All-Star Nca Sunday Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Speaking of lionheart - I saw the tweets about it being their first full out on day 1.... but like how do you pay the steep entry fee, pay to fly or drive all of your athletes there, pay for hotels and NOT prepare to give it your all? How do you rationalize that cost? Why do you want to put yourselves out there on the biggest Nationals stage and look like that? I just don't get it. Accidents happen, stunts fall, but that clearly was just not what was happening here.

It looked like the athletes were tired. The opening went, -yay tumbling, yay walking, yay yay- and then they just wiped out. The stunts started okay, but it seriously looked like the bases and flyers ran out of steam. I'm sure all the athletes are talented individuals, but the endurance was not there.

And, if they are only kind of "practicing" every so often without a solid team, than that mess is just reality. There is no way anyone can pull a strong routine that will hit without repetition and regular conditioning.

I'm saying that this is basically one big exhibition season for this team where they figure out the issues and try again next year. Champions aren't formed overnight.

They had a much better showing Day 2; still not NCA ready but they kept their stuff in the air so they didn't face as large of a deduction. Their raw score never broke 90 and that's not too surprising. Here is Day 2

How many judging panels are in the arena? Does one panel of judges watch every worlds division, or they alternate ?

Speaking of lionheart - I saw the tweets about it being their first full out on day 1.... but like how do you pay the steep entry fee, pay to fly or drive all of your athletes there, pay for hotels and NOT prepare to give it your all? How do you rationalize that cost? Why do you want to put yourselves out there on the biggest Nationals stage and look like that? I just don't get it. Accidents happen, stunts fall, but that clearly was just not what was happening here.

THIS... i think i said about the same thing after day one. Like i get she and others like to reiterate that this is just a fun team, and that its full of alumni who are looking to just have fun and compete, but i cant imagine fun team or not it being all that fun to waste so much money into going and traveling to NCA after only having one practice. If i had to put myself in any of those athletes shoes, i would have been mortified and embarrassed having to go out there so un prepared.
i cant wrap my head around the logistics of forming a team where half arent even able to attend more then one practice, like i dont see the point anymore. In the end i just dont know if thats something she should be overly proud of doing to a bunch of people.

I swear i am not trying to be mean, it is a legit question : How did Lionheart not get last place? I only saw the day 1 Video , was day 2 better? Does the tumbling score that high that it balances out that they did not really have any stunt sequence and only half a pyramid?

They only had bobbles and omissions day 2, so yes it was much better. Still needs a lot of cleaning up though.
I think deductions are very low considering the scores are out of 100 (0.75 for a fall and 1.25 for a major fall seem low to me at least), which makes bad days easier to come back from.

THIS... i think i said about the same thing after day one. Like i get she and others like to reiterate that this is just a fun team, and that its full of alumni who are looking to just have fun and compete, but i cant imagine fun team or not it being all that fun to waste so much money into going and traveling to NCA after only having one practice. If i had to put myself in any of those athletes shoes, i would have been mortified and embarrassed having to go out there so un prepared.
i cant wrap my head around the logistics of forming a team where half arent even able to attend more then one practice, like i dont see the point anymore. In the end i just dont know if thats something she should be overly proud of doing to a bunch of people.

Honestly though, I think these are kids/young adults who have the money to spend and time to spare.

They're all making some form of money from clinics and appearances and I am not sure if any of them are in school or taking part in any other time-consuming activity.

A kid in full-time school with less money could probably not afford to enter NCA and blow money.

I don't buy the whole "first time going full out" thing. I feel like its just an excuse to save face at the fact that they crashed and burned. Did they not practice as much as other teams? Yes. Do I believe that was their first time going full out? Lol no. If it was, then NCA is not the place to do so and someone who wants to open their own gym should know that.

Everytime I see another emotional social media post from a cheerlebrity trying to be inspirational about something, I just roll my eyes.

Last edited:
I'd still think a performance like their day 1 would do damage to their "brands" to the point that if you knew you weren't ready you'd never go out on the NCA mat if you were them. Maybe a small local comp as an exhibition, but not NCA nationals w/ the entire cheer world watching.

Like would you really want to attend a clinic run by people on that team after seeing that video?

Below my post is Gabi's original announcement back in July. This team is out of North Carolina now. What she originally intended is not what transpired. In hindsight (which we all wish we had), I'm not sure if she felt pressured to put a team on the floor, but she should have stuck to her original plan. That is unless it turned out not to be what she wanted. She certainly owes no one an explanation. Glad to see a better day 2, however those athletes look uninspired, uninterested and just tired. There is obviously talent there, but talent alone does not make a team.

nzeg02.jpg

Below my post is Gabi's original announcement back in July. This team is out of North Carolina now. What she originally intended is not what transpired. In hindsight (which we all wish we had), I'm not sure if she felt pressured to put a team on the floor, but she should have stuck to her original plan. That is unless it turned out not to be what she wanted. She certainly owes no one an explanation. Glad to see a better day 2, however those athletes look uninspired, uninterested and just tired. There is obviously talent there, but talent alone does not make a team.

nzeg02.jpg

I always assumed the IOC5 would be her marketing to draw people in to the full year program. For-fun team or not, if I lived in the area and had kids cheering, I would not bring them to a program that looks that unprofessional. I know every program starts somewhere, but I think she bit off more than she could chew and it would have paid off to just build this season. Have a fun international team go to local comps; don't step on the largest national stage until you're proud of your product. (Unless the whole gym idea is now off the table, which I gather it may be since she somehow ended up in NC this season)

I don't buy the whole "first time going full out" thing. I feel like its just an excuse to save face at the fact that they crashed and burned. Did they not practice as much as other teams? Yes. Do I believe that was their first time going full out? Lol no. If it was, then NCA is not the place to do so and someone who wants to open their own gym should know that.

Everytime I see another emotional social media post from a cheerlerity trying to be inspirational about something, I just roll my eyes.
plus i cant imagine anyone on that team not side eyeing her if that was truly the case. Like here i am at practice and someone walks in and tells me "hey guys our first full out is going to be at NCA, get excited!!!!" like no. I think i would walk at that point, regardless of how much i love the sport. The better guess is that she is saying that to gain sympathy, etc.

Can someone please tell me what place TGLC came in? Also what place did BSB get? I can't seem to find the scores.

I always assumed the IOC5 would be her marketing to draw people in to the full year program. For-fun team or not, if I lived in the area and had kids cheering, I would not bring them to a program that looks that unprofessional. I know every program starts somewhere, but I think she bit off more than she could chew and it would have paid off to just build this season. Have a fun international team go to local comps; don't step on the largest national stage until you're proud of your product. (Unless the whole gym idea is now off the table, which I gather it may be since she somehow ended up in NC this season)

I agree. At first there were a number of former teammates and other athletes who were "excited" to be on this team with Gabi. There are only a few of those left. I'm not sure why this ended up in North Carolina. Opening a gym is hard. South Florida is already over saturated in all-star gyms.

Back