All-Star Nca Schedule

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It got ugly with the security guys over the one open seat in the middle of the group next to me when large coed and LAG were not too far away and it had started really getting nuts over seats. The seat was open because an 8 month along pregnant mom had to go to the bathroom and the security guy was all over giving her seat away and refusing to allow her husband to save it for her.

That conversation between hubs and the security guy wasn't fit for children's ears.

Her seat was still there when she got back :)

CP competed at 8:00am in the arena and-since it was her first NCA- wanted to stay and watch everyone. Of course, just as it gets crazy busy, she has to use the bathroom. Told her to go and I would save her seat. She comes back and says guard won't let her go. I walk her up and am told the same thing. I look around and see a popcorn bucket and tell CP to go stand in the corner and use the bucket. Guard lets her out.

I realize that the workers are just doing what they are told, but could we please use some common sense! I would hate to be Justin Carrier the week after NCA with all the upset parents. I can understand not leaving seats empty for an hour or more, but people have to eat and potty.

I'm not sure what the ideal solution is. If you announce "saving seats is OK if someone needs to go to the bathroom or concessions", that everyone will say that when saving a seat for any reason.

I do agree that you shouldn't get upset with the convention center workers - they are just doing the job they have been told to do.

We had a similar situation....again we were at the arena at the butt crack of dawn for CP's to compete & stayed all day....CP & friend had to go to restroom. Got a text from CP they were standing outside door & security refused to let them back in Arena. I had to go to security guard point to seats & tell him my kids were standing outside door because he refused to let them in. Can only imagine what this year will be like.

I probably wont be able to afford the livestream this year either :( bummer i know but i cant spend 35 dollars on something i cant watch all the time.. (in swedish money that is ALOT of money for something you watch once..) and because of the time differce i cant watch it all the time.. does anyone know if the videos they put up on the tuesday after NCA is the whole videos?? I mostly wanna watch the swedish team in IO5.. The other ones i will probably find videos of..

Doesn't Varsity still post free partial videos on their site?

Yes they do but ive heard that they are going toput full videos of the other halls that doesnt et live streamed and just wondered if its the samewith the arena.. (i may be wrong absout the videos.. sleep deprevation is getting o me. that is why i cant watch the whole thing.. i need my sleep.)

NCA Nationals 2015 - Google Sheets

Here is the google doc. I apologize for taking so long to make it. If you see any mistakes,anything that needs to be changed please feel free to change it especially summit bids because I couldn't find a updated list updated as frequently as the road to worlds website. Can't wait for my first NCA and I hope to meet some of you all!!
Thank you.

**I have a gofundme account. I call it my JOB**

I somehow feel I'm not mentally prepared for how manic this competition is going to be. It's the last weekend of my year abroad and instead of just heading straight home or lying on a beach somewhere, I'm choosing to endure two days of intense cheerleading. I must be crazy! Thank goodness I've got five days back in Orlando to recover before heading home!

Worlds last year was probably the best experience of my whole year abroad and my visa expires about two weeks before worlds this year so I couldn't stay for it :( hopefully NCA will be a good compromise :)
NCA is crazy in a different way from worlds. More levels, more teams and more floors going at the same time. Definitely have a schedule on you with the teams you want to see and what hall they perform in. Some of the halls such as D hall are a long walk from the arena! Also food lines are typically a similar situation to worlds. The arena itself is larger than the HP field house though and it does help that things are a bit more spread out. Just mentally prepare that the hallway connecting all the halls will be a swarm of people in between divisions. Use the disney "dodge and weave" through the crowds and try not to breathe in all the hairspray that teams are using in the lobby Lol. They typically have some freebies set up inbetween the arena and A hall which are worth checking out. In regards to food/drink, the NCA staff won't stop you from bringing stuff in BUT the Dallas convention center staff might if you are not an athlete. Since you are only having to find one seat, I don't think you will have a huge problem finding a seat if given adequate time before a division starts! :) You are going to love it, so have fun and bring all the usual stuff for a competition long haul (jacket, water bottle, etc)

NCA is crazy in a different way from worlds. More levels, more teams and more floors going at the same time. Definitely have a schedule on you with the teams you want to see and what hall they perform in. Some of the halls such as D hall are a long walk from the arena! Also food lines are typically a similar situation to worlds. The arena itself is larger than the HP field house though and it does help that things are a bit more spread out. Just mentally prepare that the hallway connecting all the halls will be a swarm of people in between divisions. Use the disney "dodge and weave" through the crowds and try not to breathe in all the hairspray that teams are using in the lobby Lol. They typically have some freebies set up inbetween the arena and A hall which are worth checking out. In regards to food/drink, the NCA staff won't stop you from bringing stuff in BUT the Dallas convention center staff might if you are not an athlete. Since you are only having to find one seat, I don't think you will have a huge problem finding a seat if given adequate time before a division starts! :) You are going to love it, so have fun and bring all the usual stuff for a competition long haul (jacket, water bottle, etc)

I've got food allergies so I'm going to try and play that card if they question me :p what time would you recommend arriving on the Saturday if I want to watch the first division in the arena? I was in line at worlds at 6am, is NCA the same or can I arrive a little later?

I'm pretty clueless haha. I know nothing about dallas and I don't even know how I'm getting from my hotel to the convention center yet!

I've got food allergies so I'm going to try and play that card if they question me :p what time would you recommend arriving on the Saturday if I want to watch the first division in the arena? I was in line at worlds at 6am, is NCA the same or can I arrive a little later?

I'm pretty clueless haha. I know nothing about dallas and I don't even know how I'm getting from my hotel to the convention center yet!

Convention center itself should be open early, as teams have to be there for warm ups + they start selling wristbands Friday night at check in, thus there shouldn't be a huge line ever to get tickets throughout the weekend & unless you have a kid competing that early or are a die hard fan, you prob won't have the luxury to be in the arena that early (kids competing later will still be at the hotel or at a team practice usually). I'd arrive at least an hour before to be safe though, as it gives you time to get tickets, look around inside & take in all the surroundings. You'll have more of an issue with the seats as the day goes on, as more kids get finished competing for the day & are already at the convention center. Strategize your bathroom breaks before you go in, during the arena break times and/or during not as popular divisions.

In terms of transport, you'll probably have to arrange a taxi (unless your hotel is on the DART line...which I still wouldn't ride alone as a female at dark quiet honestly). There isn't much else near the convention center in terms of food/sights to see imo, as its not really the nicest part of downtown once you get past the convention center. (newer/nicer parts of downtown all are by American Airlines Center on the other side of downtown for the most part). Dallas isnt much of a public transport city either aside from the DART train. Also, depending on if you are flying into DFW Airport vs. Dallas Love Field, DFW is actually in the suburbs & about 30 min from downtown, so not immediately close by. Google map your hotel to the convention center and see how much a taxi would be generally.

Back