All-Star Nca Day 2 Chit Chat

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you move your cursor over the actual video a "share" button pops up click it and it will give you a Facebook option.
yes but when i do this the video that pops up is not my teams video...its an advertisment for varsity

I was so proud of all three teams they were all Amazing. ICE, Super Cells, and Colonels all had award winning routines and very talented athletes. My only issue was when the announcement was made that the Colonels were in second I personally think it was rude for the supercells to start screaming I think each team should be allowed to celebrate their place winner or not. I want to say when the Brandon AllStars won they won with such dignity. I was so impressed that they were so quiet, heads down still praying or silently being joyful, waiting patiently for THEIR name to be called. Kudos to you Brandon you have a group of young people to be proud of.

Our gym has always stressed giving the second place team their moment. I understand the excitement and joy engendered when you realize you have won, but control yourselves and show some class. I only attended one awards session this year, but of the 5 divisions awarded, with only one exception, the winners started jumping and screaming as soon as the second place team was announced - not cool.

txcheermom said:
yes but when i do this the video that pops up is not my teams video...its an advertisment for varsity

Does your team's video play AFTER the advertisement for Varsity. I don't know if you've ever watched a show on HULU, but there's always like a random Febreze advertisement before the show you want to watch.

Mclovin said:
I get that the kids get excited and that they are just kids. So that's why it doesn't offend me. But when I see a team that has the ability to show self control in a moment like that, it just shouts class act to me. No offense taken, but no respect given at the same time. If that makes sense.

Agreed. Having that control shows extra poise and grace and should be commended.

There is no reason to fault kids (maybe even parents) for getting excited the moment they realize all their hard work paid off either. As with everything else so long as people are being respectful and congratulating the winners, shaking hands with the losers, sportsmanship is still present.

I am a mom of one of the Supercells, and I am very sorry if our girls seemed disrespectful or seem like they took the moment away from another team. Most of the girls on the team are either former Wind members or returning Cell members and have won national titles before, and have learned how to contain their excitement until their team's name is called. There are a few girls on the team that had never had the opportunity to win a national title and I'm sure got very caught up in the moment. I did noticed that there were only a few that jumped up and screamed when the second place team's name was announced, but I also noticed that other members of the team grabbed them by the hand and sat them back down...so I know that their early celebration was not totally crazy. None the less, I am sorry if it took away from the recognition of the Colonels. This will serve as a good learning experience for the Cells and a reminder to us parents to reinforce good sportsmanship to our girls.

I don't want you to think I'm saying anything about Cells personally. I didn't see the awards ceremony as I was coaching teams in other halls at the time. My comments are a broad statement about the issue in general. Just wanted to clarify. :)

Ughh! You're right.
frown.png
I just checked my page and its not the video, it's the home page of all the videos. I guess you could leave a comment telling your friends to type in your team name in the search bar of the home page???

People need to chill out about all this "banned" talk. Lovecheer was clearly not saying that in a derogatory way. If the word isn't on a ban list that everyone can see then people should learn to use it respectfully like any other words.

There is someone on the boards that a lot of us call as a nickname and she's cool with it. If I ever do in a post, I would hope it wouldn't get me kicked off.

Just to clarify, I am the father of Gabi on TG. I saw the original post and didn't take any offense to it. I have kind of gotten used to it now. Gabi is very small and probably will be since it runs in the fam. We certainly don't want anyone to be banned for any reason. She loves all of her cheer friends out there who she has gotten the opportunity to meet this year and we appreciate everyone's support. It was another amazing weekend in Dallas and we look forward to seeing everyone again at Worlds!

Just to clarify, I am the father of Gabi on TG. I saw the original post and didn't take any offense to it. I have kind of gotten used to it now. Gabi is very small and probably will be since it runs in the fam. We certainly don't want anyone to be banned for any reason. She loves all of her cheer friends out there who she has gotten the opportunity to meet this year and we appreciate everyone's support. It was another amazing weekend in Dallas and we look forward to seeing everyone again at Worlds!

Now I'm confused. :confused: I received a few PM's from another User ID at your IP address stating they were offended by the use of the word fetus describing her and that Gabi would be hurt by it as well.

I wanted to let the ladies of F5 know how proud the parents were to see their great sportsmanship after it was announced that WCSS won. WCSS had a great day 2, and while I am sure it was disappointing to F5, who had a great day 1, they all stood up and did the "WC" world cup cheer when WCSS was announced as winners. Nice to see the great sportsmanship and the respect for the other team. I am just as proud of them for that moment as I was watching their success on Day One. It's F5's year doesn't only mean its their year to win - it is their year to bond as a team, respect their fellow athletes and their coaches, and experience great teamwork and sportsmanship. They did all of that in Dallas - way to go ladies!

It would probably just be easier if we get rid of placements and go over of who deserves it.

No, poor comparison. Celebrate all you want if you win even if early. Winning and losing comes from the judges and is final. Deserve comes from the fans and athletes. You seem to be rather concrete on this subject.

No, poor comparison. Celebrate all you want if you win even if early. Winning and losing comes from the judges and is final. Deserve comes from the fans and athletes. You seem to be rather concrete on this subject.

Trying to be more PC. If people know they have lost before they get to the comp they can decide not to show up and get their hearts broken.

I am a mom of one of the Supercells, and I am very sorry if our girls seemed disrespectful or seem like they took the moment away from another team. Most of the girls on the team are either former Wind members or returning Cell members and have won national titles before, and have learned how to contain their excitement until their team's name is called. There are a few girls on the team that had never had the opportunity to win a national title and I'm sure got very caught up in the moment. I did noticed that there were only a few that jumped up and screamed when the second place team's name was announced, but I also noticed that other members of the team grabbed them by the hand and sat them back down...so I know that their early celebration was not totally crazy. None the less, I am sorry if it took away from the recognition of the Colonels. This will serve as a good learning experience for the Cells and a reminder to us parents to reinforce good sportsmanship to our girls.

I too would like to offer up an apology. I know that the girls that celebrated early was not what we encourage in the gym. I know that these girls were talked to by the other girls. I personally know that my daughter did not approve and as a team we will be better.

Now I'm confused. :confused: I received a few PM's from another User ID at your IP address stating they were offended by the use of the word fetus and that Gabi would be hurt by it as well.

Ahhh, yes, fetus I found to be a little insulting. I didn't see that word used in this post. The post I read just said little, but maybe it got changed. I was new to Fierceboard when I read my very first post referring to my daughter as a fetus. Not having ever heard that term used I was taken aback and thought it wasn't appropriate.

Anyway, I certainly don't want anyone to get banned. This is a message board and at the end of the day that's the beauty of our US Constitution, it allows for free speech. As a cheer dad who loves to support my daughters by trying to understand their sport, I enjoy coming here to read about a world that is very foreign to me. I have learned a lot just by reading some of the posts here on fierceboard. At the end of the day I only want my daughter to be happy and confident and enjoy this fun sport that she loves so much!

I don't want you to think I'm saying anything about Cells personally. I didn't see the awards ceremony as I was coaching teams in other halls at the time. My comments are a broad statement about the issue in general. Just wanted to clarify. :)
McLovin....I didn't take it as you saying anything about Cells personally
wink.png
Your post just happened to be the last one before I replied.

Back