All-Star Nca Day 3 Updates (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wanted to post this commentary on an injustice that occurred over the weekend... What was up with Smoed's treatment towards Angel Rice...That little girl was overworked and totally collapsed in the middle of her 10th tumbling pass (exaggerating)... I was wondering if no one else tumbles on this team...Poor Angel!

What treatment? I didn't see anything on social media from SMO's themselves and everyone on here seemed to agree that she looked exhausted and chances are her save in stunting right before probably played into what happened.

I wanted to post this commentary on an injustice that occurred over the weekend... What was up with Smoed's treatment towards Angel Rice...That little girl was overworked and totally collapsed in the middle of her 10th tumbling pass (exaggerating)... I was wondering if no one else tumbles on this team...Poor Angel!
in their defense two of the guys tumble basically the same amount as her, except for the 2 bounce back passes. but ill agree i dont get why they have her do two bounce back passes to begin with, the first one she does is kind of pointless.

For all I know lil Smo is dealing with everything okay. I don't even think she is on social media. But her teammates feel protective of their Smamily member. And they should. Since posting I was told she is actually 13 years old. Does that make a difference ? Ha!

I'd like to address your reference to comments made when Jenee and Dylan left the team but I don't want to open Pandora's box and get things going again. I think if you knew the whole story you might better understand the remarks, right or wrong. There have been some snarky comments made in the past by Smo's that in my opinion shouldn't have been made and seemed unnecessary. And there is a back story for each one that may or may not justify it. Again, there is no excuse for bad behavior.

The gym policy forbids bullying of any sort, social media or otherwise. So, if you are aware of that occurring please notify someone at California All Stars so that it can be dealt with.

I actually know Jenee and her mom pretty well so trust me I know the story better than people who probably think they know. So, that being said, a lot of the comments were rude and ignorant and should have been dealt with. I get being hurt by team members leaving but MANY things said shouldn't have been put online.

Also I don't expect anything less than a team to stick up for their teammate but I'm talking about smoed as a whole being upset about people being rude about their performance. If Eddie and Orby can be blatantly rude on social media it doesn't surprise me when I see his athletes act the same way but regardless I would expect a gym of that size to stay on top of social media and dole out harsher consequences when athletes are misrepresenting the program.

Also I'm quite sure that people could complain directly to the gym about online activity and nothing would be done about it.

What treatment? I didn't see anything on social media from SMO's themselves and everyone on here seemed to agree that she looked exhausted and chances are her save in stunting right before probably played into what happened.
I am going by what I witnessed, not what was posted on social media...Of course I am exaggerating when I worded my comments as an injustice, but this young lady easily had about 5 tumbling passes and this is not counting the standing tumbling in the beginning and at the end of the routine...As a Mom, it seems like an insane amount of tumbling. ..JMO!

I am going by what I witnessed, not what was posted on social media...Of course I am exaggerating when I worded my comments as an injustice, but this young lady easily had about 5 tumbling passes and this is not counting the standing tumbling in the beginning and at the end of the routine...As a Mom, it seems like an insane amount of tumbling. ..JMO!

I agree. I think she is very over used.

agreed. quality > quantity. as an example:
angel's worlds 2014 pass of kick double >>>>>>> angel's 50 bounce back passes this year

I actually typed that out and then retracted it because I didn't want anyone to think I was putting her down. She is hands down, one of the best tumblers in the world, and it's funny because there is a vine being passed around---one that she even retweeted on her twitter, that said the amount of tumbling she does is similar to child slavery. I thought that was very interesting.

It'll be interesting to see where she does next year; I can't imagine her staying at Cali.

in their defense two of the guys tumble basically the same amount as her, except for the 2 bounce back passes. but ill agree i dont get why they have her do two bounce back passes to begin with, the first one she does is kind of pointless.
I wish they'd lighten it up and just give us a repeat of THE kick double. Frankly, that skill when she's fresh would score better than 4 passes when she's exhausted anyway.

And, for real, who gets tired of watching that pass?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually know Jenee and her mom pretty well so trust me I know the story better than people who probably think they know. So, that being said, a lot of the comments were rude and ignorant and should have been dealt with. I get being hurt by team members leaving but MANY things said shouldn't have been put online.

Also I don't expect anything less than a team to stick up for their teammate but I'm talking about smoed as a whole being upset about people being rude about their performance. If Eddie and Orby can be blatantly rude on social media it doesn't surprise me when I see his athletes act the same way but regardless I would expect a gym of that size to stay on top of social media and dole out harsher consequences when athletes are misrepresenting the program.

Also I'm quite sure that people could complain directly to the gym about online activity and nothing would be done about it.
I take exception to a good deal of what you say. The fact that you know Jenee and her Mom but not the individuals you're blaming says everything. I know Jenee and her Mom as well. I also know the others involved when Jenee left. I know how without warning she left the team days before NCA. I know how she then made and posted a video making a joke of it while at NCA. I know how Cali could have prevented her from cheering that year by not releasing her but they didn't. Not many gyms would be that charitable given that she was willing to compromise everything the team had been working so hard for. I know how she up and quit the team while at a comp. just weeks prior out of the blue and then wanted to return. They allowed her to return. I know how she claimed they were her family before up and quitting once again. Then came her final departure. I also know Jenee's departure had nothing to do with the team or with her. It had everything to do with someone else. I'm not condoning or defending what was said on social media on either side of the debate. I am saying both sides could have handled it better and will hopefully do so in the future. I also am saying that you need all the facts before you start finger wagging.

