All-Star My Nca Rant!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think spectators annoyed me this weekend more than anything else. People were just rude. And for the first time in all the years I have been involved in cheer with my kids, this was the 1st year I actually thought I was going to get into a fight with someone in the arena. We had come in to watch IOC before running back to D Hall for Jr 2, we quickly found seats and sat as a group (probably 7 or 8 of us) the section next to us was filled with Spirit fans. When IOC came out we stood up doing our cheer and waited for them to start. If you know anything about our gym it's that we stay standing for the entire routine! IOC starts and I feel someone full on yanking on my shirt (I don't mean a tap or tug but like trying to pull me down into my seat). I turn around and some random lady says "You need to sit down!" I tell her "Oh this is our gym, we always stand." The response I get is "I don't care you need to sit down". Now I could understand if I was cheering for SE, by all means I'll sit, but this was our gym, our coaches team! I told her "NO! We are not sitting down get over yourself!" She tells me "Well that is just so rude!" I say "Lady I don't even know who you are? So unless you want me to go find security don't touch me again!"
If you want to see the team sooooo bad then stand up!! We were halfway up the upper section of the arena so I know you can at least climb stairs...no reason you can't stand like everyone else! We ended up leaving right after they were done but I was so angry I never went back to the arena Sunday.
Oh and evidently people don't understand what "you can't save seats" means. One group was trying to hold a section for themselves with blankets. This is not a local cracker jack competition people, it's NCA. If you want those seats so bad then sit in them and get there early like everyone else!
I'm sorry I don't agree, I want to see every team especially for the price I paid at the door. I understand you want to stand and show support and wish I could stand at the stage when my CP is performing but I love coming to NCA to see teams I don't usually see at local competitions. I would say you need to take the top row if you want to stand the entire routine. I don't mind someone standing and cheering then sitting when the routine starts.

Not agreeing with the entire standing up during your teams performance but I would be TICKED if someone yanked on me to sit down and you all know that you wouldn't be happy with it either!!! A nice tap with a please followed behind it will suffice!!!
Now that was rude, a tap followed by excuse me would have been fine.

I think that the extent of this thread is reflecting poorly on Spirit and doesn't represent how the program really feels. Spirit is a class act through and through. Hopefully everyone else got to see that this weekend, outside of this incident.
I sat next to a SOT mom for about 6 hours on Sunday and we had a great time, she cheered for my gym and I stood with her and cheered for her daughters team, but we sat down when the routine started. We hugged at the end like we were old friends.

So many things to say about this "rant:"

• Possibly the person behind you did say "excuse me," but in your excitement you didn't hear.
  • Possibly they next tapped you lightly, but in your excitement you didn't feel.
  • Personally, I'm so proud of my gym I want EVERYONE to be able to see them perform.
  • Just because everyone at your gym chooses to be rude to other spectators by standing in front of them it doesn't mean you have to also.

You're probably so right!

Just an overall spectator rant. People need to be courtious no matter what. On Saturday, I got yelled at by a parent of another gym. It was 7:00 at night, I had been there, as a coach, with multiple teams in all but 1 hall...for over 11 hours without a real break. I was walking and she ran into me, she said excuse me, I said excuse me, but then...I realized that my body was on auto pilot...I couldn't stop myself from moving so as she stopped in front of me to apologize, I simply ran right into her. I tried to apologize but she just turned around and started yelling at me...the only thing that made her stop is that while she was yelling at me, who was behind her, she then trampled over a small child.

We all just need to be kind to each other. None of us are wearing a flashing sign above their head that says "Having a bad day" or "my CP just fell out of every stunt and did a round off back face plant across the front." We are all human and should be nice regardless. What ever happened to the golden rule?

I sat next to a SOT mom for about 6 hours on Sunday and we had a great time, she cheered for my gym and I stood with her and cheered for her daughters team, but we sat down when the routine started. We hugged at the end like we were old friends.
I have experienced this at several competitions....bonding with a complete stranger over our love of cheerleading and our lucky children who are a part of it! Makes for really nice memories...:)

A mom of ours sat on a chair and accidently sat on the end of the another ladies purse shoulder straps. She was yelled at that her "fat a$$" was on her purse to to "move it". Geezzz ..... this poor mom spent the rest of the weekend looking in the mirror thinking ... "is my butt really that big?"

She was lucky it was her purse straps your friend sat on...my left thigh was pinned under a 300 pound woman because we both ran for the same seat ...she didn't even realize there was a human being under her butt 'til I yelled.

I think that the extent of this thread is reflecting poorly on Spirit and doesn't represent how the program really feels. Spirit is a class act through and through. Hopefully everyone else got to see that this weekend, outside of this incident.

We know someone on SOT, her Mom sat with us on Sunday. We did not have the annoying issue of her standing up thought out her daughters teams stellar performance ...

Just an overall spectator rant. People need to be courtious no matter what. On Saturday, I got yelled at by a parent of another gym. It was 7:00 at night, I had been there, as a coach, with multiple teams in all but 1 hall...for over 11 hours without a real break. I was walking and she ran into me, she said excuse me, I said excuse me, but then...I realized that my body was on auto pilot...I couldn't stop myself from moving so as she stopped in front of me to apologize, I simply ran right into her. I tried to apologize but she just turned around and started yelling at me...the only thing that made her stop is that while she was yelling at me, who was behind her, she then trampled over a small child.

We all just need to be kind to each other. None of us are wearing a flashing sign above their head that says "Having a bad day" or "my CP just fell out of every stunt and did a round off back face plant across the front." We are all human and should be nice regardless. What ever happened to the golden rule?

Hahaha! This made me laugh out loud! This is almost as good as when our coach said "punch front step out flying squirrel to the face" at our first awards banquet :)

My rant would be saving seats and being negative.

NCA is the competition that many really look forward to attending no matter what level. This event has many teams of all shapes an talents, lots of excitement, all levels showing off what they can do, and an amazing efficient program even with the people walking in front of you when your attempting to watching performances.

It was truly heartbreaking to hear negative remarks about teams when walking by "Don't know why you come here, your not any good", "the only team any good from that gym is their special needs team", and "you don't belong in this level" .

Really ...

It was truly heartbreaking to hear negative remarks about teams when walking by "Don't know why you come here, your not any good", "the only team any good from that gym is their special needs team", and "you don't belong in this level" .

Really ...

Oh wow.. did anyone say that? That was rude!

Back