All-Star New Announced Usasf Worlds Stuff

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hope they are thinking of fixing IOC5 as well. We are aware that international teams go to the ICU and face the same boy changing that level 6 does? So basically IOC5 needs to allow 15 boys at worlds.

im pleased. leaving for disney on wednesday= more homework :/ & correct me if im wrong isnt that the same week as the TAKS testing for all Texas students -_____-

I hope they are thinking of fixing IOC5 as well. We are aware that international teams go to the ICU and face the same boy changing that level 6 does? So basically IOC5 needs to allow 15 boys at worlds.

Maybe if something like what happened with Bangkok happened in that division then they would change things.

Question, does the ICU use the Milkhouse and Jostens? Since it says the location for prelims is TBD I wondered if the ICU plans on using both therefore causing the USASF to find somewhere else for this to take place (Indiana Jones?).

3. The athlete release thing was interesting to me because they have a date of Nov. 1 as the starting point. So basically say a girl who competed with Lime a week or so ago now wants to switch gyms she doesn't need a waiver even though her competition season has already started. I like that there was a date but what about the competitions that take place before Nov 1st or does it only matter for bid events?
I assumed it was for bid competitions, because I think the earliest is mid-November, is it not? Spirit Celebration is in Mid-November, BUTBT is Mid-December, etc. That way you get enough time to look through a practice and say 'Hey, is this gym safe/have the interests of its athletes at heart?' The whole point of keep bid-hopping down is obvious (bids aren't awarded by then, as far as I know so you have to fight out the season to see if you get one), and if you're lucky you may have competed and therefore know how your team dynamic is. Huzzah.

Maybe if something like what happened with Bangkok happened in that division then they would change things.

Question, does the ICU use the Milkhouse and Jostens? Since it says the location for prelims is TBD I wondered if the ICU plans on using both therefore causing the USASF to find somewhere else for this to take place (Indiana Jones?).
I assume one will happen before the other. And there will be a break between to change the set.

Or ICU will continue to use Milkhouse, and everyone competing on Friday for USASF will be stuck in Jostens.

I assume one will happen before the other. And there will be a break between to change the set.

Or ICU will continue to use Milkhouse, and everyone competing on Friday for USASF will be stuck in Jostens.

That is what I figured would happen I just wasn't sure if they used to Jostens as well. This will stir up the complaints about not being in the Milkhouse again. I don't remember when the ICU ceremony is usually held but if they have to do Prelims for 2 division and worlds trials for 4 then it doesn't leave a whole lot of time in the Milkhouse.

That is what I figured would happen I just wasn't sure if they used to Jostens as well. This will stir up the complaints about not being in the Milkhouse again. I don't remember when the ICU ceremony is usually held but if they have to do Prelims for 2 division and worlds trials for 4 then it doesn't leave a whole lot of time in the Milkhouse.
No level 6 teams had US trials last year. And i can't remember if All Girl IO5 had trials.
IOC5 will be the biggest division on Friday. Small Senior and Small Coed will have less than 30 teams each.

No level 6 teams had US trials last year. And i can't remember if All Girl IO5 had trials.
IOC5 will be the biggest division on Friday. Small Senior and Small Coed will have less than 30 teams each.

That goes with the question I asked earlier. Because the Worlds trials were cut for everyone but IOC5 last year, will the same thing happen this year or will they still have to compete in it since they seem pretty set on having it on Friday? If they do cut those world trials then I can see it possibly being in the Milkhouse, but I still think it could be pushing it.

That goes with the question I asked earlier. Because the Worlds trials were cut for everyone but IOC5 last year, will the same thing happen this year or will they still have to compete in it since they seem pretty set on having it on Friday? If they do cut those world trials then I can see it possibly being in the Milkhouse, but I still think it could be pushing it.
Oh. It is mandatory for EVERYONE this year. So if there is more than 1 team they will have it because they are awarding trophies to everyone in the top 10. So you are competing to be the best in the US on Friday. You could win that. Then Saturday you are entering Prelims/Semi-Finals for Worlds. You may come in 5th and not move on to compete in the finals even though you were the top team in the US on friday.

NEW: Following the completion of the U.S. Worlds Trials divisions the USASF will award trophies to the top 4th – 10th place teams, US Worlds Trials Gold, Silver and Bronze trophies and medallions to the top 3 teams.

Yay! now I don't have to sit thru so many teams at finals. But now I have to get there at 8am to make sure I can get a seat.

Oh. It is mandatory for EVERYONE this year. So if there is more than 1 team they will have it because they are awarding trophies to everyone in the top 10. So you are competing to be the best in the US on Friday. You could win that. Then Saturday you are entering Prelims/Semi-Finals for Worlds. You may come in 5th and not move on to compete in the finals even though you were the top team in the US on friday.

NEW: Following the completion of the U.S. Worlds Trials divisions the USASF will award trophies to the top 4th – 10th place teams, US Worlds Trials Gold, Silver and Bronze trophies and medallions to the top 3 teams.

So basically if you have a IO6 or IOC6 team in the US at worlds you will walk away with something. I like that they will still get to compete in a worlds trial just to get the practice.

This is preposterous.................
NEW: Competitor's Age - "Year of the Competition" -ALL International Open Divisions (Levels 5 & 6) will follow the ICU Cheerleading World Championships age requirement (known as the "International Standard") for determining the required age of a competitor. This standard is followed in most sports around the globe. The age of a competitor will be determined based on the date of birth falling during the "year of the competition." Example: A competitor who turns 14 up until December 31, 2012 will be eligible to compete at the 2012 Worlds in an International Open Level 5 Division.

This is preposterous.................
NEW: Competitor's Age - "Year of the Competition" -ALL International Open Divisions (Levels 5 & 6) will follow the ICU Cheerleading World Championships age requirement (known as the "International Standard") for determining the required age of a competitor. This standard is followed in most sports around the globe. The age of a competitor will be determined based on the date of birth falling during the "year of the competition." Example: A competitor who turns 14 up until December 31, 2012 will be eligible to compete at the 2012 Worlds in an International Open Level 5 Division.
I get WHY they're doing it (to keep ICU Standards in line with USASF Standards so teams don't get penalized when cross-competing), but I think it's really really stupid.

Back