All-Star Nca Arena Stage

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheetahmom

Cheer Parent
Nov 14, 2010
I just wanted to complement Varsity on the beautiful setup in the arena! It was first class all the way. The lights, screens and sound was just flat out jaw dropping. I loved how in the pictures the team name is the backdrop and when they announced the national champions it came across the top. It was absolutely stunning!

---
I am here: Google Maps

From a spectator point of view it was amazing. I brought family who had never been to a single cheer competition ever and they were blown away. So much energy from the crowd too. Amazing.
My daughter said that they could not hear the music and thought no one was cheering for them because they couldn't really hear it.
Beyond that it felt like you were seeing something really special.

All I could hear on the floor was the initial whistle at the start of our music. I couldn't really hear the crowd either. Other than that I loved every aspect of the competition.

I remember competing in the arena..it was an AMAZING experience, but same thing...every time you could barely hear the music & the crowd...

I don't know if this is as big of a problem as when I was there because not many people do cheers anymore but.. when the crowd says the cheer you literally have to block them out completely because they are about 4 counts behind you.. I don't think you are even really hearing the crowd I think it is their echoes lol.. It was very confusing the first time taking the mat in the arena with the crowd being so behind!!

The Arena is unreal! The "Halls" are lacking significantly. As a spectator or coach your "priority" seating is far away or on the side, definitely not the "ideal" set up. Not sure why you can't be in front of your team? Also just walking to the music table or to your team is confusing lol!

The Arena is unreal! The "Halls" are lacking significantly. As a spectator or coach your "priority" seating is far away or on the side, definitely not the "ideal" set up. Not sure why you can't be in front of your team? Also just walking to the music table or to your team is confusing lol!
Thanks for this feedback. The reason we move the Special Viewing Area is to give the judges an unobstructed view. We recognize that other organizations's Special Viewing Area is directly in front of the floor. At NCA, we want our judges to not be distracted by excited fans, passionate coaches and obstructing signs. With some teams, the performance of the Coaching Staff can oversahdow the athletes. :)
So, moving the parents keeps them (usually) within earshot, yet helps the judges hone in on the routine in front of them.

no I can't handle this. If I can't be in front of my teams I get very upset. I don't mind being 10 feet away but I prefer to stand as close to the stage as possible and I definitely want to be center lol.

Thanks for this feedback. The reason we move the Special Viewing Area is to give the judges an unobstructed view. We recognize that other organizations's Special Viewing Area is directly in front of the floor. At NCA, we want our judges to not be distracted by excited fans, passionate coaches and obstructing signs. With some teams, the performance of the Coaching Staff can oversahdow the athletes. :)
So, moving the parents keeps them (usually) within earshot, yet helps the judges hone in on the routine in front of them.
I completely understand, and appreciate Judges view should come first, just wish there was a happy medium, Hall B seemed to be better/closer view than Hall A. Just letting ya know from a coaches perspective I preferred Hall B coaches set up, felt close enough without feeling too far away. I would like to "suggest" a "coaches route" from backstage-music table-team after performance. I know there were a few poles knocked down (it wasn't me) lol. Thanks again for reading!

I completely understand, and appreciate Judges view should come first, just wish there was a happy medium, Hall B seemed to be better/closer view than Hall A. Just letting ya know from a coaches perspective I preferred Hall B coaches set up, felt close enough without feeling too far away. I would like to "suggest" a "coaches route" from backstage-music table-team after performance. I know there were a few poles knocked down (it wasn't me) lol. Thanks again for reading!
I appreciate the feedback. I copied and pasted most of the comments on this thread and shared them with our Production Manager and Senior Staff. It's one thing to have a coach say the music isn't loud enough, it's another to see multiple athletes comment on it. All good stuff. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Back