All-Star New Announced Usasf Worlds Stuff

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow great for all the teams that will make it to finals. I feel sorry for at large bids that for many their trip will be essentially over with on Friday - even good teams that may have a few problems. The cost has just increased for most involved and the experience for some teams may be worse.

Do people think it might make some teams think twice before accepting an at-large to Worlds? It's a large cost to swallow if you're only going to compete one day. I know even the best teams can sometimes only score an at-large (I totally forgot Cheetahs had only an at-large and they got bronze!), but you know your team. If you REALLY don't think they have a shot past trials (and I mean a REAL shot, not a 'well, if x number of teams bomb, we've got a shot'), it might deter the amount of teams..

But it sucks for those 3 girls IF those 3 girls exist. Of the IOC6 teams, how many (besides Gymtyme/Louisville) ACTUALLY fill out the max guys (and I mean that really- I don't know if most teams do).

I am so excited for this, it truly will be a fight this year, worlds will be how its SUPPOSED to be. "The best of the best."

The "birth year" rule in Internation divisions caught my eye. So essentially, as long as you TURN 14 by December 2012 you are eligible to compete with IO5? As long as they turn 14 some time during the year 2012, they can compete in IO5. In fact, this opens the door to some current 12 year olds who haven't had their birthday yet this calendar year! Right?

Of course, you can't get your bid with any of them unless they are 14 by USASF rules by Aug 31st 2011.

NEW:

Competitor's Age - "Year of the Competition"
- ALL International Open Divisions (Levels 5 &
6) will follow the ICU Cheerleading World Championships age requirement (known as the

"International Standard") for determining the required age of a competitor. This standard is followed

in most sports around the globe. The age of a competitor will be determined based on the date of

birth falling during the
"year of the competition." Example:
A competitor who turns 14 up until
December 31, 2012 will be eligible to compete at the 2012 Worlds in an International Open Level 5

Division.

1) I wish this all came out before the season started especially since you need permission to switch gyms, I know, I know please dont tell me why it's in place. I just think it's good to know what your dealing with before you sign up.

2) If it was up to me, we wouldnt attend on at large bid, I have... so no need to convince me why it's good. I'm just saying at this point, I'm not sure attending is such a great idea for my family.

3) So now the age cutoff for International is 14 by Dec 31? So we can have 13 yr olds as long as they turn 14 by 12/31/2012?

4) Top 10? Okay that's sounds like it could be good, but that's a HUGE change to go from 50% to top 10, again especially since teams are already formed. But then again a division with less than 10, everyone moves on? come on!

5) Let's make a rule that there arent any rule changes after the season starts and for everyone that says it doesnt matter, there are just as many that think it does.

6) Reducing the amount of at large bids would have helped this issue of too many teams without having to go to the Top 10 idea right away.

Enjoy your year cheer year and lets hope that there arent too many more surprises.

So there is more of a chance that everyone is in the Milk House! This is good.
Worlds is finally about being the best of the best and I dont have to sit through 100 not-so-good teams.
I'm actually really loving this though I'm not sure how the whole ICU/Trials thing on Friday is going to work, though I assume the trials will be in the Jostens.

Well the more I think about it the more discouraging this seems. From our geography (California) every major bid comp is offering more bids this year, but your chances are worse to make it to Sunday - kind of makes you wonder who is benefiting (sarcastically).

And for intl they could be 12 now and turn 13 why the end of the year -2011. That means they will turn 14 by the end if 2012. Now isn't that wonderful 12 year old girls with grown men.

The stuff with the International 5 and 6 teams seems like it's going to be a huge headache. I'm guessing that we're not altering the division guidelines (age, # of males on team) for general USASF sanctioned events... But why? I understand the logic behind the changes, but I'd like to see more consistency.

I love that only 10 teams will move from prelims to semi finals and from semi finals to finals. I know there are teams that have made significant jumps in placement in the past, and that's great, really lucky for them that they managed to squeak by and make it in the top 50% of their division after a poor performance and bounce back and shine in finals. This won't allow anyone to do that. You have to KILL it with every performance to make it into the next round. This is the most prestigious competition of the year for high level teams- the stakes should be high.

One thing I'm wondering about having an extra day for prelims for small senior and small coed- I think that if these division remain as large as they have over the past few years, adding that extra day is a great idea. I haven't been following exactly how many teams are in what division this year, but I'm wondering how the introduction of the medium divisions has effected the number of teams competing in the small divisions? Did a lot of teams move up to medium, lowering the number of small teams? Will the fact that it's going to be MUCH harder to make it into semi finals and finals deter teams with an at large bid in these divisions from attending Worlds? Is it possible that that extra day may be unnecessary and we could just tack the prelim competition onto the beginning of Saturday again?

1. The top 10 think I like, but they didn't answer what happens if there are less then 10 already in the division, will they still have to compete in semi finals and if they do will they all make it? Also I see they already set it up so that small senior and small coed have a prelim, but what happens if it gets closer to worlds and say medium all girl has a huge amout of teams then when they add them to the prelim list?

2. The IOC6 changes seems like they are trying to fix what happened with Bangkok last year. I like that they added more guys, but why not change it completely for USASF events? The age thing confused me so I am not even going to try and understand it.

3. The athlete release thing was interesting to me because they have a date of Nov. 1 as the starting point. So basically say a girl who competed with Lime a week or so ago now wants to switch gyms she doesn't need a waiver even though her competition season has already started. I like that there was a date but what about the competitions that take place before Nov 1st or does it only matter for bid events?

4. Another question I have about the Worlds Trials is will they eliminate it if need be? Wasn't IOC5 the only international division that needed a worlds trial round last year (possibly IO5 too)? So if the level 6 divisions have less then 10 will it be eliminated again or is it set in stone that they will still have to do that round?

5. Also love that they added the extra day for prelims, but I could see some people complaining about not being in the Milkhouse since the ICU will be in there for their opening ceremony and competition.

I really like how intl teams dont have to compete in the morning saturday and have to go again later that day and they get to break it down once per day!

Wow if you think of it on a percentage basis then if there are 70 teams in small senior than only 14% make to finals. However, since the attached file does not specify what happens if there is only 10 or less in a division, potentially 100% can make it to finals no matter what. Wow what a reward for fielding a team in a small division and should that be rewarded?

I knew this was coming down to just the top 10 at finals one day. Can everyone be in the arena for finals now? I personally would like to see top 15 in some of the larger divisions though. This will drastically change everything this year for those teams who are always better the 2nd day. Saturday will be mighty important now. If I were a small senior team, I would look long and far for able bodies to be large senior this year. Your chances of making it to finals are very good since this division is so small. This rule definately benefits the small divisions. Hurts the larger divisions. The majority.

Back