All-Star Nca Day 2 Chit Chat

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was so proud of all three teams they were all Amazing. ICE, Super Cells, and Colonels all had award winning routines and very talented athletes. My only issue was when the announcement was made that the Colonels were in second I personally think it was rude for the supercells to start screaming I think each team should be allowed to celebrate their place winner or not. I want to say when the Brandon AllStars won they won with such dignity. I was so impressed that they were so quiet, heads down still praying or silently being joyful, waiting patiently for THEIR name to be called. Kudos to you Brandon you have a group of young people to be proud of.

this has been debated again and again. at the end of the day these are junior aged kids, many who have never even been to nca. they were excited. they just won nca. it's kind of a big deal for them. and cells were not the only team to do this over the weekend. when the buzzer ends at a national championship basketball game, the winning team doesn't stop to shake the hands of their competitors first. they immediately go bonkers as they should. congrats supercells.

I can't speak for Courtney, but the reason I understood was that it was too much traveling on back-to-back weekends so the younger teams that don't go to Worlds went.

To add to this, and I also can't speak for Coutney, but back in the "day" NCA was a Jr thing. Kernersville Jr's was the only team that went. Since Raleigh opened their Jr team goes as well.

NC to Dallas is also an expensive trip. You have to juggle your families abilities to travel to Cheerspot and NCA within a few weeks of each other (Or like this year back to back) and sometimes that's just not an option or what's best for the team dynamics. Pricing people out of our program because of the travel schedule in February just isn't smart business. I can respect that.

Twist and Shout jr5. You are some of the nicest girls!!!

Thank you for this!! This is my daughter's 4th year on T&S J5 and it has been her favorite team yet. This group of kids have been so genuinely nice and helpful to each other. It's awesome to know that that is seen by others in our industry. :)

To me it robs the 2nd place team of their moment...2nd @ NCA is kinda big deal and something to be proud of...let their parents/fans clap, chant show them some love. The 1st place team has all the time in the world to celebrate. Junior age kids should know better....youth aged kids should know better.

I was so proud of all three teams they were all Amazing. ICE, Super Cells, and Colonels all had award winning routines and very talented athletes. My only issue was when the announcement was made that the Colonels were in second I personally think it was rude for the supercells to start screaming I think each team should be allowed to celebrate their place winner or not. I want to say when the Brandon AllStars won they won with such dignity. I was so impressed that they were so quiet, heads down still praying or silently being joyful, waiting patiently for THEIR name to be called. Kudos to you Brandon you have a group of young people to be proud of.

Calling out children's teams by name on a message board is far higher on my poor sportsmanship list than 10-year-olds showing happiness a few seconds earlier than the people in the stands deem proper.

this has been debated again and again. at the end of the day these are junior aged kids, many who have never even been to nca. they were excited. they just won nca. it's kind of a big deal for them. and cells were not the only team to do this over the weekend. when the buzzer ends at a national championship basketball game, the winning team doesn't stop to shake the hands of their competitors first. they immediately go bonkers as they should. congrats supercells.

I agree with this. I don't think any of those kids were being rude in anyway. I know I would have a hard time containing my excitement that exact moment I realized I won an NCA title. Again, these are kids and this was one of the biggest moments of their lives!

My cp's team finished second her last two years at Dallas, and while that is indeed an accomplishment to be proud of, in the moment her team felt only disappointment. I quite honestly don't think they really wanted the focus on them at that moment while they were trying to hold their emotions in check. I as a parent in the stands didn't give one hoot about whether another team was celebrating at the time or not (couldn't tell you one way or another), just wanted to get to my daughter, give her a big hug and tell her how proud I was as I wiped away her tears So really, if you haven't been either the athlete sitting on stage being called in second place or the parent watching, then please don't speak for those of us who have. (Especially in a effort to put down another team!) JMO

I've gotten to the point that watching teams/parents celebrate early doesn't offend me, but if any of my teams ever did it, I would not be okay with that. While I understand they are in the "moment", I still view it as rude. And I definitely would never assume that a team that patiently waits for their name to be called just expected it. I respect gyms that teach their kids to be classy and respectful to their competitors. Teaching self-control to kids is very important, IMO. It's also something that I believe is very lacking in our society today...

I am in no way condoning the athletes for celebrating early, but I know that those girls were completely shocked and overwhelmed with emotion knowing that they won. They have lost several athletes due to injuries in the last month and had to restructure things as a matter of fact they lost an athlete to an injury 2 days before we left to come to Dallas they were just really excited.

I get that the kids get excited and that they are just kids. So that's why it doesn't offend me. But when I see a team that has the ability to show self control in a moment like that, it just shouts class act to me. No offense taken, but no respect given at the same time. If that makes sense.

Back