All-Star My Thoughts On This Weekend From Behind My Screen

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think people saw these teams coming, they were just in denial. You just can't ignore the fact that F5 came into the season looking like they had world champs stamped on their foreheads, T&S has always been right up there with SOT, Panthers have been carefully trimming a great large senior team down to a BEAST small senior team, and ACE was undefeated. Either it's denial or people just enjoy debating about the same teams.

people just enjoy debating about the same teams.

Mostly this. Those other teams have developed incredibly loyal (and vocal) followings. The others like F5 (except for Jason), T&S and ACE were always the talented teams that were everyone's 2nd favorite. They always gave a great show, but then did everyone a favor and ended up just short of winning.

This year, that changed and I think (hope) it is a good thing for the sport in improving the overall competitive level. Much like the way Bangkok winning is a good thing for the sport.

Basically whatever @cheerislove8 said... My family can't function at a competition without me... I was too broke to afford VOD... I liked that underdogs became just dogs... But on the other hand, I didn't like that several top teams from previous years dropped.
And also, next year I plan on to kidnap all the boarders from New England and hitch a ride down to Orlando (even if it's a dreaded Fung Wah).

Can I post on a thread about being behind the screen if I was there?

1. It was great to meet so many awesome Fierceboards this weekend. I can't list them all without missing a bunch, but @cheergirl09 is one of the sweetest people ever

2. Everyone who won deserved it. I saw it

3. Holy flipping baskets! Teams have stepped it up and embraced the coed stunting and it looks awesome. I am hopeful it lead to a future of more boys going from Allstar to college opportunities

4. I didn't meet a mean person all weekend, except for the the lady who wouldn't leave the Fierceboard section even after @ohhhlinds was twittering about her and the lady who rudely pushed me out of the way to get in the stands before Small Senior finals: say "excuse me". People will get out of your way!

4a. Fan and athlete Sportsmanship is alive and well. Seriously, F5 girls, Tsu, ACE, PCM is a new favorite, Hot cheer has been all year, a great group of WC parents we sat with on Sunday- everyone is nice out there. We were all wishing each other good luck in the line to cheer teams on for Small Senior- that's right, Cali, Orange, CA, and CEA parents and fans do get along in real life.

5. Holy Small Senior! I think I watched close to 20 hours of this division and more teams were well prepared and hitting than ever.

thoughts....

CA and Rays are the only ones who won in small senior since '05
Rays Green/Spice always placed 5th in large senior since '07
it sucks not having money and not being able to avail the VOD
there were less problems with this year's worlds updates
F5 and every team that won DESERVED it even if Bangkok and GT tied
updates come in so fast...THANK YOU! ;)
seriously...people should stop making fake accounts just to insult other teams...like that's soo GAY
i love all the positivity in the boards besides others commenting on TG Semi's unis

I was hoping the updates went well.

Sorry, but I had to park myself in the Milkhouse the whole time. I hope there were enough people in Jostens.

1. The tweets we're ON POINT. I had texts from the Milk House and tweets (thanks @SharkDad and The Patts!) That pretty much said the exact same thing. No big discrepancies.

2. I have never cried so much while watching routines in my life. Of course I cried for the athletes I know and love, but also with pride at Tsu, Bangkok, Lady Bullets, @ACEDAD 's Bows and Arrows...and on and on. I'm such a punk. ;)

3. Shouts out to @cheerislove8 , @kristenthegreat , @F!ERCE and many with "Teal" in their board name. You made F!ercechat bearable and fun and quickly hopped on it when nasty spammers came in. Plus, no one could've hacked with a password like "Bangkok!" :D

4. The support and unity on chat was really touching. Yup, teared up when everyone - I mean everyone - on chat chanted "Brea" for Tsu and "SSX!" What other sport could you do that for??

I love you guys and I feel like I know you now! Next year, 2 more seats in the Fierce Board section will be filled. xoxo

thoughts....

CA and Rays are the only ones who won in small senior since '05
Rays Green/Spice always placed 5th in large senior since '07
it sucks not having money and not being able to avail the VOD
there were less problems with this year's worlds updates
F5 and every team that won DESERVED it even if Bangkok and GT tied
updates come in so fast...THANK YOU! ;)
seriously...people should stop making fake accounts just to insult other teams...like that's soo GAY
i love all the positivity in the boards besides others commenting on TG Semi's unis

Could you find a word other than "gay" to use? I find using someone's sexuality as an insult quite offensive.

A couple of observations just for fun:

1. You would think by the time they make it to Worlds all the lady cheerleaders would know how to keep a bow in their hair and their hair in a pony! (flying shoes is understandable)
2. Would someone tell the guys that skivvies come in all colors these days and there is no need to wear white skivvies under black uniforms or green stripes under any color uniform????

Great weekend!! So sad I wasn't there!
I wish for some new voice-over talent..... seems like at least 1/2 the teams use the same guy and it is soooo menotinous....

Wish we could have seen the awards ceremonies!

Cheerlebrity twitter was on the mark!!! Whoever it is should have a pay per tweet next year lol!

I agree with Babs on the bows.... come on girls you are seniors and have probably competed a gazillion times you should know how to attach your bows so they do not come off!

I'd also like to say that the tweeters this weekend were pretty accurate. Good on you for unifying your tweets and having very few discrepancies (most of which were due to location and not always seeing with the angle).

SharkDad said:
Can I post on a thread about being behind the screen if I was there?

1. It was great to meet so many awesome Fierceboards this weekend. I can't list them all without missing a bunch, but @cheergirl09 is one of the sweetest people ever

2. Everyone who won deserved it. I saw it

3. Holy flipping baskets! Teams have stepped it up and embraced the coed stunting and it looks awesome. I am hopeful it lead to a future of more boys going from Allstar to college opportunities

4. I didn't meet a mean person all weekend, except for the the lady who wouldn't leave the Fierceboard section even after @ohhhlinds was twittering about her and the lady who rudely pushed me out of the way to get in the stands before Small Senior finals: say "excuse me". People will get out of your way!

4a. Fan and athlete Sportsmanship is alive and well. Seriously, F5 girls, Tsu, ACE, PCM is a new favorite, Hot cheer has been all year, a great group of WC parents we sat with on Sunday- everyone is nice out there. We were all wishing each other good luck in the line to cheer teams on for Small Senior- that's right, Cali, Orange, CA, and CEA parents and fans do get along in real life.

5. Holy Small Senior! I think I watched close to 20 hours of this division and more teams were well prepared and hitting than ever.

Thank you SharkDad! It was nice meeting you!!!! :)

Thank you so much for the updates!!! I had info before some of the ppl actually there LOL!
I sat behind him (this is probably really creepy seeing as i didn't talk to him hahaha) and he had his ipad out with the team name all ready to go before the music even started!

Back