper section of the arena so I know you can at least climb stairs...no reason you can't stand like everyone else! We ended up leaving right after they were done but I was so angry I never went back to the arena Sunday.
Oh and evidently people don't understand what "you can't save seats" means. One group was trying to hold a section for themselves with blankets. This is not a local cracker jack competition people, it's NCA. If you want those seats so bad then sit in them and get there early like everyone else!

So many things to say about this "rant:"

• Possibly the person behind you did say "excuse me," but in your excitement you didn't hear.
  • Possibly they next tapped you lightly, but in your excitement you didn't feel.
  • Personally, I'm so proud of my gym I want EVERYONE to be able to see them perform.
  • Just because everyone at your gym chooses to be rude to other spectators by standing in front of them it doesn't mean you have to also.

I'm going to withdraw from this conversation now. This was an exchange that happened with me and a stranger, it is not representative of my gym and people are starting to get a little to general and it is sliding downhill fast. I have never asked someone in front of me to sit down when it was their gym's team and I would never stay standing if someone behind me had an issue that prevented them from standing or if they were elderly or their kid was on stage. This person had nothing going on to prevent her from standing and in NO WAY did she have the right to put her hands on me. That in itself goes beyond any kind of "rudeness" I displayed by not sitting. In fact I believe she targeted me directly because I was the smallest person in the group, because I had a cheer bow in my hair (don't ask...superstitions run deep at SOT) she probably thought I was a kid. Next to me was a cheer dad that looks like he stepped out of Jersey Shore, she didn't yank on his shirt...or any of the other 7 people standing with me.
Listen if she had walked the 3 stairs down to me and said "Hey we really want to see Spirit perform and I know your with the gym, could y'all squish down or sit so we can see I'd appreciate it." I probably would have, but she didn't.

Seems to me that you had another two paragraphs worth of stuff to say AFTER you withdrew from the conversation.

Not agreeing with the entire standing up during your teams performance but I would be TICKED if someone yanked on me to sit down and you all know that you wouldn't be happy with it either!!! A nice tap with a please followed behind it will suffice!!!

Back