I stated that they were upset about their performance. I also stated that they were NOT upset about criticism of their team's performance. They were upset over the personal attack on their teammates.

In response to your remark about no sanctions by the gym when an athlete misbehaves, you could not be more wrong. They take that very seriously. I know of numerous instances where the athlete was given a warning and threatened with expulsion from the gym.

Last edited:
I take exception to a good deal of what you say. The fact that you know Jenee and her Mom but not the individuals you're blaming says everything. I know Jenee and her Mom as well. I also know the others involved when Jenee left. I know how without warning she left the team days before NCA. I know how she then made and posted a video making a joke of it while at NCA. I know how Cali could have prevented her from cheering that year by not releasing her but they didn't. Not many gyms would be that charitable given that she was willing to compromise everything the team had been working so hard for. I know how she up and quit the team while at a comp. just weeks prior out of the blue and then wanted to return. They allowed her to return. I know how she claimed they were her family before up and quitting once again. Then came her final departure. I also know Jenee's departure had nothing to do with the team or with her. It had everything to do with someone else. I'm not condoning or defending what was said on social media on either side of the debate. I am saying both sides could have handled it better and will hopefully do so in the future. I also am saying that you need all the facts before you start finger wagging.

I stated that they were upset about their performance. I also stated that they were NOT upset about criticism of their team's performance. They were upset over the personal attack on their teammates.

In response to your remark about no sanctions by the gym when an athlete misbehaves, you could not be more wrong. They take that very seriously. I know of numerous instances where the athlete was given a warning and threatened with expulsion from the gym.

Woah, I think you need to take a step back and probably calm down. You're clearly with the gym so anything I say, or anyone else says, against Cali you're going to take to heart but there's lots of evidence that suggests otherwise in how smoed deals with change. And as for Jenee and her leaving I wasn't going to go into detail because clearly it's no ones business so it would be nice if you did the same going forward. Just because you're salty doesn't mean you have to be rude about it.

This isn't about Jenee or Dylan or anyone else coming or going from smoed. It's about the team being able to handle themselves with a bit of class...which they've made it clear on numerous occasions that they can't.

Also lots of kids will keep doing something when empty threats are made. If a member was ever kicked off smoed for saying something on social media that the rest of us deemed ignorant, I'd eat my Kleenex.

Woah, I think you need to take a step back and probably calm down. You're clearly with the gym so anything I say, or anyone else says, against Cali you're going to take to heart but there's lots of evidence that suggests otherwise in how smoed deals with change. And as for Jenee and her leaving I wasn't going to go into detail because clearly it's no ones business so it would be nice if you did the same going forward. Just because you're salty doesn't mean you have to be rude about it.

This isn't about Jenee or Dylan or anyone else coming or going from smoed. It's about the team being able to handle themselves with a bit of class...which they've made it clear on numerous occasions that they can't.

Also lots of kids will keep doing something when empty threats are made. If a member was ever kicked off smoed for saying something on social media that the rest of us deemed ignorant, I'd eat my Kleenex.
Well you handled your response MUCH better than I would have[emoji15] ...sheesh.

i could be mistaken but didnt someone from the cali program say that her mom was the one who took her out of the program right before she went to CEA. i mean you cant really blame the girl for that, her parents ultimately have the final say.

Exhibit A:

Worlds* Medals by state:

66 - Texas (23 gold)
35 - California (11)
25 - Florida (13)
25 - Georgia (11)
20 - North Carolina (3)
18 - Kentucky (14)

* held 1000 miles from Texas
Are those the only states that have medaled? How many of the Texas ones are Cheer Athletics? Thats an impressive number.

During NCA, Panther's routine has been changed and cleaned. SE's routine was and is still a work in progress. I think that's one of the things that came to my mind when I saw both routines. Congrats to Panthers on their 4th consecutive NCA win. Am I a member of the teal army? Yes. Do I agree with what CSP tweeted? No. But I respect other's opinions because they have a point. In the end, little mistakes still count.

Last edited:

I have seen countless disgraceful remarks on social media that came from athletes from a myriad of gyms. This is not a problem exclusive to SMOED or California All Stars.

Nor do I have desire to beat a dead horse regarding something that happened a year ago. I want to be clear, I believe Jenee is truly a lovely girl. She was caught in an unfortunate situation.

My initial post addressed bullying on social media resulting from NCA 2015. If you feel it's acceptable or justified you have a right to your opinion. I don't feel it's acceptable.

I'm not in a position to debate gym philosophy. That would need to be addressed with someone other than myself. Again, you're entitled to your opinion.

Back